So Veeky Forums, what pulled you out of your first existential crisis?

So Veeky Forums, what pulled you out of your first existential crisis?

religious existentialism

other crises

Ignoring it and then losing interest.

I'm still in it.

this and finding a vocation

Pussies.
Acceptable answer.

Shitposting and memes.

Maturity

Throughout my youth I have been attracted to males and females equally. This wouldn't be complicated were it not also for the fact that I don't know if I want to be male or female myself. When masturbating I switch back and forth between a male and female perspective. Sometimes I come thinking as a man, sometimes as a woman. This was very frustrating for the longest time. I was sure that eventually I would "figure it out," that I would settle on one mode of thought, one identity to be. It wasn't until I read a bit of Virginia Woolf's"A room of one's own" that I realized, there wasn't anything wrong with me, that thinking androgynously is a boon, that the best writers are the ones who can sit comfortably in any characters head, male or female. Now I appreciate the lucid side of me, and it doesn't drive me apeshit anymore.

Masturbation.

That isn't an existential crisis, that's just gay.

It's half gay, you ignorant fuckwit.

I stopped being spooked.

The worst kind. Disgusting

Reading more literature actually

Heroin and books

You take the greenpill.

Alcohol, alcohol, alcohol.

My second existential crisis

A noose.

Noice

I realized that I wasn't actually scared to be alone.

Buzz off, Christpest.

Embraced the absurd as a pleasurable affair and now spend my time pushing boulders up mountains and roundhouse kicking gods

I'm still in it.

Siddharta.
Its introduced me to meditation and yoga. I still eat like a pig and binge watch Netflix. I would like to quit my habits but I get distracted

always amuses me when people tally up their "existential crises," or claim to never have had one. either the mark of someone about to fall off the edge, or incapable of recognizing the edge in the first place.

you might be right

I slept with a very attractive woman

Camus put a name on it for me. There might be inherent meaning to life, there might not be, there's really no fucking way to know, so might as well just fucking enjoy the ride.

>dude existential crises lmao
>dude i'm such a tortured yet enlightened soul lmao
kys you narcissistic pieces of shit

I don't see what the second two things have to do with the first.

Why is suicide not included here? It seems intellectually dishonest to discount suicide as a valid response to an existential crisis.

It's in the first paragraph.

>there might not be any reason to eat this moldy pizza but I might as well enjoy its delicious fungal goodness.

Albert Camus.

> Year of our lord 2016
> Not getting mushrooms, onions, green peppers on your pizza

reality

The realization I was born in a cult and that I wouldn't live forever like it was told to me since I was a kid. Accepting death when you're 20 is insane.

>t. some faggot who was pretentious as a teenager and feels like the only way he can convince himself he's "changed" is to project his younger self onto anonymous people on the internet

Yeah, no one knows existential suffering like you user

That's not an existential crisis

Dude me to. That and fight club.

Its given the consideration of a gallows joke. Treating life as an accumulation of negative utility is as reasonable a resolution to an existential crisis as any.

Read more books.

Nothing, I just decided to live in it.

same

Then it's not a crisis. Maybe an existential itch.

>I don't know if I want to be male or female myself
What does it matter what you want to be? You are what you are, fate has already decided for you. Perhaps I'd rather be a beast than a man but that doesn't change my nature. It is okay to dream but don't let it become delusion.

failing to understand that it your hedonism which puts you in this situation and that ''finding a vocation'' remains entirely hedonistic and solves nothing.

Well, I settled the matter eventually. :P

This is a post about existential crisis man. Gender fits like a glove here.

I don't think it does. An existential crisis is much more fundamental than that.

For transgenders it's very much a crisis about the nature of their specific existence. It doesn't have to be about moral ambiguity or whatever your thing is.

How is suicide a solution to anything?

Whos to say you're ceasing to exist, instead of say just switching existences.

It has nothing to do with that. Its probably a more decisive solution to an existential crisis than any other, after all what person ever went on to have an existential crisis after death?

There is no such thing as "transgenders". And that's just a crisis, not an existential one.

How is it not?

You cease to exist, you don't get your answer but you are not there to care either, you are a hack

The answer is 'Ike.led myself because my life was nothing more than an accumulation of negative utilities with interstitial highs that occasionally tricked me into thinking it was equitable"

>Omg I'm going to die, everything seems so pointless and futile
>What am I going to do with my life, what gives meaning? What is meaning?
>Lel better kill myself so I don't have to answer any of these questions

>You cease to exist,

No shit, Sherlock.

