Thoughts on Walt Whitman?

Thoughts on Walt Whitman?

where is his plug hat

>Whitman

tss who is he whit i dont see no one else in the pikture whit him dat dont make no sense

FUKKEN HOME RUN, CHIPPERSON

I used to like him but then I read a poem that I no longer remember but I don't like him anymore. No idea why really.

/blog

I
used to like
him but
then I read a poem

that I
no longer re
member but
I don't like him anymore

No
idea
why really

Love him. Highly artistic. One would have liked to watch him eat acorns

Homosexual racist, dislike him out of principle.

The best honestly. Everyone before Whitman was just leading up to him, everyone after him was trying to be him.

Walt, Ginsberg and Eliot were the greatest American poets of all time, but Walt has the distinction of also being the greatest poet in English.

>Walt
>Ginsberg
>Eliot

One of these is not like the others...

...and by that, I mean one of these is not good. In fact, I mean one of these is atrocious and I have no idea why you included him.

Ginsberg not great if that s what you mean

Been wanting to read some Whitman since reading about Nietzsche's debt to him/Deleuze's debt to America. What's good intro

plsbb8bby

>since reading about Nietzsche's debt to him
what lmao
youre thinking about emerson

DUDE METH LMAO

Sick of this meme.
You must be lacking a lot in your literary education if you seriously think Ginsberg is one of the greatest American poets of all time. >2016
>reading edgy philosophers

They are alive and well somewhere;
The smallest sprout shows there is really no death;
And if ever there was, it led forward life, and does not wait at the end to arrest it,
And ceas’d the moment life appear’d.

All goes onward and outward—nothing collapses;
And to die is different from what any one supposed, and luckier.

What a crock of shit.

he was trash and he ruined poetry

I haven't read much of his poetry, but I really liked the last section of Song of Myself.

may I save this?