Asparagus

Couple of questions.
Firstly, can I do anything with the ends of the asparagus that I have chopped here? (See picture)
Is this the type of scrap used to make stock?

Secondly:
Did I fuck up and put too much in at once? Does it need to be a single layer if I cover it?

First batch looks and tastes good. I charred some of it. Is the charring carcinogenic? I know it is on beef, but I like the taste on the asparagus.
Seems to be good enough to me.

Nigga you dun goofed.

That looks fucking awful user. You overcrowded the pan and stewed your half-cooked shit.

What is it supposed to even taste like, texture wise? I can tell a clear difference, but maybe I undercooked it.

Wrinkly and charred, easy to pull apart but not mushy.

Any better, this time?

Is this batch or the image above more appropriate?

Dude jesus
Put max of about 12-15 in your pan. Coat them in oil/s&p first

Fry them off until they're nice

When I was looking at the thumbnails of your other pictures I thought you were trying to boil green beans in a pot of water

Ok looming more at your pics you could probably get away with 20, but they should be single layer and lined up (not just for ocd reasons) but so they can be rolled around easily and cooked on all sides like sausages

Charring them gently is where the nice flavour comes out

You don't want no nignog assburgers in your pan

>Is this the type of scrap used to make stock?
yes. you can also puree it to make creamed asparagus soup.

>id I fuck up and put too much in at once? Does it need to be a single layer if I cover it?
yes to both

>Is the charring carcinogenic?
everything is carcinogenic. ESPECIALLY things that YOU like. this is the reality that we live (and eventually die of cancer) in.

Cook a dozen at a time.
Medium flame.
Knob of butter and crushed garlic.
Only fry for a couple of minutes, keep some crunch. If it's totally soft, you've killed it.
Salt and pepper to finish.
Great with scotch fillet.

>scotch

>(You)

Unfortunately, it was for my stupid fucking sister that eats them for bullshit "I'm so swole" pageants. Also, electric stove.
I had never actually had cooked asparagus until today (jesus christ is it expensive), but I might consider it in the future--or just turn the scraps into stock and make a real dish.
In the future, I will heed the warning and cook a single layer, but these seemed to turn out fine--all I had to do was disturb them once every minute or so.

How much did it cost you?

>he didn't peel the asparagus

Nigga what the fuck you doing!

It's $4 per pound.

>"I'm so swole" pageants
do what now?

Grown in Mexico? Because I pay less than that for Mexican Asparagas here in Australia

Amateur bodybuilding competitions.
No clue whatsoever; I am uncertain of its source, as I buy it at the supermarket. I guarantee it has an inflated price here because of the granolas and the marketing bubble that follows them.

Sounds shit. It's about 3 freedom units per pound here for Mexican stuff in the off season but once the locally grown stuff comes through here it's about 1.99 dollarydoos per pound

Which is like 1.65 freedom units atm tbqhfamalam

Fuck that. I'm gonna riot.

Don't waste the ends
I've thought about dehydrating them but not tried yet

I'll send you a pm once I've tried it and let you know, I reckon they'd make nice crunchy snacks

Clever idea.

Putting asparagus into a generic stock? Are you fucking mad? Also A STOCK POT IS NOT A GARBAGE CAN.

And? Why not? It has some nice flavor to it. Why not combine it with literally every other vegetable and make POOR MAN'S DAILY SUPPLEMENT SAUCE?

Also, just as a general question: How do I cook it in the microwave?

You don't, ideally

If you're desperate you could chop it up into 2 inch pieces and shove it up your ass, or even better just eat it raw

>>Is this the type of scrap used to make stock?
>yes. you can also puree it to make creamed asparagus soup.

You cannot really puree asparagus ends, they are too stringy...unless you want to spend 45 minutes pushing your puree through a chinois or tamis with a rubber spatula to get 1 cup of usable puree.

Don't tell the guy lies just because you've never owned a decent blender

>my stupid fucking sister
post pics

A Vitamix? Really, if you want an asparagus puree then use the good part. The ends are only good for a base stock to thin your puree as needed.

that isn't white asparagus

>I pay less than that for Mexican Asparagas here in Australia
wot, where? they're $2 per bunch at Coles right now.

what the fuck

it needs oil, salt, and pepper

have you literally never cooked food before?