Cop or not?

Cop or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

uniqlo.com/us/product/men-extra-fine-merino-crew-neck-sweater-126133.html#08~/men/sweaters/extra-fine-merino/crew-neck/~
youtube.com/watch?v=ihSTGqCO52Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would buy if it was cheaper.

Definitely buy, but I can get you a sweet deal on it OP, not one penny more than £120

Intellectual authenticity isn't cheap!

>not even a turtleneck
garbage

Good lord let me in on this secret!

jesus christ this is actually real.

school of life is a blight on the planet that needs to be purged.

>there are people posting on Veeky Forums that aren't currently wearing this jumper

Absolutely disgusting pseudo-intellectuals.

yeah,it requires time.

I had a gf that said she liked School of Life and I said it was dumbed down garbage
never actually watched it though, was I right?

I'd be almost willing to write this off as satire if it wasn't for the actual effort and articulation spent in that fucking site

The Youtube videos are all right I guess, it serves as an entry point I think.

I did make this post to mock the general business model, tote bags labeled "Emotional baggage" and "Existentialist" key chains.

I don't know about the books, but something about it screams snake oil

>125 of the Queen's Royal Monnies

Does it come with Alain de Bottom's cumstain autograph?

Well honestly I don't care much about the videos, I can't even spare the time to watch the ones a mate of mine makes (and he's an actual philosophy scholar), so I won't say anything about them - I just loathe this kind of reification of "irony" (I guess?), putting a similar price tag on a thing you can use/wear to show the world (ar a select few who'll "get" the reference) you too understand those concepts and can use premade paraphernalia to express your ironic detachment from them, lulz.

Shit makes me somewhat angry.

there's this one cunny with the dionysian/apollinian stuff that's p cute

she was talking about the videos and I went into this little rant about how there's no point making information 'accessible' because then you don't get the full picture
when I broke up with her she called me elitist lmao

No, but you're guaranteed to get it "all in the bottom"

For sure. I always saw encasing one self in irony as assuming a "neutral" position, and so modify your position as you see fit.

Yeah. There's nothing wrong about irony, per se, it's just that using it like some kind of ontological basis of your life is just like being one of those edgy "lol nihilism fuck any meaning" fucks, only in a more socially acceptable way.

You got it philosophamalam, more details incoming just as soon as I track them down for 17 bucks.

Nope, it's a shirt.

For 35 buckaroos you can buy a giant scented candle that smells like Plato's Republic.

sweat, oil, and boipucci?

I'm not even mad, this is funny

is swedgin a stirnerist?

This is what I mean when I talk about solipsism. I was watching these videos a day or so ago and decided they're rubbish. Now there is a thread about them all confirming my...

I mean I...

Listen though, I was thinking about...forget it. No, just don't worry about it.

Buy Women and Men instead

Is Women and Men an epic new maymay?

stealing it is

Except threads such as this are often posted on Veeky Forums. It's a type of confirmation bias, I forgot the exact name of it, but it's when you learn a new thing and then you notice it everywhere.

Oh, I mean, yes you are the only mind that exists and everything is a figment of your imagination because life is a lesson and a test. Hang in there, real one!

Baader-meinhoff? It's not the same thing man...

it looks fucking good

The fuck is wrong with some people? I wear a t-shirt and shorts year round because it's always hot as fuck in my state.

>he's from the land of burger

>not wanting to be cozy

>£125

>there are people who actually buy the philosopher's jumper

>£125

>£125

how exactly is it philosophers

+2 wisdom?

Real Veeky Forums lads will be sporting a new fred perry due.

>was I right?
Yes.
The videos arent completely terrible.
But if anyone thinks a 10 minute video could give all the ideas of a philosopher justice they probably have no idea what they are talking about.

For some reason I thought Veeky Forums were higher class than this. I don't understand why people are mentioning the price, it is fairly consistent with merino and microwool sweaters of the same caliber, it is not overpriced because of it being a niche philosopher thing. Do you guys seriously not own a single piece of merino or cashmere?

It's not even dumbed down, some of it is just plain wrong, like the aforementioned Apollo/Dionysus Nietzsche clip.

>The fuck is wrong with some people?
They live in places where it ain't so hot.

BEADY

do you cucks actually care about fashion? wew

Well some of us care about fashion because we can't be autistic like you.Fashion can be a gateway to higher self confidence, better social skills, and finding ones true self. Its also about self improvement and aestheticism(Even ugly people can be aesthetic).

It really isn't "consistent with merino sweaters of the same caliber". For example, this is only $39.90:

uniqlo.com/us/product/men-extra-fine-merino-crew-neck-sweater-126133.html#08~/men/sweaters/extra-fine-merino/crew-neck/~

The Bella Freud version doesn't merit paying 4.5 more.

Bullshit. You're just another autistic consumer who fell for capitalist marketing schemas.

Listen here, you cheeky pseudo intellectual cunt, I appreciate good looking things. I don't spend more than 20 dollars on most clothes(except shoes) so I don't really think I'm supporting some big "capitalist marketing scheme" So keep believing you're superior to someone who enjoys beauty and art in clothing. You're really doing good for yourself by not exercising and improving your body as well as your mind and your taste for aesthetics.

no, you are just a tool who fell for the trend

Nobody said anything about "beauty and art", you embarrassing dupe. You are a marketing department's dream come true.

>liking fashion and aesthetics is a trend
>arguing against something that advocates for self improvement
What. I mean I can understand that the fashion industry is mostly negative but fashion for the individual can be very positive, especially when coupled with exercise and physical self improvement.
>I care about the marketing department
>I don't just like nice looking things
Since when is liking nice looking things a negative thing? You're so jaded it hurts. I said "beauty and art", just to point out the obvious.

You were right. And not only is it dumbed down, it's also incredibly infested with their ideology. Some of their videos are just ungrounded ramblings that feel like the delusions of pathetic fucktard presented as 'philosophy' with the accompaniment of quirky fucking animations.

The biggest atrocity is this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=ihSTGqCO52Q

Where did that video claim to be philosophical? It's just talking about a social phenomenon, I don't see anything wrong with it (although I didn't watch the animation, just listened to it, I'm sure it looked shitty).

excuse me, this is a vegan board.

You sound like you gargle semen.

This made me throw up a little

>finding ones true self
But user
The self that can be found is not the true self

And personal aesthetics are idolatrous as fuck
>spending over 20 bucks on shoes

fucking Americans