For what purpose?

For what purpose?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Meowmorphosis-Quirk-Classics-Franz-Kafka/dp/159474503X
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For the same purpose as this.

I haven't read the book or watched the movie, but dumb shit like this is only worth experiencing in movie form for shits and giggles. Spending more than two hours on something like this isn't worth it.

"Please buy more books...? Please get interested in reading? Please? We're desperate. We'll try anything. Please? Just pick up a book. Maybe pick up a book? Come on, pick up a book...Please?!"

seth grahame-smith is more inventive than a mere text corruption

>Thus begins The Meowmorphosis—a bold, startling, and fuzzy-wuzzy new edition of Franz Kafka’s classic nightmare tale, from the publishers of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies! Meet Gregor Samsa, a humble young man who works as a fabric salesman to support his parents and sister. His life goes strangely awry when he wakes up late for work and finds that, inexplicably, he is now a man-sized baby kitten. His family freaks out: Yes, their son is OMG so cute, but what good is cute when there are bills piling up?

amazon.com/Meowmorphosis-Quirk-Classics-Franz-Kafka/dp/159474503X

>Take a renowned, literary work and repackage it with a gimmick
>Rake in the dollary-doos
Because it prints money with little time and effort.

It's based on a comic which can be read quicker than watching the movie.

I used to work for marketing for these kinds of products. There are essentially 2 different types of people who pour money into our pockets.

Those who are relatively unread and are looking for a quick gimmicky thing to read or give as a present.

And those who are insecure who slag this shit off as if they know better despite the fact we produce this shit so that you'll circulate it on online media and create attention for us and catch more flies to buy our shit by causing controversy.

Thank you, idiots. Thanks for the free money.

>he can't read a book in the time it takes to watch a film
serious question, why are you even here?

>His books can be read in the running time of a film

How are those YA Novellas treating you?

I didn't know this was a comic, I guess that's fine too.

>he doesn't read novels longer than 200 pages

Its not free if they are paying you a salary.

When I saw this on the trailers of the Deadpool movie on the cinema I thought "this can't be serious."

I would have called it Metameowphorsis.

Metameowpurrhiss

fuckin dumb

It's too clunky.

I just finished downloading this movie for my friend who doesn't know how to torrent stuff.

He also wanted The Fifth Wave and the newest hunger games movie, along with others that aren't based on books.

He has also referred to 'Zombies' as his 'favorite genre of literature'.

I'm not slagging it off, I just want to know why it was made and if there will be a 20 Thousand Leagues Under the Sea Monsters.

for fun dude
i know it's a difficult concept for you to understand

For the green, paper purposes with faces of important people

>being friends with someone like this
>being enough of a friend with someone like this to do him favors
>thinks pleb isn't contagious
>thinks he's superior

Veeky Forums should rewrite a book like this. take each sentence and change a couple of the nouns, adjectives. we could have it done in a handful of threads.

that movie failed btw

>The film was released by Screen Gems on February 5, 2016 in the United States,[5] and by Lionsgate on February 11 in the United Kingdom and Ireland.[6] The film grossed just $16 million worldwide against a budget of $28 million, making it a box office bomb.[4]

And who gets the money?

There is justice in this world

the user(s) who participated in publishing?

as soon as someone name fags, it becomes a trip fest

will you ever write a novel which is made into even an unsuccessful film?

This doesn't have much to do with our topic because the "author" of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies didn't actually write a novel, he only rewrote it.

what motivates people to make comments like these?

a parody of the original work is a separate work itself

next you will tell me that the author of batrachomyomachia didn't actually write it too because it's a parody to iliad

if you still didn't get it, it's not merely a text corruption, it has a new plot parodying the original one

to laugh at jelly people like

>a parody of the original work is a separate work itself
This is actually agreeable
but
>book is shit
>movie was a financial failure
>jelly
I might be jelly of JK Rowling or John Green or George Lucas but this book really isn't jelly-worthy.

Gimmicks sell.

Who cares? You haven't read Price and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and you won't read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith, so what's your point?

>seth grahame-smith

>+ Brett Wright
>yeah I totally co-wrote these stories with Mr shakesspeare