Greatest Living American Writer

Where do I go with Gass? The Tunnel was excellent.

>“He hated not being heard, having to shout at the insides of himself, having to live in his dreams the way he lived in one of his rented rooms, being opposed, denied, neglected, refused. Kicked out.”

is Gass the new meme

ive read fanfiction better than this

off a fucking bridge memester

Anyone have a mega or mediafire link to the tunnel?

I really dislike his writing style.

Whose writing style do you enjoy?

Joyce, Burroughs, Faulkner, Melville, etc.

Why don't you like Gass man then? He's definitely from the tradition of the authors that you seem to like.

spam his purple prose but stop posting his ugly fat white face

>Duty drove me the way it drives men into marriage. Begetting is expected of us, and in those days of heavy men in helmets the seed was certain, and wanted only the wind for a womb, or any slit; yet what sprang up out of those foxholes we fucked with our fists but our own frightened selves?

His writing style is corny and without substance. Cartesian Sonata was trash, and The Tunnel was OK, but not better than a large assortment of author's whose names for whatever reason never get the light of day.

such as who?

Go to your local library and grab a random book off the shelf.

pic related

>Wants to write triology
>Now """"writing"""" the seventh book

He is a good storyteller but as an author he who delivers consistency and depth he completely failed.

how many cheeseburger do you think are in that belly?

they are equally fucked

i just wanna stroke that tummy

I'd post the better one but he doesn't do pictures.

go away garrolous gassposter

Face it, he was too smart to be one of the greats. Too manufactured and
Stilted

Anywhere, really. You could read his nonfiction, which is equally as good as his fiction; you could read some of his short stories, which are some of the finest ever written; or you could read the rest of his novels, which, in their own ways, are just as good as The Tunnel. Regardless of where you go, though, you'll have a good time.
Probably, but whether or not that is a good thing remains to be seen.
I can post it tomorrow.
Well, I feel sorry for you, then.
Nothing you just said is true, and only indicates that you have either never actually read anything by him or failed to understand what you did. Calling him devoid of content is like calling Joyce devoid of content--in other words, it's not true.
I am now convinced that you have never read him.
Many.
As do I.
Not at all: if anything, he is just too smart to catch on.

>that question mark
Fuuuuuck

autism

rude

Fucking right, yeah?

can someone make a flowchat for 19 year olds that just has this and IJ

>equating Gass to Wallace
oh shit nigger what are you doing

They both sought to produce something real in an era of postmodern quackery. Gass, in simply ignoring postmodernism, was arguably more successful. DFW tried to fight fire with fire and in the end it burned him.

I don't get this

this is better