No one actually reads this for fun, right...

No one actually reads this for fun, right? I read the first page and I literally felt like I wanted to fall asleep right there on the spot. I'm not even being hyperbolic, that's literally how I felt.

>having fun whilst knowing you shall never satiate the Will as long as you desire fun

Why someone want to read this trash?

idk, you'd have to know it's trash first in order to not want to read it.

Have you tried doing the same thing with a textbook of advanced biochemistry or something? It's either an IQ problem or a lack of preparation.

>B-But why isn't the truth e-exciting?!!?!!

I think Kant's Critique of Pure Reason would probably kill OP on the first page, never mind sedate.

Schopenhauer prose is p damn pleasing to read. One of his distinguishing features is his departure from the dry "romantic" philosophy texts

Ever notice how Schopenhauer's name is basically similar to Shakespeare's name and The Globe Theater is like The World as Will and Representation? Like whoa, man. He1l H1tler

so did he fuck his poodle Veeky Forums ?

If Schopenhauer puts you to sleep then don't bother checking out any other German idealists

I read the entire thing at 15. Step the fuck up or get the fuck out.

EDGY
D
G
Y

>I only read books if they're fun

lol

grow up

>I only read books to seem intelligent to others

he was being hyperbolic.

Saying this to people is one step removed from "books r gay!!!!"

Im actually just finishing this book, wondering if volume 2 is worth picking up?

The first thing he says is that you have to read the book twice... Think of it as him doing you favor, since you were never going to understand anyway.

Coming to terms with the iniquity of procreation and the sad realities of negative utility is not supposed to be fun chump.

Yes, it's basically the mature version

Schopenhauer is not one of the more boring philosophers to read, I quite enjoyed TWAWAR actually. Kant and Hegel are comparatively torturous

Having the same problem as OP with pic related.

I haven't read TWAWAR but I really enjoyed Essays and Aphorisms, which I will probably read again, but probably not before trying to get into TWAWAR.

I read in an intro to his stuff that he was covered in bitches all the time, despite depressing-sounding repetitious somewhat NEETish lifestyle.