I'm a sexist tbqh

I'm a sexist tbqh

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/18/you-might-not-think-youre-a-sexist-until-you-take-a-look-at-your-bookshelf?CMP=share_btn_fb
lukeford.net/blog/?p=93156
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This

Why did she honestly think this article was worth writing?

Well lets see I have Jane Austin, Charlotte Bronte, Simone de Beauvoir, Luce Irigaray, Judith Butler (minus points for Lesbian), Arundhati Roy (bonus points for non-white), hope to read Virgina Woolf in the future

Write better, woman, if you want to be on my bookshelf.
Why women always play dirty?

When I read contemporary poetry it's pretty much 60% female. But other than that it's got to be like 80% men, I'm sort of working on it though I guess.

>Butler gets docked points for "Lesbian"
>no comment on Beauvoir's Lesbian Paedophilia

My favorite part of this 3rd or 4th wave feminism is that they spend 99% of their effort and time calling each other sexists.

All safe white-male picks. Keep reveling in your soft sexism, senpai.

>Part of the problem is that while art or books that white men put out is portrayed as universally appealing, culture produced by women or people of color is seen as specific to their gender or racial identity.

Maybe they should write about something else besides their gender or racial identity

>Twitter
>Twitter
>Twitter

My god, how inane.

have a look at the list of articles she has written
in her mind, practically everything in existence is some perceived slight against women
her next article is probably going be something like, those little packets of sugar you get in coffee shops are symbolic of the patriarchy

click counter

i mean i won't click it and the writer is probably a retard that drinks the kool aid but their handlers and overseers know why they hire them.

also that's probably mild by academy standards.

There are 3-4x more submissions of book manuscripts to publishers and agents by men than by women. This figure was doubtless even greater in the past.

I feel like that's all that really needs to be said on the matter of why we read more men than women, but apparently not.

Shannon Hale is outraged that only girls came to her AMA at some middleschool
>I don't only talk about girl stuff

She's the author of The Princess Academy series

Beauvoir wasn't a proper Lesbian though, she was just an evil cunt

First post best post.

That white men have produced better quality work and are better in general at pretty much everything compared to all other groups. That's why they could conquer and colonize the entire planet, subjugate women for millennia and maintain world dominance throughout history. No shit they write better books too.

I don't read women because I relate more to men and how men think. I don't relate to women and how women think. I read Pride and Prejudice and thought it was boring. I finished the entire book, I forced myself through it because I wanted to read a book by a woman. It was good but boring.

I also own a few books by Mary Shelley and shes great.

>I don't read women because

dude if you haven't read Middlemarch just because it was written by a woman, you've missed out on one of the best books ever written in English

but then if you dismiss Pride and Prejudice as boring then you're probably better off with Tom Clancy or whatever

Liberal feminism is inane.

Tom Clancy is pretty bad, I like how you just assume things based on my statement that I thought Pride and Prejudice was boring, good one. I'll look into Middlemarch.

>Reading a book written by a woman, that's not about bunny rabbits or wizards

the best book about bunny rabbits was written by a man

Butler claims there's only performed lesbians and genders etc was the point I was getting at. Though I agree Beauvoir's an evil cunt, it does make me wonder if feminists really read her or are just trolling us.

Not really sure where this would go.

This user knows what he's talking about. Accept no inferior female substitute when it comes to rabbit based fiction.

homie i do not give a fuck

>but when your worldview is solely shaped by men, you are missing out.

on what?

whats the best edition of the second sex? if that is what you are referencing

do women believe the lies men tell them

The last two books I read were The Godfather and The Family Corleone, and I loved them both to bits.

Guess I'm a chauvinistic prick.

"i promise i won't cum in your mouth" usually only gets believed twice at most

I almost exclusively read books by
>dead
>white
>men

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE SAVEMEFROMTHEMADNESSOFBOLSHEVISTSOCIETY

I just took a look at all the books that I own. 100% male authors.

