Why don't Millennials read books?

Why don't Millennials read books?

Other urls found in this thread:

chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/books/ct-prj-biblioracle-millennial-reading-habits-20160316-column.html
theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/09/millennials-are-out-reading-older-generations/379934/
youtube.com/watch?v=rgPpTvX86n8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why don't Veeky Forums users have sex?
Why don't white people excel at basketball?
Why don't people like OP think in anything other than blanket statements and generalities?

Why are you so negative?

what's an millennial and aren't you one?

>projection
>projection + average genetic height differential and the dynamics of the game that strongly favors height over pure skill
>most people are too lazy to put in time and effort
Maybe he's just having a bad day?
Maybe that pic reminded him of someone he intensely dislikes and he's now in a negative mindset?
Maybe he couldn't give you a straight/honest answer to that question if he tried, at least not without a significant period of introspective thought?

chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/books/ct-prj-biblioracle-millennial-reading-habits-20160316-column.html

You know every single millennial in existence and their reading habits?

In NYC print circulation in the library system is at an all time high. 18-29 year olds don't take all the credit but apparently they account for a large percentage. Millenials reading, just not the one's you hang out with.

This.
They're spending all their time at home so you never see them, unless you take part in the 1-3 activities they might do.
Which is unlikely that even if you did, you would talk to them, because they're too busy deconstructing and decompressing what they've read or considering what to prioritize in their current reading list to initiate random conversation with you.
Or any of dozens of other plausible scenarios that would avert a meeting that would result in your awareness of their reading habits.

Maybe start hanging out at book stores, libraries and looking for types of groups that would attract such people?
Or go get your english/lit degree.

your all fucking millennials wtf are you all talking about.

Internet

People were reading more books in the past because there was no internet, no computer games and not that many TV channels. Actually, millenials are reading more words a day than people did in the past. But it's fragmented information and mostly trash. Things weren't better in the past though. They did a test with a high-brow best-seller in the 90s. They inserted a phone number in the book somewhere in the final 25% of pages, telling people they will get 5$ if they phoned a number. The book sold well, but not a single person called.

pos5 more girls:D

I'm not.

then your to young to be here

larry bird is the greatest basketball player of all time but you cant say that because hes white

think purely about the sport

larry bird is better than jordan, hakeem, wilt chamberlain etcera

You're probably a Millennial too, OP. Unless you're nearly 40.

Almost every other person of my peer group irl reads a considerable amount. Rarely less than a book every week, since we're all grad students. So it's often a lot more.

technology. theyre fucked. we all are. so enjoy the last days of enjoyable nature and life. and dont have kids.

>>your a millennial (Established Argument A)

>>why are you generalizing omg :( (Established Argument B)

>The demonstrated intelligence behind these two arguments should somehow speak to its Millennial authors' positive well-readness

nice try, iGeneration

they do but apparently it doesn't count if you read YA bullcrap

They do read books; just garbage like GoT, 50 Shades, Witcher, Self-Help Books, etc.

you do realize that iGeneration =/= millennial

millennial, aka gen y is anyone born from the 80s to the 90s and is someone who is currently in their 20's or early 30's

the guy who coined the term said that it's anyone born between 1982-2004, although it's commonly accepted to be 1982-1994

99% of Veeky Forums are millennials and they don't even know it, kek

If a label applies to you that you don't know about and has zero impact on your life, does it matter?

no, generation labels are mostly meaningless outside of marketing, but it's funny when millennials complain about millennials

it's like they see a word and automatically assume they know what it means even though they don't

theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/09/millennials-are-out-reading-older-generations/379934/

they have truly evolved beyond the need for books, user.

Hi have you heard of e-readers. I read at a minimum twice as much from when I only had access to print books.

It's not fair for people to say "millenials read' BUT they read YA fiction and count of monte cristo spark notes.

if this is what being part of the literary elite turns one into then no thanks

You can hate your own generation.

It's common enough to have become a cliche.

this

stop generalizing billions of people based on stereotypes you hear online

too busy having alienating unerotic mechanical sex and closing their pineal glands with MDMA and cannabis.

>actively using a marketing term to describe a portion of the populace
>it's a literary board
pick one weeeewwy milleniallll laddddiiiieeeeess

>e-readers

youre just proving my point,

>I've seen kids these days, green hair, shit on their face, they don't read nothing. Everything's sex...
>Clinton

oldmanwisdom.jpg

Idk, can't say, not sure OPs claim is even true desu. But meme culture is killing us all and I've had enough, ENOUGH. Its like post 2007 Internet has spilled over into real life, and now the news, politics, schools, everything has been degraded to the level of an online image board. I find this all terribly troubling , not to mention irresponsible on the part of these leaders and officials who are supposed to keep the Internet separate from real life. We are about to elect our first meme president for Christ sakes. I'm scared bros, tell me it will stop.

