Should i go for these translations?

Should i go for these translations?
Especially the Fear and trembling one(Alastair Hannay) ,i heard hong is the best but it's hard to get hold of one here.And it also costs a fortune (at least for a student) here.

Help a nigga out.

Other urls found in this thread:

bookdepository.com/Submission-Michel-Houellebecq/9781784702052
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>$230 for a paperback
wow just get dover thrift editions

what the fuck. why would you want to do this? the authors of these books aren't even alive. just pirate them.

it's actually 230 rupees(~3.5 USD)

>rupees

I sense a b8.But still will take it.

Actually I don't own a kindle or a big screen phone.Hard to read ebooks on the one i got.

Yes,curry dindu here.I will be getting all 3 for 10 USD .

I can't really say about this translation of Fear and trembling .We stuck with Hong.However the rest are quite decent .

Thanks user,i will ask arnd for the Hannay's translation here.

Thanks again.

get hannay, its good (more enjoyable to read than hong imo, while still being accurate - as is to be expected from him - also much cheaper thanks to penguin)
get the hackett prince by david wootton (great introduction, theres also a machiavelli reader for a similar price iirc by him)
get the modern american library marcus (with the red bird on the front, i forget the translator's name)
i compared all the texts these are easily the best for all of them in my opinion

Thanks a lot user.
I couldn't find the david wootton one here.
I am going for the rest you recommended.

hi guys

bookdepository.com/Submission-Michel-Houellebecq/9781784702052

why does this say its getting published in the future? does that mean if i order this version now i have to wait until september? why does it say SHIPPING IN FOUR DAYS

Fuck books in India are cheap. I saw the arthashastra for R500. Lekin qagaz accha nahi hai.

That's true, it's very cheap here but a lot of translations and books in general aren't available,that's where you are better off.

However i never had issues with the quality of the paper.Also you can actually get arthashsatra around 350 these days.

2spooky5me

The English version was published like 2 weeks after the french came out.

Considering exchange rates wouldnt it be better for Indians to pirate?

Tumne Narayana parha? Mujhe yeh pasand that. Mujhe maf do meri kharab Hindi ke liye kyonki mujhe sirf ek sa malum hai.

Nahi narayana nahi parha maine.Mujhe toh pata bhi nahi tha ki yeh kisi book ka title hai.

Aapki hindi waise bohot sahi hai.Aap kaha se ho?

>the authors of these books aren't even alive. just pirate them.

Are! Yeh kitaab ka Nam hitopadesha hai, narayana lekhak tha, bahut Purana kitaab hai. Mai UK se huung lekin mera parivar ka ek hossa Delhi se hai. Tum kaun Pradesh se ho?

Ek hissa*

Hum tripura se hai.
Bangali master race.

Accha, tujhe angrezi ,Hindi aur bangla ati hai. Tum hoshiyar admi ho!