I'm not sexist i just want to read books i can relate to not some cheesy romance written by some stupid woman fuck women man they're all whores why wont they sex me

Literally all the greatest works were produced by men. I don't choose to consume men; I choose to consume the greatest works. These people are discounting the importance of books solely because of generic, imprecise and possibly irrelevant characteristics of the books' authors, rather than because of the content of the books themselves.

>theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/18/you-might-not-think-youre-a-sexist-until-you-take-a-look-at-your-bookshelf?CMP=share_btn_fb

this has been flamed so hard they disabled comments

I mostly read men because men have written most of the great books ever published.

I like and own books by quite a number of female authors though, including:

>Emily Dickinson
>Emily Bronte
>Anne Bronte
>Charlotte Bronte
>Jane Austen
>George Elliot
>Virginia Woolf
>Alice Munro
>Sylvia Plath
>Sappho

Okay I think that's it. For what it's worth Woolf and Munro make it into my top 5 favourite authors, alongside Chekhov, C.S Lewis and Tolstoy.

My book shelf is almost all male, but my record shelves are like 20% women. Am I sexist?

>For example, I was riding the subway recently when I noticed my seatmate scrolling through a Twitter feed that looked remarkably like mine. I was tickled to be sitting next to a like-minded person, but as I looked on I noticed there was one thing that seemed to be missing from his newsfeed: women.

how about you don't stare into other peoples phones creep?

this is my favorite novel
am i a sexist?

>I feel like that's all that really needs to be said on the matter

Ideas are not sexist, if you really wanna get deep and intimate, you ought to check out my anus to see if I'm really sexist or not.

I don't usually think I'm sexist, but then I read articles like this and realize I really do hate women.

All the women in my shelf are Nationalists and Chantel Mouffe

what benefit is it to me, a straight white male, to read more books by women? lol

also lmao @ the trans erasure in this article

guess you're a pleb kek

Not to mention the lack of asexual gender fluid otherkin. Absolutely triggering

jokes on them i don't have a bookshelf

The Second Sex is essential feminist literature

wow, funny and original

>trans
>""""people""""

Male readers need female writers like a bicycle needs a fish.
I'm so much happier without them.

stopped reading when I saw it was written by Jessica Valenti" to be honest

My bookshelf is a bunch of big beautiful dicks.

Just like the English canon.

literally the first sentence of this article is false. Just because you saw it on a picture doesn't mean it's true. I met John Waters like 3 or 4 years ago and he was doing a monologue on how he never said that.

all women writers write is clickbait man hate shite.
no way I'm spending money on that when I can get it for free on the internet

>mfw I heard a sjw (and a literal social crusader, not the /v/ manbabby "everyone who is a girl and isn't alt right is a sjw" sjw) today quote Nietzsche

i liked the left hand of darkness im progressive now

I thank virginia woolf for not making me sexist.

I tried to read virginia woolf to give women a shot but then the book was utter shit (albeit with some solid prose) and it reinforced whatever latent sexism was there

SJWs and Alt-Righters are the degenerate children of Nietzsche's übermensch via 60s counterculture

The übermensch is all about breaking out of a crashing moral structure and reinventing one by force of will. Which SJWism has done very well. Their moral structure is at its core completely incomprehensible to rational people.
The alt-right, however, is a big tent movement encompassing essentially every active objection to SJW ideas and methods. It is not defined by the believes-in-ZOG niche, and most of those people are just trolling anyway to poke fun at the reaction to these secular shibboleths of modern "leftism."

This. I read Dalloway and thought it was kind of indulgent, but I read Room of One's Own to give the author a second chance. Probably didn't make that choice smartly in retrospect.
The Dispossessed is one of my absolute favorites though, and is by a woman.

I'm openly and proudly a so-called sexist, same with "racism" and "anti-semitism".

The alt-right is a pretty bizarre and wholly postmodern phenomenon. A pseudo-nazi moverment led by Jews and homosexuals. Little shits who don't know whether their racism is genuine or ironic and really don't care anymore because their whole world is nothing but unrelenting absurdity. Much like liberals, their politics are pure performance achieving anything is less important than generating a reaction. The older white nationalists have adopted some aspects of meme culture, though rather awkwardly.

how can you stuff so muchEOLOGY in one single paragraph.