>> 8109979
> Being unable to detect irony
kek

i feel this

Video Games.

Surprised no one mentioned this yet.

Naw it'll only get worse, Nick Land is right

But so are the Catholics

yes, they are much better thank books

>response is entirely meme

the end is nigh

They were too me a long time ago. Too bad the industry completely stagnated. Same shitty stories every time, poorly written the majority of the time.

At least we have good books.

I think it's mostly just young men who don't read so much. Literally none of my male friends or family read literature. When men do read it is usually work related, or religious. All of my female friends do though, and I state that without exaggeration. It makes me laugh when I see threads like >tfw no literary qt3.14 because it is much easier to find a literary woman than a literary man.

>Some 88 percent of Americans younger than 30 said they read a book in the past year compared with 79 percent of those older than 30
>a book in the past year
>a single fucking book

sorry, but that hardly counts. How many of that 88% are actual readers (whatever the material)? A reader being someone who reads consistently (1 book/month as a baseline). People who have read only 1 book in a year are not readers.

Honestly, Sebastian and I are probably fixing the world average by ourselves

>there are people on Veeky Forums who read 30 minutes a day and shitpost for 180
>there are people on Veeky Forums who have read less than 25 books in 2016
>there are people on Veeky Forums who have not read Shakespeare

Millennial doesn't even mean someone who was born around the turn of the millennium, it just the new term for those meddling kids. Once the majority of them turn 27 or 28, they won't be referred to as "millennials" in a demeaning manner anymore, just watch

>there are people on Veeky Forums who post cringeworthy shit like this sincerely
>there are people on Veeky Forums who think people care who they are or the number of books they've read

8/10 bait, but I saw through it in the end. The whole "Sebastian and I" thing really twisted my cringe receptors.

static words on a page just can't compete with something like fucking black ops 3 in terms of stimulation and immersion

Why do you think they should?

Universal literacy is quite a new thing -- I don't understand why people are somehow dissapointed little timmy is playing football rather than reading Porphyry

80% of the video games audience don't care about storyline. they just care about the skinner box

Irony will exhaust itself into sincerity

But I read books.

I read the 4chinz every dey. do that count?

who is this cum plum?

god i miss being a teenager

As an adult you are suppose to pull them in easier
>my bf goes to college
>omg gurl i'm like sooo jelous
>4 real zzees?

Short attention spans.

I actually think Millenials read more books than the generation before them

That girl is probably 14 dude.

they do
i do
they watch less tv than the old folks before them.
they read more, they prefer wine to beer, they pay attention to politics and social movements.
millennials are better than the generation before them

I know exactly what you mean and I love it. This place was never retarded, only ahead of the curve.

I'm 18 and I read plenty. Not even for attention or anything. I try to avoid that at all costs t b h.

>not even for attention

Do you only hang out with monkeys? I would say more read than they don't.

People are all shitty famalam

Good image, I laughed.

there are five statements in this post and each one is wrong

>your a millennial
>your a
>your

And YOU'RE not part of the iGeneration? I call bullshit

>Unless you're nearly 40.

you sound like an old faggot who cant accept aging. thats worse than cancer.

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT "MILLENIALS" ARE PEOPLE REACHING ADULTHOOD IN AROUND THE TURN OF THE MILLENNIUM, NOT PEOPLE BORN NEAR THE TURN OF THE MILLENNIUM.
>MILLENNIALS ARE 31 TO 37 YEARS OLD NOW
Have a nice day.

they do. only that todays books are shit.

>tfw 34 and have nothing in common with 18-24 year olds right now
>tfw reading all these millennial articles and they dont apply to me

Know who really doesnt read? late boomer and gen x males.

>larry bird is better than jordan, hakeem, wilt chamberlain etcera

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but i'd like to hear your thoughts as to why Bird was the goat.

>not realizing that there is now "all time" great in basketball

you have to rank the goats within the era they played user

>Why don't Millennials read books?
Cause it's boring, personally when I get bored I have sex with a lot of guys to prevent that fucking boredom. Life is so short, I haven't tasted all the sexual things, not in the slightest. Reading usually takes too much time and it's completely useless as it turns out. Btw, I usually prefer black guys cause they are more manish than an average feeble euro cuck

Not him, and hate sports, but growing up in boston during the 80s everyone would always claim that larry birds shooting ability, leadership, and work ethic made him a better player than the afore-mentioned except jordan because they relied too much on natural athletic ability.

youtube.com/watch?v=rgPpTvX86n8

of course, boston sports fans are self indulgent liars so take that as you will

Trump is not powerful thanks to Veeky Forums memes, he is powerful now as a candidate because people is tired of SJW, BLM, and feminist hypocrisy. All those movements are backfiring heavily.