>lend best bud leatherbound copy of Dante's Inferno
>months pass
>I don't usually ask for books back but this one is special
>My dead dad gave it to me before leaving for Afghanistan
>He would never return
>"So, did you read the book?"
>"Oh sure user, I forgot. I'll bring it to you next time we see each other."
>fast forward to next time
>Leather binding has been grossly replaced with hard paper by his vegan girlfriend, the leather stapled to some cow in North Carolina
>EVERY footnote has been cropped with scissors
>Beautiful Doré illustrations have been painted with watercolor
>Dogears
>All the blank pages are missing
>Marbled inlays are now inexplicably pulp paper yellow
>Someone scrawled "Dante Alighieri" with a black pen and wrote "Dorkte Allegory" below
>Friend looks at me, a sincere smile on his face, as I look at the disaster that is my father's last gift
>He doesn't seem to understand what's happening
>Run away
>Years later, I see him begging on the streets and pretend not to see him

This isn't funny, there is a board for random content.

>t. Michael Arnold

Shoulda swung mate. Wouldn't still be livin it

>lending out heirlooms

You deserved it

>victim blaming

Yep. Dont give out your good shit you dumb fuck. Only things you can risk losing.

I hate that this is true (I also hate responding to shitpost threads but I'm making an exception) but I always live by this idea. Every book I lend out I just assume will never come back to me. I sent an entire box of books to a friend on the other side of the country and seriously doubt he will ever return any of them. I've lent out tons of books to my parents, siblings, and friends with the hope that they will read them and appreciate them but with no hope of their return. When I get one back, it is always a pleasant surprise. When I don't, it doesn't even register.

haven't seen this pasta in a long time

There is literally nothing wrong with "victim blaming".

People are responsible for their own actions and their consequences.

Then aren't the perpetrators responsible for perpetrating their misdeeds?

Meant for

They're not contradictions.

You aren't supposed to lend books though, you're supposed to give then and take them - the really special ones you keep.

Everybody is responsible for every misfortune that they've ever received. If someone robs from you, it is very likely the you would have been robbed by someone else. Evil is the universal response to stupidity and weakness.

people aren't responsible for being born into a country, government, culture, family, age, class, ethical standard, intelligence, penis size outside of their choosing, nor can they enact control over people's perception of them. They can't choose outside the fact that the majority of their life is suffering. The only real choice anyone has is suicide.

What about when you go to work and come home to your house with all the valuables gone?

>choosing to live in an area prone to crime
>choosing not to install fences and security systems
>choosing not to booby-trap your front door

If you don't think it's worth being paranoid to protect your shit then admit it, but don't pretend that you're a "victim".

*sigh*

If it was anyone's choice, why would anybody "choose" to live in an area prone to crime?

They chose not to learn how to make enough money to move out of that area. They chose not to be extra careful and prepared for danger while living in that area.

>lol why doesn't everyone just become rich ;P

what if a comet hits you

It's not that simple you fucking clod. I'm guessing you've never lived in a lower class area, much less understood what it takes to claw your way out given everything that's working against you.

Because of weakness and stupidity. Or not putting enough value in wealth and personal safety.

"People cant choose to not be retard"

You're either trolling or someone with no life experience.

Directly related to lack of knowledge of celestial objects. Other people will learn from your death.

clawing your way out = removal of weakness

>Nobody who was poor has ever become rich

What if an earthquake happens?

That wasn't implied, try again

Directly related to lack of geological knowledge. Other people will learn from your death (protip: we have been for centuries to avoid future catastrophes)

What if a solar flare destroys the world?

Explain your implications then.

The human species was too weak and stupid to stop it

That there may be factors that prevent you from focusing all your attention at leaving poor neighborhoods
>sick family member you need to provide for
>getting killed before you can even leave the place
>being born with a severe handicap
You honestly come across as if you're on the spectrum

And you're also responsible for not figuring out how.

>sick family member you need to provide for

You're still responsible for not managing a productive workflow. Caring for others does not enslave you unless you're too weak to do so.

>getting killed before you can even leave the place

That's why you always prepare for the worst. We've been over this.

>being born with a severe handicap

OK, I admit that this only applies to people with sapience. Every other kind of handicap can be accounted for to succeed. See Stephen Hawking, or Helen Keller, or that legless guy in the Olympics.

>You honestly come across as if you're on the spectrum
>Falling for the autism meme this hard

autism

memes

tism

this is true