This is the single worst book I have ever read to completion in my life

This is the single worst book I have ever read to completion in my life.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Ferrante
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

does he even have a good book? i don't like his books

That's Madonna's favorite book.

This redounds to the credibility of my appraisal

Noice

Is it bad that I instantly cringed when someone IRL was talking about how great it was even though I've never actually read it?

By far the worst book I ever read to completion, and was told it was a masterpiece.

Oh god... I remember slogging through that shit back in high school because our sophomore English teacher assigned it. Terrible fucking book.

Straight up hate this book. Never again

what's it about? What's to hate senpai? I've never even heard of it.

Coelho is the mexican murakami

It's just this horrifically dry book about an abortive New England affair that goes nowhere slowly and ends with one of the most idiotic suicide attempts in literary history.

What is the name of the book and what is the author's?

>Talks about how shitty this book is
>doesn't describe what about it sucks

translated portuguese is awful to read,but besides that,what is so bad about this novel?

Basically small new england town, awkward affair, sleigh ride that ends badly, all in turgid post-colonial prose by a stereotypical female sentimentalist.

why so intolerant

I actually enjoy female authors on occasion, but the stereotype derived somewhere (pic related).

Atwood, Ferrante, Munro; Wharton is not.

I'm the guy who didn't read it. The guy who talked about it IRL said it was about "going out on a journey only to find that the most important thing was back home all along" which is just the worst sort of pseudo-philosophical drivel.

its not only bad. its plagiarism.
he stole the story from "Historia de los dos que soƱaron" of borges, a 3 pages story LOL

This book is his best. Esoteric as fuck.

Brida and Manual of Warrior of Light are also great, and The Alchemist is classic. Smd OP

Well fuck, this book.
I thought it was trite and superficial when I read it in 9th grade

>New York TImes Bestselling
Ayyy lmao

>it sold a lot of copies
>le not underground enough for me

It's still pretty kvlt tbqh.

>Ferrante

Sorry, who?

Yeah and Borges lifted the tale of the two dreamers from the 1001 Arabian Nights.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Ferrante

there is a girl i've been talking to who said this was one of the best books she's ever read. She also told me that the bell jar was good, and that wuthering heights was good. They were all literally the worst books i have ever read, but i dont mind because im gonna diddle her in the poo