But absurdism and postmodernism is fun.

>doesn't appreciate woolf
>"The Dispossessed is one of my absolute favorites though"

genre trash is hopeless

that's what the hippies said

At least until it devours us all

This

I don't judge books by the authors gender. I really enjoy O'Connor, woolfe, Emily bronte, Dickinson and plath.
But the fact is that more men have written more great books. I won't lower my standards for someone else's opinion of me.

I like your taste, user.

croats don't apply.

literally me to be honest

I'm pretty sure my racism is ironic but I think I really do hate people who choose Islam as an ideology.

Honestly I could care less about the white race or any race in general but its good fun offending people on twitter by spouting this stuff with an anime avatar.

If I took it more seriously I'd probably just be a centrist, but this is more fun.

There are some people who really believe this stuff, especially those who do podcasts or youtube and I think that is the funniest thing. Its like the SJWs but this way I get to laugh at them too.

You may be confusing their methods with their message. This guy understands the meme magic well lukeford.net/blog/?p=93156

>wholly postmodern phenomenon
I hadn't heard that before. I'm pretty skeptical of the idea but very curious and willing to entertain it. Do you have any material that makes the case in depth/at length?

>essential
clearly not

The real question for you is:

If your boss came up to you and gave you the choice of

A. Becoming muslim, getting a 100k a year raise, and 2 15 year old wives, and continuing your life as before

or

B. Getting fired, which would you choose?

Sorry its been a few years since I read it and don't have my copy at hand so not sure which version it was

Well yea that's what happens when you make your race or gender 100% of your identity weird how that works.

well at least I can feel superior to feminists!

I'm also a male, so that must make me better than them too. And on top of that I'm white AND cis, so I'm pretty much amazing without actually doing anything with my life

yes, this is really the way you people think
everybody with half a brain can see through this garbage on both sides, and it really makes me sad that so many of you seem to be caught up in anti-feminism just as the young women are caught up in their brand of feminism
you are no better than them, that's for sure

>tfw no dykish qt to write sentimental gender neutral Americana in the modern day

Then I become a self loathing muslim because I am a man without principle or consistency

I wasn't sexist until I started reading this bitch's articles. I hate women with a passion now.

Most of my books are by men
Most of the music I listen to is by women

Riddle me this

music is inferior to literature

women are inferior to men

If you read the article you illiterate shitlord you'd have learnt that they only sent the girls to listen to her

Exactly, no one thinks Flannery O'connor or Alexander Dumas were specific to their gender or racial identity.

I have Susanna Clarke, GEM Anscombe, and Dorothy Sayers; none of which could be considered to be 3rd wave feminists/feminazis.

I really only have Agatha Christie other than some psychology books that have female co writers.

>half my bookshelf is ancient history
No women there that's for sure.

This.

INTO
THE
TRASH
YOU
GO

Maybe women should write better books. Or maybe they better understand what books women want and therefore their books appeal more to women?

user if you haven't read any mary beard, you're missing out.

ok buddy

Last book I read written by a woman was SPQR. I found it to be a very competent book. Informative, interesting and the word "misogyny" only appears three or four times during a short chapter about ancient Roman women in Roman society.

Prior to that... Fuck if I know, might be a few classical/older collections that were compiled/edited by a woman or man/woman team.

I GUESS I'm sexist? Boo-hoo.

I think maybe a quarter or a third of the books I read are written by women authors. I guess that makes me a huge muh sogginist because women aren't fifty percent or higher. Oh well. Honestly I would read a book by a cannibal or a serial killer if it was good, I don't care what colour or gender the author is.

It's just that nowadays, when a book by a non white author comes out and gets attention, I wonder if it's being praised because it's well written, or if the author is from an interesting minority. I don't really see evidence for discrimination against women in literature so I don't get the same suspicion for books by female authors. I want to read good books, not get memed into reading something because the author is from a fashionable outgroup.

Just look at the whole "Yi Fen Chou" shitstorm.

Isn't she a pop history writer? I saw her book SPQR but wrote it off in favor of reading primary sources and more erudite but less accessible secondary sources like Gibbon and Mommsen.