Why are notable young authors almost non-existent...

Why are notable young authors almost non-existent? Age or life experience shouldn't be a deciding factor into what makes an author great.

>he doesn't know that you'll never be great if you aren't published and acclaimed by age 25

Luna Miguel, I know you're reading this. Don't post in here, you have NO DISCERNIBLE TALENT.

It depends on the circumstance

The best authors have read a lot. The majority of under 25s haven't read enough, have read a lot of shit, or are doing English degrees and so are cynical as shit about writing in general.

The best authors come to it late, and spend years refining their own work.

It's not that they're nonexistent, it's that no one pays attention to them.

>Why are notable young authors almost non-existent?

Uh, hello?

>all those pill bottles
Jesus Christ.

imagine if evertyhing you did was ironic, like you put up ironic christmas lights and zany catchphrase banners in your apartment, and everyone pretended the cosmos was a daria sitcom and you were the jaded main character everyone is always watching all the time, and then you hit 35 and no one wants to lisetn to your stories about how you did ecstasy and zany shit on friday any more and youre just a fat bitch no one cares about for like 60 more years and you cant go back and redo it all and become a human instead

because of the education system. it just teaches so much garbage with so little good in between, that many young authors are just writing boring genre trash, rather than anything that has meaning, as they've been taught such shit.

Treating bipolar schizoaffective depression isn't easy

>he thinks he'll be somehow rewarded in later life for being a boring prick.

Premium kek

>im acting crazy!!! but i read and write!! im smart and am intellectual!!! xD

death

There are more than two paths in life, user. Someone who partied in college but worked hard enough to get into medical school, then takes an interesting specialty where they contribute to the store of medical knowledge and treat patients while also having a family and writing down their thoughts is neither boring nor anything like Mira Gonzalez.

Yeah, nah, you're a boring fucking prole who'll always be a boring fucking prole no matter what income bracket you're in.

Yes it is.

1: proper diet
2: exercise
3: no drug use
4: cultivating mindfulness instead of hip cynicism

She looks so healthy and happy.

Mira pls. Your mental problems and drugs aren't that interesting. If you weren't a total basket case, maybe Vice would assign you something other than writing about stuff you do in your room.

thanks guys, this was genuinely fun to read. you've finally written interesting prose

hey isn't it possible you're being a little bit harsh on Mira because she's a girl? you don't even know her

>mental disorder is treatable through superficial lifestyle changes

Excellent meme.

If we're being harsh on her it's because we read her shitty tweets and vice articles about getting yeast infections and drinking lube.

dude, please stop posting this shit.

On one hand, he is a shitposter, on the other hand, you're a tripfag. I honestly don't know who's worse.

wew this thread is off the rails

I'm schizoaffective and am fine. I'm writing something about it.

Is Garth Risk Hallberg good? I've been hearing a lot about him lately.

You know what user - I'll try my hardest just so you can be proud of our generation.

You should go look up the effects those things have on treating mental disorders before making a silly post.

stop trying to peddle your shitty ass novel

You should do the same.

I'm nearly off my medication, all I have to take is Ziprasidone. Those things help but medication is also very important.

that's the main thing that makes an author great

Hnnnh I want to gently stroke that thigh while reading Henry Miller to her as she drifts into a pill-induced nap then jerk off onto her panties then sign up for Twiiter just to send a picture of my cum on Mira's ass to that smug cunt Tao Lin

pills make you feel good, they enhance life.