Pitch a YA Series

Alright kid, market's tough. Real tough. But I think ya got it in ya to make it out here. Been reading that kids seem to dig on those series things, ya know, the ones with lots of books. Sounds like money to me!
Now it's your turn kid, pitch me a series.
Somethin' like one of those Hairy Pothead books, or that Perfect Jackson kiddo! Maybe one of them Hungarian Games!
Whatcha got kid? C'mon, I got a printing machine waiting for the next big hit, pitch it!

A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Hold on a sec kid.
Hello, yes, security?
Yeah, he's back.

I don't need this on Veeky Forums too, dammit.

imagine how silky her hair feels

Ok, so there's this 12 year old boy, and he's all depressed because he actually wants to be a strong independent black woman but he's white and has a Y chromosome and balls and a dick. Then he meets a voluntarily lobotomized, quadriplegic, genderfluid, tricyclesexual who shows him the wonders of Tumblr from zis rainbow-colored wheelchair (with attached catheter and colostomy bag). Eventually the transgirl starts hormone (and melanin) replacement therapy and everything's great until she's shot by a Donald Trump voter during an LGBTQIABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ+-=/= pride parade. It's all very sad, and the young transgirl ends up in a coma. And but so, after three months and giving her gender reassignment surgery while she's still in a coma, they decide to pull the plug, roll credits.

IT'S MY WEIRD ANIME FETISH EXCEPT I PRETEND IT'S A BOOK SERIES FOR CHILDREN

Humanity has been isolated to living in Antarctica in mobile dome cities for the past 1000 years do to a massive nuclear war that fucked up all the earth and the survivors decided that we needed to be isolated for the sake of the planet healing.

While not exactly a dystopia, one city plots a break away for various reasons. A desire for economic independence, religious freedom, political freedom, and a chance to see the world outside the frozen wasteland.

What follows is a massive venture into the ancient frontier of the cities ancestors while being pursued by their government who aren't out to kill them, but simply want their production and manpower back under their control because them trying to break away has basically screwed up their economic plan for the next 20 years and will likely lead to other attempts to break free by other city-states because they don't want to deal with the pressure of having to make up the difference.

The protagonists are basically fucking over a lot of people with their choice, and not all of them are motivated by pure intentions, while the antagonists simply want to maintain the status quo because it ensures the greatest good for the greatest number, even at the cost of some freedom

>And but so
my sides

should have closed it with a
>so it goes
though

A YA novel about an unpopular 13 year old white trash Texas kid (obese mother who watches infomercials all day, brother a /pol/ weeb/skinhead hybrid) who gets admitted into a so-called 'Wizard School' that does not have any Wizards and is barely even a school. Campus is an abandoned mental hospital, full of eccentric 'teachers' and supernatural entities. He makes new Friends, though. ( one's trans and the other is an Chinese kid named Huey , who speaks broken English because diversity is important). Together they go on absurdist adventures.

mon frère

oh whatta fuck your so weird Veeky Forums xD

Know-Brow YA...

Romance...

Science...

Music...

A white boy falls in love with a white girl in an all white school in an all white town. They get married in an all white ceremony with bland as fuck white food, boring white music, and they have vanilla white sex.

That's not YA, that's Literary Fiction.

>giving her gender reassignment surgery while she's still in a coma
doing the god's work!

lmao u aight

This is true.

make it have white chapters and black chapters

white chapters - a white girl marries a white boy blah blah blah everythign is so bright and cuddly

black chapters - outside of the enclosed white paradise blacks suffer from hunger, illnesses, also from being raped by white policemen (some of whom you meet as pretty nice guys and girls in the white chapters)

Joseph Green, a normal 17-year-old high school student living in the suburbs, has not gotten along with his younger sister Hannie in years. For longer than he can remember, Joseph has ignored his comings and goings and looked at him with spurning eyes. It seemed as if the relationship between Joseph and his sister, now fourteen, would continue this way forever. One day however, Joseph finds a DVD case of a magical girl anime which had fallen in his house's entrance way. To Joseph's surprise, he finds a hidden eroge inside the case and he soon learns that both the DVD and the game belong to Hannie. That night, Hannie brings Joseph to her room and reveals herself to be an otaku with an extensive collection of moe anime and younger sister-themed eroge she has been collecting in secret. Joseph quickly becomes Hannie's confidant for her secret hobby. The series then follows Joseph's efforts to help his sister to reconcile her personal life with her secret hobbies, while restoring their broken relationship and coming to terms with their true feelings for each other.

At the very end Joseph breaks up with his girlfriend so he can marry his sister, only to have a divorce a week later.

Oh god it is spreading

It should end with a black man marrying a white girl.

Sounds like you're going to blow the lid off this whole racism thing.

High School loser's cool brother kills himself, and leaves a suicide note/memoir instructing his brother and his girlfriend to go to some abandoned house/the woods where he has hidden a bunch of drugs. The note/autobiography makes up about half the book and contains the feelsy story of his life, what led to the suicide, and a weird drug fueled scavenger hunt for his brother and girlfriend to follow, as well as a moby dick-like descriptions of the drugs and shit. Ultimately the brother and the girlfriend get together or someshit, and """find themselves""""" with the drugs and the brother becomes a real cool guy in school. Or maybe one kills the other and the whole thing is really dark, it could go either way, but the Green way to do it would be the former.

