Kierkegard was a Jesus loving non-thinker

Kierkegard was a Jesus loving non-thinker

DAE religion is le bad

Likes it's your opinion dude, just make a keirkegard leap off a ledge dude.

The story and explanations surrounding Jesus can't really be believed by thinking people. Not literally.

It's just a fact. It makes no sense. Which is why most religious people resort to saying "it's not ours to understand" or some such nonsense. It simply can't be believed.

>it simply cannot be believed
I think you're starting to understand

yeah he was pretty great to be honest

Well I really like Kierkegaard. Checkmate atheist.

whoa that is not the handsome kierkegaard that im used to seeing

He's the father of existentialism. I like what I'm reading from Either/Or

ya wtf op?? even if kierkegaard was unattractive (i personally am taking a leap of faith to believing he wasnt) we ought all to subscribe to the version of history in which he is attractive

on the topic at hand:
kierkegaard actually much preferred the old testament to the new, and Abraham, not Jesus, is his model religious thinker.

> It simply can't be believed.
i always chuckle when i see atheists proclaim that its a matter of belief, if you read any actual religious texts you see that belief rarely comes up at all!

>even if kierkegaard was unattractive (i personally am taking a leap of faith to believing he wasnt)
i lmao'd too hard at this

>kierkegaard actually much preferred the old testament to the new, and Abraham, not Jesus, is his model religious thinker.
you know I thought he just used Abraham in his example to justify why even if there was a god we must make leaps of faith. Why did he like Abraham more than Christ?

jesus cant serve as a religious model, because god is certain in him (and therefore cannot be our model for religion)

abraham is the man because he was literally willing to suspend his most principal ethical beliefs on a leap of faith despite not having the certainty in god that Jesus had

basically, abraham can be a model, jesus cant and therefore abraham's religion can be a model in a way that jesus' cant

i dont know if he ever explicitly goes like "ya jesus is kinda bollocks, i like abe more" but compared to other religious thinkers he definitely shouldnt be described as a "jesus loving non-thinker"

oh ok thanks for the insight mate, makes a lot of sense :)

It's totally inaccurate to minimize the character of Christ in his work. I just finished reading the Philosophical fragments where the entire project is counterpoising Christ and Socrates (who stands with Hegelian philosophy)

ive never read the philosophical fragments only Either/Or, Sickness, Trembling so what i said only applies to those works

he was a pretty prolific writer so its possible more than 50% of his writing is just "JESUS WALKS" copy pasted 10000x and i wouldnt have read enough to know that

Also I wasn't actually disagreeing with what you said & didn't mean to sound so aggressive!

Maybe its because he likes Jesus (being a derivative of God and all) but if you had to look at a human figure that we should model ourselves off of, user is saying Kirky liked Abraham the most

kek

Stay away from smart people from now on, lord poopysnatch.

>The story and explanations surrounding Jesus can't really be believed by thinking people. Not literally.

The miracles are certainly silly, but the story itself is well accepted by scholarship, much of it agnostic and atheist. Stop rejecting standing scholarship for edge's sake.

>god is certain in him

HUBRIS
U
B
R
I
S