So which is it, Veeky Forums?

So which is it, Veeky Forums?

I'd only pull the lever if the one guy told me too.

Just fucking pull it and be done with it
>o-oh but it would be ethically wrong because you s-stop being an observ-
Fuck you, pull it and look away.

Multi-track drifting desu

If I announce my moral nihilism, do I get to kill the track with more people?

If you do nothing you're more evil than if you try to good but fail

>suck on my categorical imperative faggots
>Jeremy Bentham was a nigger lover

The trick is that both of these extend infinitely. So is it better to kill an infinite number of people more quickly or more slowly?

Switch it and then switch it back at the last second for maximum evil.

This framing could only make sense if infinitey could be reached, at any given point in time you would have killed more people in the five track

i would pull the lever just as it goes over the junction cause the trolley to derail.

i will then carefully choose a concubine from the people i have saved.

That's a fair point, but in this situation, each person on the track will still inevitably be killed, and the ones further along will have to suffer for longer wondering when their turn is coming. On the track with people in groups of five, more people will be suffering for less time.

infinity * 5 > infinity

but at least the victims on the bottom track have people to shoot the shit with for eternity

Posting the best one famalamborghinis

lrn2 hilbert's hotel, buddeh

>there is noone else nearby
you mean this noone, right?

I didn't write it familicketysplit, but I think these things come from facebook so there you go.

No even then in any point of time there would still be five times as many people waiting as would be on the other track

That's not true, though.

I don't see what you mean, Hilbert's hotel corresponds to my point

Some infinities are larger than others, as demonstrated by Cantor.

You pick the smaller infinity. It is still an eternity of murder, but a slightly better one.

Although, I could make a case for picking the bottom track because it's more likely to clog up the mechanism of the train with blood and guts, thus stopping the continual slaughter.

But in this reality where we are capable of having an infinitely long track, I suppose we can also take supernatural exceptions to the functioning of the train.

>if infinitey could be reached
Luckily we don't need infinity, only need as long as it takes.

The same number of people would get killed either way. It just takes longer for people to get killed on the upper track.

And both infinities are the exact same size in this scenario. And anyway, Cantor's argument about the "size" of infinities doesn't have anything to do with quantity, but with structure.

What about my case about guts clogging the train. I liked that one better at the end of the day

There is only one solution.

Since this is a thought experiment, I assume the train's just gonna keep going no matter what.

>would get killed

Since there's you're mistake, you're speaking in terms of a completed act, infinity is a metaphysical abstraction that can never be reached, what we have instead are potentialities of distance and in ever potential instance within the frame the bottom track results in five more people being killed.

It won't be completed, but assuming infinite time, every person on the track will still get killed.

If they believe everything I do, they won't mind, in fact they will agree, that I let them die. Seems like an ez one my man.

So you would die to save the cancer curer?

You got it wrong brah, they believe that everything you do will kill millions of innocents.

One of the ten million ways to look at is that I see "cancer curer" and "kill millioner". I think for three seconds and I pick the cancer curer. If they agree with me, then they support my decision. They also believe it's not gay to jerk off to "big dick handjob" videos.

fuck the fuck out of this shit, seriously fuck you

Neither choice is inherently ethical or unethical. I'd probably just walk away.

I don't understand this picture. doesn't it make sense to just kill the one guy I stead of killing a bunch of guys?

But u have to flip the switch, thereby actively murdering him.

'Cancer' is not a single disease you can cure.

I think he was referring to Veeky Forums cancer

Kantian ethics would say to pull the switch, because if the guy knew of the position of five other people, it would still be probably universal to save the five people at the cost of his life.

Whichever switch will allow me to kill all of them

No, it's not a set larger than infinity, which can be made but isn't made in this case. 1 = 5, 2 = 10, 3 = 15, etc. You need to have a sequence that doesn't follow 12345... sequentially.

it would be morally wrong to use force to affect the frog's actions

when the trolley goes by and they're all unaffected, beat the shit out of them for wasting your time with a meme dilemma

I don't get it.

5 get their heads mushed and the other guy gets his feet squished.

But as I see there is no choice at all, he left just one track.

squish :^)

I do not pull the lever. I did not create this situation, its outcome is not my responsibility. If I were to pull the lever a death would be on my hands.

nothing will happen as the trolley is stopped. There are no motion lines indicating movement or direction

It's symbolic of how there are no choices in life. Only the road you were always going to travel.