Life is inherently worthless, but living it is still worth it

life is inherently worthless, but living it is still worth it

discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/natural-kinds/#Ess
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>living it is still worth it
probably not but I'm too scared of death to kms so I'll soldier on I guess

fuck you ya smarmy cunt I'm off to kill myself right now just to spite your supercilious ass

brb gunstore

>Life is worthless
>Some part of life is worth it

All you had to do is not contradict yourself. Thread ruined.

>inherently worthless
>living it is still worth it
F, see me at the parking lot at 9 am, wear a thong

This. If life has the quality of being worth living then it's not 'worthless' FFS.

>life is worthless
I don't understand why people choose to assign no meaning to their lives and then do nothing but complain about it .

>reading comprehension

hmm, thought you guys were smarter than that, my mistake

There is no such as an 'inherently' anything.

So music isn't inherently sound? Great argument

Music is sound because of waves expanding in the air, reflecting on on the surface of materials, &c. What I mean is that there is no 'in-itself' being that it's not related to something else, if you posit an inherent thing, you have to take that on account.

That's a terrible example for you too because, physical aspect apart, the same musical note can sound different when put together with other notes.

Study up, buttercup: plato.stanford.edu/entries/natural-kinds/#Ess

I'm not denying that there are essential qualities to things, but that in those qualities themselves there is an implicit relation to its own other that limits that quality, this relation does not come from outside the nature of the thing. 'Omnis determinatio est negatio', etc.

>it is still worth it
yeah, if you knew how to fucking live
all I do is just read books to run away, along with bitch and moan over stupid things
I've never made anyone resoundingly happy, and I don't know what warmth means to people
I'm a shell of a human
so are you

hahahaha how the fuck is gun suicide not supercilious hahaha nigga just jump off ur roof like nigga bang ur head on the wall haha

Music is sound because "music" is defined to be that; it has nothing to do with its physical properties and behaviour. In that sense, music *is* inherently sound. In other words, it is a priori that music is sound, it is an analytic truth that it is sound, etc. variants work here. What you had provided is an explanation of how sound-waves behave, but that wasn't what was getting at.

Of course music *is* sound, I'm trying to get to the nature of the *is*, and what it involves. I'm more of a Hegelian in this subject, if you want to critique me more accurately.

Life isn't worthless, it's meaningless sure but worthless no. Only people whose never had a beautiful life experience would say that life is worthless. Maybe YOUR life is worthless

You're retarded

>the nature of the *is*
The existential "is", the "is" of predication, or the "is" of identity?

>I'm more of a Hegelian in this subject
Meaning?

'Heraclitean' would be more appropriate to say, meaning a change/dialectic based ontology.

Your so-called life is just a chemical reaction in your brain. There is literally no diferrence between your life and my poop - they both are products of organic chemistry

>The existential "is", the "is" of predication, or the "is" of identity?

They both involve difference, but I think in this thread we mean identity, since we are not talking about processes.