Gender/Queer criticism

Can someone explain to me how the Gender/Queer criticism lens works and what it does? How is it any different then the feminist approach? Does it only focus on gender and sexuality?

Other urls found in this thread:

facebook.us/refinery29/videos/10154096117412922
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sounds like nonsense.

Both arenas cover very different issues and have different concentrations in which inter-related topics are placed. You'll have to be more specific.

Peoples identities are nonsense?

>Peoples identities are nonsense?
gender identities*
Explain how they aren't.

Veeky Forums is full of reactionary self-important straight men, don't mind him.

What are you?

>Veeky Forums is full of reactionary self-important straight men
Nigga there's entire boards on this site for posting hairy men with big dicks what are you talking about

>how to
if you've been drunk enough to not care what you've pulled just channel that
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LemG0cvc4oU

Can someone translate this post into english?

I think it's Middle Budweiser

>translations

No it's dealing with how gender identity and normality affects the story and characters.

I am gay, but all this gender shit is made up by narcissists. Luckily you were born in such a time period where people will put up with this bullshit, and not back in the past where you would of been considered a useless sack of shit and promptly killed.

Sexual orientation I understand, but the concept of a non-binary gender is honestly baffling to me. Maybe you feel you were born the wrong one, but what the fuck does it even mean to feel like you fit in the "other" category?

I think it means that if you accidentally get drunk and then start making out with a dude, you should just allow yourself to be a conduit for that. Not him, btw.

Women are pussies, men are assholes, and then some people are both pussies and assholes. These people are Judith Butler.

Voila!

underrated kek

Not original, funny, or a worthwhile answer

OK sorry.

I thought it was funny, user.

OK sorry.

Basically, it's the application of critical theory (ie Jewish mind tricks) to gender and sexuality. It's part of a cultural Marxist plot to genocide the white race by corrupting Jungvolk minds with degeneracy. Remember to avoid mass media products, high estrogen processed foods, practice vigorous outdoor activity and healthy male bonding and you'll be alright.

kek'd

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr2bSL5VQgM

An acquaintance of mine identifies as a wolf. Himmler identified as the descendant of Atlanteans.

If you are asking whether people can hold bizarre and often self-aggrandizing views, the answer is yes. They can. And we do not necessarily have to view each self-concept as equally plausible

Read Joan Wallach Scott and a summary of Judith "Gerard" Butler's Gender Trouble

Scott is actually fucking readable

The gist is that rather than essentializing and assuming differences between genders right at the beginning of our analysis by saying "women's history," we say gender history, because gender is (supposedly) imposed culturally, ideologically, and so forth. Gender is "performative," it is a role, a social or cultural mask. Its norms are perpetuated by their absorption and continuous acting-out by people.

In actual practice, it's millions of anthologies of co-written articles (because women ARE inherently communal and can't do anything on their own initiative), all shitty (because women are inherently lazy), all whiny (because women are bitches) and nagging (because women are children who want daddy to fix the cause of their whining), and all derivative of whichever male "scholar" is currently trendy in left-wing circles, and probably in the process of covering up his frequent sexual abuse of interns, made possible by his cult of charisma (because women are inherently slaves seeking a male master).

>An acquaintance of mine identifies as a wolf.

>An acquaintance of mine identifies as a wolf.

>meets courage wolf
>doesn't fuck him in the ass
what kind of philosopher are you?

>stale reddit memes

>misses all the /b/ and greek memes
k

>Tips fedora
>Tugs at wife beater
>Anonymously sends a rape threat
>Keeps a list of women who are still obligated to have sex with him.

Nigga nah

>if you've been drunk enough to not care what [piece of ass] you've pulled[,] just channel that [to understand Gender/Queer criticism]

Lola is a song about screwing a virgin losing his virginity to a transvestite.

meant for

Defining yourself by sexuality is really shallow.

Yes.

>Peoples identities are nonsense?
yes, unless your talking about credit card fraud or some shit

It's a product of the times. It's a postmodern view of gender that seeks to assassinate one of the main pillars of identity. Isn't intrinsically a bad thing, unless you think you are a wolf or some gay shit like that.

it's fine if you can perform a wolf well.

Here's one example where they demolish the gender binary
facebook.us/refinery29/videos/10154096117412922

how exactly identifying yourself as a wolf, warship or battle helicopter is inherently bad? i mean how do you know where you can draw the border of what is acceptable and what is not

Basically, it's like the literary criticism version of beer goggles, in that no matter how retarded the ideas themselves are, they're going to seem like they're worth pushing to those intoxicated on "social justice".

social justice is a different thing. you're confusing the feminists with the people saying some women born with vaginas don't pass.

It's "bad" in that anyone who actually commits to acting like these things is essentially a mental invalid, and anyone who just identifies as them for the sake of identifying as them isn't much better.

Essentially, the inmates have long since taken over the asylum.

Nah, social justice is all of this shit. Third Wave feminism, Queer studies, Fat studies, completelymadeupwordthatI'mgoingtopretendismyculture studies, etc.

It's a very broad umbrella.

No, it's not, it's one of the ones that pisses the sjws off like trannies that want to be lesbians trapped in male bodies troll them or transregret does. It has the bonus points of telling women there are rape me clothes are they need to pretty up if they don't want to be called Bruce.

>are they need to pretty up
_and_ they need to

In a way it resembles the concept of reality held by many primitive tribes. Ie people can become animals or supernatural entities through masks. There is often a third or even fourth gender. Reality/hallucination and the spirit world are one. Thanks to the Internet/ psychoactive drugs and social disintegration we'll end living in some sort of hyperreal aboriginal dreamtime

you still didn't answer me how exactly you draw the border

It almost is, but it's a sterilized, disneyfied version. All the delusion without any of the authentic hallucinatory madness which fueled that sort of animistic spirituality. Essentially just a form of codified self-righteousness.

Though if enough drugs are involved it might start to resemble the real thing.

Honestly if i had the chance to have an affair with a qt pie boy i'd go for it

But i fundamentally like women.

There's nothing wrong with experimentation, i'd be very fucking picky with the boy though

There is nothing wrong with that, desu. Just because you disagree with genderfluidity doesn't mean you disagree with gayness fammo.

what the fuck is this shit.

>the gender binary is wrong because dichotomies are inherently bad :^)
>dichotomies are bad because life is more complicated than binary :^)

I'm not even all that opposed to discarding useless ( keyword: useless ) dichotomies in favor of more numerous nuanced positions, but Jesus fuggin Christ. They just talked in circles for four and half minutes without saying anything.

This post filled me with Völkisch energy. Thank you.

Thanks Alex Jones