>you don't get your answer

There are no answers - that's the whole point.

>but you are not there to care either,

Ya think?

>you are a hack

What the fuck did you just call me?

Well people literally swap genitalia, and it is absolutely a part of their existence.

There are no "answers to these questions", jackwagon. You either enjoy life or you don't.

Id say it's more of a spectrum

but thats not existential crisis, thats being a faggot
a person having an existential crisis senses there is something wrong in his valoration of things, he senses the puzzle is incomplete so he looks desperately for the missing piece everywhere

quitting the search is not even failing it, failing it is death finding you before you find the piece, if you go look for death you are not looking for the piece, if you are not looking for it you are not having an existential crisis, you are just being a little faggot

>There are no answers
okay master of the void

No they don't, cutting off your dick and taking hormones isn't "swapping genders." You're either XX or XY.

They just mutilate themselves but that is beside the point. My hair is a part of my existence but that doesn't mean I have an existential crisis every time I cut it.

For some, gender is a fundamental issue. Do you have any imagination?

It's swapping genitalia.

You don't have to "cut off your dick" to be transgender, shitlord. If a person publicly presents as female, she's female.

No swapping is involved.

Yeah because your not conflicted. I.e not a crisis.

>If a person publicly presents as female, she's female.
I can't tell if you're joking or not.

a testostertone boost desu

Balding could be a crisis. But it doesn't necessarily lead to an existential crisis which is something else.
I don't.

Nothing. I am forever a nihilistic who doesn't believe in the afterlife until it can be empirically proved to me that it exists.

We are just highly complex forms of matter. Beautiful, yes, but just matter. We live, we die, and then nothing happens. That is just observable logic.

There really is no meaning, and therefore you should never take anything too seriously in life. You are here while it lasts so just stop being such a serious minded cunt and think about the bigger pictures.

Fool yourself into the belief that everything has a reason and there is something after death, that's fine. Whatever makes you feel comfortable.

Depends how literally you take the "existential" part i guess. I think it would count, although it's not very compelling

>Swapping genitalia
I can glue a fleshlight to my forehead, but it won't make me a girl.
>Using "shitlord" unironically
Kys

Gender Dysphoria has been documented for a long time, regardless of whether or not one thinks you can/can't switch genders or whatever I don't see why people wouldn't just call a person like they wanted to be, if only as a courtesy

getting cucked 2bh

There are answers.
>You either enjoy life or you don't.
Now you're just being silly.

A lot of mental diseases have been documented for a long time m8

>I can glue a fleshlight to my forehead, but it won't make me a girl.

Well definitions of girl are subjective, but no it would not. Literally swapping REAL genitalia is another thing. Of course you can reject any definition you don't like, but yours seems to be the minority.

If gender didn't matter in many sports, fields of work, relationships, and many other things, it wouldn't really be a practical problem. But it does.

I read the Stranger because I was working in a library at the time and it was the closest book within reach I thought sounded interesting. Then I actually looked the author up and went on to read the rest of Camus stuff. A lot of my people I try to tell about it just say that it comes of very depressing, but I felt a lot of solidarity out of it

How the fuck do you define "real" genitalia? It's a piece of meat, it means nothing, your chromosomes are still the same inside. You can't change your sex.

And do you harass all of them too?
I think it's really overkill to start policing the terminology just because you don't want people to interpret it any way but yours desu. All memeing aside that's some pretty spooky shit

>if only as a courtesy
How nice of you to both lie and encourage their delusional behaviour, truly your kindness know no bounds.

Is your genetics the only thing that makes you a women?

>And do you harass all of them too?
Why do you think he harass trannies?

>I have a lack of understanding about an issue therefore only an explanation which i can understand is correct.

I don't run into every bar and tell everyone that they aren't really happy either. I grew out of being a "Brutal honesty" edgelord 10 years ago m8

But most people in bars aren't mentally ill and unstable. I also fail to see how anything I've posted could be construed as "edgy".

Yes.

School responsibilities and other distractions

Well we're having a conversation about putting hypothetical people in their hypothetical places on a literal anime imageboard
Just call it a hunch

What a lame definition