Anyone else hyped?

Anyone else hyped?

Sure
>inb4 cover vomit

God that fucking cover

whats the big deal with the cover honestly

>1000 pages of ostentatious drivel from an old and insecure man who wants only to distance himself from a medium he is ashamed of his prominence in

No thanks.

Cover is pretty shit.

>ashamed of his prominence in
did he say this or are you just shitposting?

He's just shitposting, Moore has been sick of capefaggotry for a while but who hasn't

Clearly you know nothing about the man.

>he's just shitposting
>but what he said was completely right

???

Idk why but this exchange made me laugh really hard

he's just shitposting. moore loves comics and is currently writing two (providence & cinema purgatorio).

>comic book medium = capes
Typical

Guilt by association.

Next you're going to tell me that anime has important works as well.

Quit trying to justify yourself, manchild.

>not all comic books

grow up man-baby. comics are for children

>but i read the grim dark spooky ones with tits and legit philosophy

man-child, grow up

That's not even what he's saying. He's saying not all comics are capes, which, indeed, they aren't.

Let me direct you to this with a quote by Umberto Eco himself about it:
"I can read the Bible, Homer, or Dylan Dog for several days without being bored."

>using umberto eco to defend his man-baby tastes

hahaha oh my god, too perfect. grow up

Again, I didn't say comics aren't a manchild hobby.

Only that not all of them are capes.

I don't even read comics since high school.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it is a fucking duck.

>b-but look! some literally who codger who looks smart a glance said something nice about this literally who comic!

I don't care.

Eco is pretty respected in academia dude, he's by no means a literally who.

Why are you so upset, some Chad with a Superman "stole" your oneitis?

Right on cue, now comes the projection. You can't make this shit up.

Kek, what the fuck am I projecting. Did your parents got shot at the Dark Knight Rises shooting? Did you went to see Age of Ultron, saw Pinecone, asked for an autograph and he spat on you?

>using terms like chad and oneitis unironically
>thinking it makes you look superior in an argument with fucking anybody

How can one user be such a hopeless manchild?

>not being /r9k/ endoironically

smhtbhfampai

I've seen someone make embarrassingly bad posts like that before after being criticized for their childish tastes and I think it's the same person

to be fair he was literally smarter and more respected than you'll ever me

Here I was replying to the capefag (who's upset at Moore for pointing out that his hobby is for children) and you have to come and misunderstand and derail things like this. You have no class at all

two words: grow up

You're a boring dude and you should at least pick more challenging topics to troll about

Veeky Forums really needs to get over it's fear of comics. Right now I'm reading both From Hell and Don Quixote and I'm enjoying them both quite a bit.

>dude

you just can't help yourself. sad. stop reading comics and act your age

Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

>reddit

upvoted

Nobody cares. This isn't your blog.

You're doing a good job of showcasing "arrested development".

Everyone else seems to think it's theirs, considering their completely unsolicited opinions being spewed all over the thread.

Didn't read.

Good observation. I see you're following the example as well.

Pretty impressive that a man who died in 1963 was able to use reddit.

>alan meme

he routinely pisses on comics and his past work in the medium

... while still writing for it. You'd think all those sharp observers would take the hint

The writing is probably trash.

The hint of what? That he's a fucking idiot?

dave didn't have anything to worry about after all