staging.airflowsciences.com/rkn/Pynchon/None.bomarc/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

uscg.mil/proceedings/archive/1963/Vol20_No7_Jul1963.pdf
newspapers.digitalnc.org/lccn/2014236862/1979-03-01/ed-1/seq-3/ocr.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DDDDDDAAAAAAAANNNNNNNKKKKK

cool shit, thanks user

is it really about a half-naked fat woman riding a bomb

IMO these come close to the very best of Pynchon's work.

Just on a first read but the Bomarc Papers may very well be his masterpiece, much as Flaubert's true genius is to be found in his letters, not his novels.

pretty much it gets to be. yes.

It's a dude in the book, but yeah.

>It's a dude
not sure if it's hot...

This one is maybe of particular interest...

(slightly retouched for legibility)

yeah, i found it too

this poem was written in the august of 1962, it was reprinted in the july of 1963 in some marine journal (page 13)
uscg.mil/proceedings/archive/1963/Vol20_No7_Jul1963.pdf

and then apparently forgotten till the march of 1979 when some guy won a speaking competition by quoting it
newspapers.digitalnc.org/lccn/2014236862/1979-03-01/ed-1/seq-3/ocr.txt

>Dan Howe got the verse from May 23. Howe received a $75 an industrial publication, the Coastalizor of Pascagoula, Miss. He quoted it in closing his talk on “Accident Prevention” in February. The Firestone (Gastonia) shift foreman in TC Twisting won first place for his speech at the annual Blue Ridge Safety Council Speaking competition during the regular monthly meeting in Cherryville.

I wish I was smart enough to read GR in any language. I've started it three or four times and can't make it past page 80. After the third try I can kind of understand what's going on but it's just too dense. It's harder than most of the articles and monographs I read for my degree.

You're the most boring sort of pseud for saying that.

hahaha non-STEM major spotted. I'll take a grande non-fat soy latte please

Actual STEM major here, Pynchon is the epitome of the liberal arts education. The STEM segments in GR are incredibly superficial. The book is only confusing because it is so surreal, impressionistic, and expansive.

You are confirmed for smug STEM undergrad who has never read Pynchon.

pseud user btfo. Pynchon's science references are very elementary though well implemented. Do you actually think GR is impressive because of its reference to double integrals?

It's okay, user, just bee yourself

if you want truly hard math references, read 'incandescence' by greg egan

STEM is easy though. All you have to do is practice, you don't actually have to have any imagination or mental agility. That's why there's so many asians and autistic boys in STEM faculties. Smart? Yes, but 90% of them have the souls of born technicians. My cousin loved math, he was an engineer and worked in the oil sands for a few years, but then the economy collapsed and he got laid off, so now he drives a garbage truck for a living. Even the simple joy of computing numbers is denied him. He never much cared for books.

First year calc was amazing, all you had to do was pay attention and do the problems in the back of the book and you got an A+. The hardest part of the course was parsing the instructor's chinese accent.

yeah i work in education and there is an endless stream of annoying nerds who think they are a fucking genius because they got an A in calculus. Give me a fucking break man, you just memorize your formulas, plug in the numbers and an A pops out at the end of the semester...none of them can think for shit, i tried to give one a job as a programmer but he wasn't up for even a relatively simple problem...so lame

Veeky Forums's humanitards are too easy to upset, so your (You)s are worthless and so are you

I am a philosophy major and have an IQ of 240 measured by philosophical professionals and they all agree STEM is a joke.
Ok so what you understand cellular biology at a highly comprehensive level?
Do you even know what the word 'epistemology' refers to?
How do you even tie your shoes if you're that dumb.
I. Et if I tried I could cure cancer or design a 100% fuel efficient car in like a half an hour using my philosophy knowledge if I tried.
I could probably design a Mars rover buggy and the rocket to transport it to Mars in about twenty minutes using my skills of virtue and ontology.
STEM is for retards.
Philosophy is for geniuses like myself.
Inb4 some STEMcuck questions my mental agility due to being jealous with their unsuperior logical abilities.

xD

>Pure Math doesn't require imagination and mental agility, but muh SJW Libcuck Studies does

I guarantee they all shit the bed as soon as they get to higher level classes. People that think they're "nerds" because they did well in highschool math and calc are indeed the worst

The book teaches you how to read it and gets easier as it goes. Some sections require a lot of patience because it's a tad too long.

>The STEM segments in GR are incredibly superficial

>mfw it's not rocket science

Why doesn't this thread have more replies? The posted images are incredibly interesting

>you just memorize your formulas, plug in the numbers
I'm literally laughing at America right now.

Protip to those living on the Retarded Continent: unless you're doing proofs, then it ain't math.

(It's amazing that USA Universities can pump out thousands of 'math major' graduates who literally have never studied math in their whole lives.)

May be because they're not all provably Pynch, but that's only appropriate