So why the fuck did this pussy lie about the downsides of inherently beneficial herbs?

so why the fuck did this pussy lie about the downsides of inherently beneficial herbs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GqpjgZyWI98
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DUDE

clarification: i mean weed

he was infinite jesting

so he was joking about it all the time or what?

>infinite jest
>joking all the time

weed makes you a dummie and you dont realise it. happened to me.

well I am high right now buddy and I don't feel dumm.

Does smoking weed twice and having friends and living with people who've done it in the past make me eligible to write about it?

From a passionate point: no. If you want to write authentic, do it by reporting past experiences.
From a rational point, yes, since you are writing fiction.

He was jesting infinitely.

could we please discuss the matter instead of making up shit memes?

weed is a shit meme

that's because you are too dumb to realize how dumb you are.. seriously weed is more detrimental than the DUDE WEED generation thinks it is.

I'm sorry but actual memetics were pretty much dismissed by academic circles not throbbingly sucking on Richard "Dick" D.'s dick.
So weed, as a cultural habit, has no means of being judged objectively.

even if done rarely in a recreational manner? like described in infinite jest.

>be me
>just reached drinking age
>was a miserable teen
>started drinking
>people described me as a "borderline alcoholic"
>started danking it
>got off the booze (yeah)
>got off cigarettes (woo)
>have to smoke weed every day now or else I break out in sweats and become a fidgety anxious mess
>yesterday I had a fairly big anxiety attack while high: I remembered one time I really hit my head as a child, was jumping off one couch to another, head clipped a hard piece of wood, huge bump on my head full of fluid
>start thinking it'll cause some brain hemorrhage or some shit and I'll die in my mid 20s
>feel the abnormalities in my skull because my scalp started to feel taut and i started freaking out over the mere fact that my hair was merely a long soft spike that had driven its way out of my scalp and was now one with it

it was fucked and delusional and I dont even know at this point

I don't even get really high at this point either... it's a fleeting 30 minutes or so of my mind feeling like glass

I think I need therapy or anxiety medication or something

>therapy or anxiety medication
You need both. Get help, things will escalate if you let them unattended. Good luck.

>I think I need therapy or anxiety medication or something
Curing the effects of dangerous drugs by taking more and more dangerous drugs? Yeah, that will surely end well!

(Mark 9:29, "This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting".)

See what happens. 100% of the people I know who smoke daily are totally stagnated losers. Their minds are perpetually complacent, and they never cultivate themselves. Fuck, I was doing more with my life during my stint with heroin than daily bongheads amount to.

Use it at most once or twice a week.

Weed 'withdrawal' is a week of mild anhedonia and insomnia, reduced appettite and night sweats. It's no worse than a very mild cold.

yea one of my roommates in college was a chill guy until he started smoking a ton of weed

he would hole up in his room for hours on end, smoking and eating pizza pops and watching netflix. he also got really moody and lost some of the ability to regulate (ie act normal)

Dis

>more and more dangerous drugs
>unironic denialism of modern evidence-based medicine complete with bible quote
m8

[citation needed]

tobacco withdrawal has even less physiological symptoms, so?

youtube.com/watch?v=GqpjgZyWI98

No. Tobacco withdrawal has physiological symptoms whereas cannabis withdrawal does not. They are also more common.

I smoke one joint every night with a few beers. The missus and I will either read or watch TV/movies. I hold a decent job and get everything done that needs to get done. It's really just a use or abuse issue. If you use weed, then you're ok, but if you abuse weed it'll fuck you up.

Every night IS abuse, user.

>people so fucking weak need to rely on shit like weed/alcohol/ antidepressants to function
Lmao. This is how you spot the losers
>but but I need my weed man I feel bad muh feelings :( *smokes weed* I'm not addicted tho ! Look at this research
Kek

>a week

Actually, it varies.

>not knowing about the benefits of fasting

wew lad

My dad's done that for 45 years. He hasn't had a new thought since 17, he tells the same stories all the time, his REM sleep is permanently fucked up and he sleeps 4 hours a night at most. He's depressed and chronically pissed off and exhausted. He got COPD from it too, so now he uses edibles.

Using drugs daily is almost always abusive. At any rate, you are annihilating your sleep architecture each and every night, and in the long run, that will profoundly fuck you up.

>i don't abuse it, i just use it every single day of my life

rejection is not just a body of water in eurasia friend

>It's just recreational
>I can quit anytime I swear

the only weed smoking that comes to mind is erdery (which wasn't recreational) and some of the academy kids... i dont think recreational use is the worst thing in the world, but the stigma surrounding it (it cures cancer BRO its actually good for you! Some weed errdayy~!!) makes it kinda dangerous in my opinion. I think there really are some negative effects

Based on my experience as a regular smoker and knowing other stoners, I've come to the conclusion that you're only as good on weed as you are sober. How often you get high, how high you get, and what you do while high reveal much more about your personality and you as a human being than what you perceive as the negative consequences of a drug. If someone smokes pot everyday and watches Netflix and binge eats, weed didn't make them that way--at their core, they're shitty, lazy, unmotivated people with no desire to work on themselves ().

