Well Veeky Forums pleb here

Well Veeky Forums pleb here

What exactly is existentialism

Edgy teenage philosophy that says existence is meaningless. Bladdy bladdy blah. Only responding to this because I saw titties tbdesu

Wrong again, slut. Existentialism doesn't really have a definition but essentially it's that meaning is derived from the conclusions of one's apprehension of existence ie: painting the picture you want to see and not blindly clinging to some other faggots interpretation.

why do women ruin themselves with hideous tattoos

Umbrella term for a philosophical thought that focuses on the self, rather than a collected.

That's absurdism, you noid.

It's the belief that we all built ourselves as we go, without designated morality or anything. Read "Existentialism is a humanism" by Sartre.

>implying one meaning is better than another
>existentialists calling anyone a slut

build* Nice tittie picture, OP, I had a semi for about 4 seconds before I was reminded that I'll be alone for the rest of this miserable life.

OP here

So basically, existentialism is the philosophy of finding your own way, making your own meaning in life?

Where does Christian existentialism fit in this then, how does one exactly create their own meaning in the face of a greater essence.

You're welcome

OP cant reply because he was banned for posting tits on a blue board. See ya in 3 days, cunt.

No friendo I'm right here.

>So basically, existentialism is the philosophy of finding your own way, making your own meaning in life?
Not quite.

Explain, this is where I'm getting stumped on the matter.

Read that book, Existentialism is a humanism, it explains all of that. Stop being a lazy cunt. It's really short.

Why didn't you google this instead of asking Veeky Forums? You'd get the answer much faster that way.

I have, I felt like I kept getting different viewpoints and answers.

Veeky Forums was a last ditch effort, also the human responses seem a bit more personal towards to my questions.

I'll check it

The closest answer isAnd to answer the religious question: by finding meaning in the religious text and applying it to your life; not a history book in other words.

Wrong. Existentialism is the realization that man defines itself, and through him, he defines the entire human race.

>Where does Christian existentialism fit in this then, how does one exactly create their own meaning in the face of a greater essence.
See, existentialists generally view the world as absurd, but humans capable of making rational choices and valuable meanings despite the inherent meaningless and random nature of the universe.
The Christian idea of that is that humans are still making a choice between good and evil despite the incoherence of god and the probably of everything being sin if there is a coherent god, and instead of relying on rationality alone, they admit there's just a leap of faith any of the good actions or intentions mean anything at all.

The main question of existentialism is how does one create a meaning from a finite exposure to existence, when the potential for a larger existence in which we're wholly unimportant is so great we might as well call the whole thing off, only we like meanings so much. It doesn't really pose an opposition to a god at that point, but atheist existentialists usually replace god with his other name, absurd, and use 'rationality' instead of 'faith' or 'authenticity' to indicate their fedora.

>humanism
lol

>the absurdists are trying to make it a zebraism again
i hope customs don't fuck with your shit this time

Thank you!

So, in a nutshell. We can say that existentialism is finding meaning based on a humans own reasoning, in a unreasonable, or absurd universe?

Would it be correct to make that statement?

>the absurdists think humans try to find meaning in absurdity and this is a negative, and then go onto trying to find meaning for themselves and humanity through 'humanism'

That does not strive with what i quoted.

Existentialism is a school of thought, jesus fuck man