>water, trust funds, and oppression
in other words, proper sanitary practices, high-quality ingredients, and a cornucopia of influences from all the world's colonized nations

How about a pretty standard ya romance, set in old sot-weed-factor-y times

Alright, there's this kid, brown hair, kinda short, and a little socially inept. He's also a writer, and, coincidentally, he also speaks in the same way that I write. His name will be something like Harry or Darren. Not very sure on the last name yet, but I'm thinking I'll go with something with a lot of syllables. Anyway, one of his siblings died recently, not sure which, but I think it'll add some drama & provide a good enough explanation of his social ineptitude, so it's like, two birds with one stone, ya know? He likes a girl at his highschool, her name will be either Charlene or Sarah, not sure. Her hair is red and she talks pretty much like the main character, but she blushes a lot so it works out. At some point, he somehow comes across this pen that allows him to write the future. Don't know how, but it'll probably be through inheritance. The problem is, everytime he writes with this pen, one of his stories is destroyed and forgotten forever. He also can't use it for personal gain. He uses it a few times just to fuck with a few of the kids at his school, one of them being a bully kid, I think it'll add some comic relief. Eventually he gets involved in a government conspiracy and has to stop it with his pen. So he does that, and I'm thinking at the end he'll get the girl. You know, now that I think of it, maybe he could have cancer instead of a dead sibling. I think that would be cool. I heard about a book that did that, I think it was The Faulty Stars or something? Anyway, what do ya think, doc?

A computer hacker hacks his bank account with the power of computer hacking to have so much money that thousand upon thousands of pages are filled with nothing but trailing zeroes

Put some meme title on the front and 7 year olds will eat it up

Socially awkward high school girl fall in love with a guy. It turns out the guy IS AN ACTUAL LABYRINTH.

I think Artemis Fowl has that trademarked

D e v I l I sh

Catholic middle schoolgirls in an isolated area where demonic rituals are occurring. Divided between slice of life with elements of philosophy and horror/mystery segments.

Part of me suspects this thread was made just for this joke, but it's a pretty good joke

how about dis boss, I got a hot one
>hero is a sailor
>gets thrown overboard by the villain one night
>maybe the villain was up to some bad shit on deck and the hero saw
>ship sails off
>no hope for the hero
>no driftwood, cold, dark, will die soon
>just as he slips under he holds up his hand in last desperate motion
>hand grabs it
>but the hand takes it like you might lift the lid off of a box, so the owner's jagged nails dig into meat of your fingers
>hero has been saved by Ghost Pirate Captain Boats McScrote, who comes to drowning men in his jolly boat and saves them
>but now they owe him his life, and they have the choice to join his ghostly pirate crew or feel free to drown yourself
>because of the way he pulls them out of the water, all the crew have jagged scars on their hands, marking them as one of his
>hero goes on angsty revenge quest
>perfect set up for at least 7 books

It's a great story boss, a real nookie

Socially awkward high school girl fall in love with a mirror. It turns out the mirror IS AN ACTUAL LABYRINTH.

FTFY

would buy for my 11 year old/10

immediate contender to every literary prize in the surface of america desu

But the tears of the conquered make it taste all delicious

11 volume space opera.
Kid from 22nd century Oklahoma grows up to be space fighter pilot, drop shop pilot, becomes war hero, becomes exile and has to scavenge for metal in deep space when he's captured by the most infamous of space pirates, only to capture the heart of the head pirates daughter before having to fight an army of aliens. Has jetpacks, mecha, magic, robots, airships, etc...
Published first volume yesterday

>should have closed it with a so it goes
Top kek

Trips were not wasted

I'm pretty sure I would just read this as an adult.

link

Give temp email

[email protected]

wasn't this a spongebob episode

I'm actually going to write this

Kids live in weird monastery, they have no concept of parents and are supervised by groups of "doctors". They never go into each other's rooms because this is seen as "spacing" and a horribly "violent" act, they joke, on the I.M chat on the monastery's intranet that, like, Jan and Piel are so crazy close they are like gonna "space" each other. The kid's are told they have a very low chance of being able to reproduce due to a virus that rendered most of the old, wicked world infertile except for a terrible group of people called the Nu who come out at night and have excellent hearing, the kids are safe from these people in their monastery. They are on strict hormone and psychoanalytical therapy regimes to increase their chances of being able to conceive which is of the up-most importance if they are to turn the tide against the new. If they fail to purify themselves they are told their babies will be born Nu, and have to be disposed of. Nu babies, they are told, can be identified by their exquisite hearing, so sharp that on coming into this world they begin to cry at the unbearable volumes. The book opens with the main character witnessing a horrible piece of Nu propaganda that has been scrawled on the compound's playground by a mysterious interloper who has, while she slept, been caught by the compound's security force and disposed off. The piece of Nu triumphalism reads gloatingly: All Babies Cry.

gay vampire but kristen stewart turns him and his werewolf lover straight and they had a threesome.