Mysogyny

How much misogyny can an author get away with in this day and age? I want to write a novel about a girl who starts off sweet and innocent and is corrupted into a SJW hippy whore. Does this exist already?

Not sure how much of my power level I can reveal.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Women's_Room
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just publish it with a female pseudonym.

You can't get away with any misogyny. Even if you write a book with a near saintly woman but give her one character flaw you'll get called a misogynist.

since self publishing exists, you can "get away" with anything

you should probably spend a bit more time in the real world and a bit less time on Veeky Forums before you start though

madame bovary? you can put most anything in a book, it makes it very hard to be edgy enough people buy it in case it's banned. compton mackenzie had a terrible time trying to get his lesbian novels banned and that was the 1920s favourite scandal

Just make conservatives your target audience. Think Bill O'Reilly and Anne Coulter. Don't even try to make it marketable to anyone else.

I don't give a shit about being called a misogynist, I just care that my book gets published

Read some of Chad kultgens books find out yourself

What an awful, retarded concept for a book

Caring about getting published is not only sheep mentality, but also unwise. What's the last book the publishing industry put out that's any good? Why would you want to be a part of that shit show?

You want to retain publishing rights so you can freely distribute your novel, and show the world it doesn't suck like 2666, or My Struggle, or whatever the hell the industry is trying to push at the moment.

>I want to write a novel about a girl who starts off sweet and innocent

this is a modern fantasy and has little to do with actual girls

it's also heterodox

>I'm a special snowflake who was too shit to get published
>dude like, fuck the man rite?

This. No one's sweet and innocent, ever.

is this bait? The "publishing industry" is huge and diverse, not some monolithic conspiracy with an agenda to push

lmao

You're either the memest of memelords to say this or a retarded kid who has absolutely no exposure to the publishing process.

expose me, meme boss

bluepilled libcuck detected.

It's run by a select group of ethnically non-diverse people who are hell-bent on breeding out whiteness and destroy masculinity to enslave us all.

take the redpill

you're an idiot user
do you really think that, say, Virago and Feral House have the same agenda?

A lot if you use a character as a mouth piece. See Houellebecq.

But as a philosopher, don't even dare to question today's narrative.

I'll admit I haven't read every single book offered by the publishing industry in the past five years. I'm forming this opinion based on the darlings, which are mediocre and trifling.

>Not sure how much of my power level I can reveal.
Go all out. If you are thinking of neutering yourself before you even start, then you have already failed. SJW outrage will only make people want to read to more to see what all the fuss is about.

Now whether or not your story is good or bad is an entirely different matter.

I used to be, before they got ahold of me.

Lol you just romanticize women as if they'r some pure tool to be protected and confined by you

Obviously you've never had rough, dirty sex with a female, so just quit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Women's_Room

>if you write a book with a near saintly woman but give her one character flaw you'll get called a misogynist
wrong

Does it matter?

Feminists don't read books

/thread

AMERICAN PASTORAL

oh you can expose your full power if u know how to conceal it.

Dead wrong. The young tumblr girls comprise 99.99% of YA readers, who spend stupid amounts of money on cheesy shit because they're 16.

>a novel about a girl who starts off sweet and innocent and is corrupted into a SJW hippy whore

because Justine hasn't already been written or something.