What are my fellow memesters reading and drinking today? I'm drinking pic related and reading a Rémy Martin VSOP...

What are my fellow memesters reading and drinking today? I'm drinking pic related and reading a Rémy Martin VSOP, currently at page 400.

Culture and Imperialism by Said. Diluted grape juice.

Have been reading Cancer Ward - Solzhenitsyn

drinking beer with my cousin

meming with goodread profile pics on her laptop

you smug kikes

Categories - Aristotle

sparkling water

v sad to see how many ppl fell for this meme book

Plato - Meno
Illy cappuccino

The Iliad (lattimore). on book 13.

i said the same thing about 2666

Have you even read it? It's fucking great.

explain yourself. you clearly haven't read this book. it is a masterwork of pure genius and a right "fuck you" to hipsters

Kipling's Just So Stories

Sugary coffee

The Iliad
Black coffee
Feelin' good B^)

read some HG Wells short stories in bed this morning with some coffee, a pilsner, and a pall mall

Sunny D and a Lunchable
The Beetle Leg

Have you read Hawkes before? I've read 8 of his books so far and that wouldn't be one I'd start with.

Thinking about memeing some Nostromo. Does anyone support this decision

Drinking: coffee.

Henry Miller is a massive prick. But shit, that prick can write.

Does anyone have a link to anywhere that sells that edition of The Recognitions? Or do Penguin no longer print it?

>t. Tegan Boundy

I'm pretty sure it's out of print now. I got mine from some random guy on Amazon.

Moby Dick
Water

I don't know if I'm gonna get to the end of the book, feels like there's so much useless information.

Yep: The Lime Twig, Adventures in the Alaskan Skin Trade, The Cannibal, and Second Skin. I've talked about Hawkes with you before, actually, though mainly I just post about my favorite--Gass.

Sult by Knut Hamsun

Some valpolicella wine

Oh it's gassposter. Should've known. I just got a few Hawkes hardcovers on the cheap the other day, including Adventures in the Alaskan Skin Trade, so I have 12 of his books now.

ah damn. I'm considering buying it from eBay/AbeBooks but there's a chance it'll be battered and ripped (and cracked spines legitimately trigger me).

I found a first edition copy of Adventures at a local bookstore in Franklin, Tennessee for pretty cheap, which was a pretty big surprise. They also had some Gaddis.

Yeah, there's a lot of first editions of various Hawkes books floating around for dirt cheap. He's horrendously underrated so there's no real scalping or anything like there is now with Gaddis' JR.

I know, right? Hawkes is every bit as important to the development of American literature as Gaddis, but no one gives him the time of day.

drinking COFFEE reading THE TRIAL

a sherbet smoothie and the same book you're reading, page 300 meself. i loved the scene with brown, valentine and gwyon, where wyatt is trying to explain that god was seen within everything

>reading trust fund baby shit

Confirmed for never reading it.

Drinking sencha, reading the king in yellow.

pepsi wild cherry
the fellowship of the ring

melancholy of resistance and squirt

He only reads books about old semen.

Got high last night so I'm finishing it off with reading Kierkegaard and DFW.

Veeky Forums and Coca-Cola.

drinking: Ice Plus White Grape Flavored Water Beverage- 'Nuoc Vi Trai Cay!'

reading: 'Chaos: Making a New Science' by James Gleick

injecting: raw heroin

MEIN GOTT

Imbibing three Jambe de Bois tripels and absorbing one Se una notte d'inverno un viaggiatore. Calvino is hilarious.

Stone Brewing Americano Stout

Alternating between Montaigne's Essays and Dickinson's poems.

reading pic related
drinking nothing cause that's gay

KJV
water

Reading A Serious Night of Drinking by Rene Daumal and drinking chai tea.

Scott's Lives of the Novelists

diet coke

I'm 'Cetology' myself.

Just started into this after finishing "Foundation & Empire" today. Four books in and I'm starting to weary here, I can't fathom why anyone would refer to this series as a "Masterwork of Science Fiction" it comes across as pretty basic to me.

I dunno... I got Lolita today, maybe I'll just start that.

Also, just drinking some Fosters.

Orange juice and DFW

Balvenie 12 year, reading (not right this instant) Count Zero by Gibson. The complete sensory overload of pseudocyber terminology is comfy as shit to me

Drinking water and reading Kraznahorkai's Satantango.

Finished Jodorowsky's Albina and the Dog-Men earlier today, it was very enjoyable but very mediocre.

ur a pleb m8ey

foundation trilogy is GOAT scifi

Nah, it's really not. Something along the lines of... "The Mote In God's Eye" does somersaults around this plodding turd.

You have to remember that a "masterwork" of genre fiction is still like YA compared to real literature. If you're going to bother with genreshit at all for fun or whatever, you have to go in with the lowest of possible expectations.

Reading infinite jest. Just cracked open the pikesville to taste. A bit disappointed I liked rittenhouse a bit more and it's half the price.

>You have to remember that a "masterwork" of genre fiction is still like YA compared to real literature.
I get this feel a lot with cyberpunk. The idea of cyberpunk excites me but all I can find is schlock sci-fi

Pnin and a Yuengling

Do you really like rye that much? I've had a couple of bottles of it, and it's an interesting taste, but it'd never be my first or second choice of whiskey.

I drink more scotch than rye but my favorite whiskies have been rye.
Van winkle 13 yr. Rye, redemption 8 and 10, and rittenhouse are my favorites

This is the single most retarded post I've seen all week.

it is the uk penguin edition

>This is the single most triggering post I've seen all week.

Fixed. I read that post expecting to laugh at some retarded notion but he's absolutely right.

Truth hurts, middlebrow.

The odd thing about that is I'm in the US and the guy who was selling it was from someplace in the midwest.

Why? How many counter-examples can you think of?

Is A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Veeky Forums approved?

It doesn't matter. Just don't expect anything mindblowing or great from it if you read it and you might enjoy it. That's what the point of that post was. Read whatever you want, but be reasonable in your expectations for it.

Water
This is water by David Foster Wallace

If you're asking if they're worth reading just read some quotes. If you find them funny you'll probably like the books well enough. But I'd say it's not that great, even for what it was aiming for. The Dirk Gently books are better.