Macarthur grant

>macarthur grant
>national book award
>new york times and atlantic eating out of his hand

Is this 100 % proof of the greatness of the academia-media-publishing industrial complex's ability to promote the greatest talent on earth...

...or proof that banal the Leftist... Leftism (attempting to be more specific in any way would leave out shitloads of braindead crap) that permeates the academia-media-publishing industrial complex due to its current returns is beyond all hope, and that waiting for a centralised authority to tell you what to read was a shit idea all along for plebs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e4Hqucy1DAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=e4Hqucy1DAk

Coates' darling status among liberal elites has a lot to do with the fact he's not a leftist. He portrays racism as a purely moral-metaphysical evil, completely detached from material conditions and the capitalist system. The emphasis on Moral retribution, ie whites apologizing for racism and acknowledging their privilege, happens to be really convenient for the powers than be and for neurotic middle class Americans shopping for 'personal growth experiences'. Adolph Reed, a black Marxist professor has criticised Coates somewhere along these lines, for example

I'm gonna jack off while reading this post again. Very accurate.

this nigga spooked af

This guy gets it.

What does he suggest instead? I've heard stuff about reparations. Is that the core of his argument?

this nigga look like he stung by a bee and he allergic

Someone who actually knows what they're talking about for once. It's a miracle.

Literally who

You know, I've come to the realization: most left cucks don't actually like this shit, but, they still argue for it because they don't like the Canon or classics or reading either.

The classic mind thinks why is this shit getting praise it does not deserve to be paid attention to.

But the opposition are not arguing it is worth paying attention to.

Really they are saying it's all shit, and should be therefore milked for political gain. It's not sacralige because it's not sacred.

This is all anti art

this is completely inaccurate and might very well be one of the worst posts i've ever seen here

>This is all anti art
>Mfw modern Lefties are essentially living Dada

u scared

I've given up trying to make sense of Leftists and liberals, so I just ignore them or laugh at them, there is no discourse to be had with them.

Have any of you people actually read Coates? He's a very lucid, reasonable commentator. You might disagree with him politically, but you can't call him a bad writer--especially compared to the thousands of awful, awful hack columnists out there.

>OK SMART GUY.

FEELIN' BETTER?

I don't think anyone said he was a bad writer. He's either a bad or disingenuous thinker.

this image is fucking obnoxious

But is it false?

No.

It's actually hilarious.

Quality post.

I think it's meant to be obnoxious. It's ignoring arguments to appeal to tribal feeling and false dichotomies . muh glorious war between le redpill army and the wicked cuck SJW. You are either one or the other.

Coates is so lame that yeah, you do have to pretty much be a cuck SJW to think he's a "very lucid, reasonable commentator."

I think both Sjws and anti-SJW's have good points to make, and there are people from both groups that I like, though I lean more towards the anti-SJW side, yet I'm kind of an SJW of a sort myself.

SJWs are a spook.

That just means you're reasonable and correct without being a fucking idiot about it

Most SJWs have no concept of what they say even though i agree with their vapid beliefs

There about as much of a spook as racism and sexism

Yup

Wonder how many people who agreed with/praised this post have actualy read Coates

>if you disagree with me then you haven't read the source material at all
kys

first rule of stirner

just because it's a spook doesn't invalidate it's relevance upon society

please fucking read stirner

people/objects can't be spooks, lurk more faggots

I assume he was claiming their ideology is a spook (?)

You shouldn't deliberately misinterpret what people say, and you shouldn't tell people to kill themselves.

This whole thread's about a fuckin spook lol

I agree, people's false beliefs in racism and sexism are having a bad influence on society.

Racism and sexism aren't people or objects.

then he shoulda said that instead of talking like a retard.