I smoke about 3 times a week. For me weed has actually been something that motivates me to get out of bed rather than stay in. If I'm having a particularly dysthymic day, I'll take a few hits and go exercise, write something, take a walk, meditate and reflect, brainstorm new ideas.

But, that being said, I do think the DUDE WEED generation () way downplays the negative side effects of smoking too much. You'll fuck up your memory and sleep, you can't read, you become apathetic and disconnected from reality.

Moderation, I think, is key. Keep your time spent high in the minority, get your shit done and don't make smoking a priority, get your REM sleep, and always remember to consolidate your high experiences with waking and lucid experience.

Even my dealer has a day job and an active social life. I don't know what kind of stoners you people hang around.

John Episode 4, Chapter 9: and then the lord sayeth, john, your name is peter now, go fish for some men"

If it's good enough for Ruggles it's good enough for me.

Because it isn't inherently beneficial and he didn't lie.

Fucking Drug Addicts

I still cannot contrast suicide with validity.

HOW CAN I NAVIGATE THESE WASTES AND STILL FEEL ANYONE IS VALID IF THEIR POINTS ARE COLORIZED BY THEIR HUMANITY.

desudesudesudesudesu

HE WAS NOT LYING IT WAS HIS SUBJECTIVE EXPERIENCE OF AN OBJECTIVE REALITY THAT DOES NOT EXIST IN OBJECTIVITY TO ANY HUMAN PLEASE NONONONONONONONO

your dad sounds like a loser

A lot of people who simply blame drugs fall into the trap of confounding the effects of drugs with the effects of the [insert problem here] that induces the drug abuse in the first place.

>If someone smokes pot everyday and watches Netflix and binge eats, weed didn't make them that way--at their core, they're shitty, lazy, unmotivated people with no desire to work on themselves
That's like saying at my core I'm a person that slams his head into pavements and pisses all over himself, I'm just hiding it when I'm not drunk.

>inherently beneficial herbs

Weed kills brain cells. If science hasn't yet confirmed this, that's the scientific community's failure. There's a reason it's illegal in civilized nations. They're trying to protect the idiots from developing nasty addictions and becoming even idioter.

DUDE

Not even that you're as good sober as you are stoned, some people's brains just work differently, not better or worse, weed fucks with certain people more than they realize.

Some people just have personalities that aren't wired to relax when they smoke weed, and it's not that it makes them irritable or "shut off" or whatever. They try to experiment on themselves with it, seeing how much they can handle, how long they can go without it, exploring the different kinds of weed there are connoisseurishly, evaluating their eyes all the time, seeing how well they can hide it, etc, the more obscure the paradigm the better.

that is not a healthy relationship but that kind of experimenter tinkering mentality would be great at sports or something or organizational careers.

This is actually one of my big and nonsense justifications for my smoking habits.

Granted, everyone should keep in mind that weed was significantly less potent in Pynchon's day. There are so many anecdotes of middle-aged guys who in their youth could smoke a joint and function normally getting stoned off their ass from one hit of Kush.

>weed kills brain cells
>if science hasn't confirmed this, that's the scientific community's failure

>believing in a completely unsubstantiated claim because it suits my myopic, dogmatic opinions
>believing it with certainty because of blind faith in unobserved evidence

You sound like a Mormon, M80

Not necessarily. I agree that it's a wobbly example. What I'm trying to get at is that being high is, more than alcohol, mind over matter. Though it's nice to vegetate every now and then, it's possible to direct yourself toward productivity and activity when high.

But as rightly said, drugs affect everyone differently. I'm biased because I find it very easy to be productive while high and to smoke in moderation. Because some individuals don't have the capacity to smoke pot and then do much else than watch TV, sleep, jerk off, whatever, doesn't mean all individuals are affected in such a way. If said individuals keep smoking, that's their fully conscious decision to be unactualized couch potatoes.

Also, broadly, I'm surprised at how pompous and moralistic many of those posting in this thread are. Writers are the most notorious substance abusers by far, and, if any of you actually read, you're consuming creative works that were only possible *as such* because, as Christopher Hitchens so eloquently put it, that second drink or that extra cigarette. Plus, I highly doubt anyone here has a thoughtful and carefully evaluated philosophical position by which to categorically condemn as morally wrong anyone who touches weed. If you do, I'd gladly hear it.

Protestant arguments don't count

It's backlash against vocal weed advocates being the most obnoxious cunts around for the last couple of decades. Kind of like with the whole fedora atheist meme.

If you were to praise heroin or whisky Veeky Forums probably wouldn't mind. It's specifically weed that's annoying, and I think it's for the most part more of an aesthetic rather than an ethical argument. Everything about weed culture is just ugly horrible annoying pleb shit.

Pic related.