Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TMgUIPvAlLI&list=PLCsx_OFEYH6vAkHO0gakDrZ8Kuteu-nUn
youtube.com/watch?v=16E_Zn0P6yY&list=PLCsx_OFEYH6vAkHO0gakDrZ8Kuteu-nUn&index=8
youtube.com/watch?v=_iMllnD3xnk
awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/A_Dance_with_Dragons-Chapter_70
youtube.com/watch?v=dF7dbXuGTJY
youtube.com/watch?v=T7hHx7gdN68
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bran goes back in time and prevents white walkers from existing and in the final scene we see all the characters alive and happy and we think it's all fine until Ned Stark chops off that dude's head again and we realize nothing has changed.

GRRM dies, books are never finished.

this.

or some random person we never heard of takes shit over.

Nah, he explicitly said that his manuscripts will be burned if he dies.
However, the show producers roughly know how it's supposed to end, so the show will be finished in any case.

I meant in the books. some random character takes over. some new character never seen before

youtube.com/watch?v=TMgUIPvAlLI&list=PLCsx_OFEYH6vAkHO0gakDrZ8Kuteu-nUn

Hopefully he'll die before he finishes anymore of those books

bran wargs the biggest dragon wrecking shit. danny and tyrion ride the other 2 dragons wrecking shit. starks retake the north. tommen becomes a good king. some good people die along the way.

As for speaking of the realm of jokes and tomfoolery, I hope the fat man drops dead of heart cancer. But really, no, I cannot do it, he is a human being and I wish him good

>Preston Jacobs meets GRRM
>Asks his tinfoil questions
>GRRM laughs and tells him to get a life

Can't make this shit up

I wish it would end with Stannis ending all the corruption, crony bullshit, and decadence, laying claim to the throne that's his by right. But sadly, he's dead as fuck, so that isn't happening.

Preston is deeper than George.

"and it was all just a Game of Thrones"

preston's a fucking encyclopedia, user. He knows GRRM's works better than GRRM. I'd trust what he says more than gurm t b h.

Then they all died, the end.

It was all a dream.

Some guy wakes up in bed, opens his eye, mutters to himself with a tremble in his voice "how horrifying."

The End.

Starks will get some slack cut, get a bit of taste of victory in the end but the world is still harsh so his/her descendants will have to deal with similar troubles in the future and the end hints at it.

Lannisters will become irrelevant or completely crushed (not necessarily by Starks) like the Castamere senpaitachi.

I'm not even sure if the blonde bitch will ever leave the fucking squatting-in-the-grasslands. But if she does, I guess she will fulfill her role as ice zombie burner and that's it.

She's Sauron. She'll sack Volantis like the Turks did.

One conlusion from these videos is that GRRM has a thing for telepathy and hive minds in his writing.

It has to climax in some colossal elemental cataclysm.

>tommen becomes a good king
hate to break it to you user but tommen and cersei are both gonna die
t. valonqar

Actually the phrase 'game of thrones' is used not once, but twice in the first novel.

I want Tyrion to become king. If it ends with Tyrion sitting on the iron throne I will be happy.

Jon Snow plunges Longclaw into Dany to recreate Lightbringer and save the day.

it's a multipart series, the last video is probably the most important if you won't watch them all
youtube.com/watch?v=16E_Zn0P6yY&list=PLCsx_OFEYH6vAkHO0gakDrZ8Kuteu-nUn&index=8

Bran kills himself at the end by time travelling to his birth to undo all the suffering in the world. He will side with the others.

what's all this talk of time travel? was that in a feast or dance?

Happens in the show.

I haven't read the books but cleganebowl looks fun. I don't even think it has shit to do with the books. that's all I care about really, just that word alone.

the shows terrible

Agreed. It was sort of fun at first, but now it's just another boring drama that survives off its former hype and the pleb-tier just eat it up because there isn't much else to compete with.

Yeah, but the time travel shit is also going to show up in the books one way or another.

the scale is what pisses me off. it's all wrong. nothing is giant or epic. shit would need a lord of the rings type budget to get it right. after they cut off ned starks head I stopped watching. not enough people present in the square compared to the books.

>Scale
That's the weirdest compliant I've ever seen

imagine minas tirith was built into a dainty hill. that's what it's like going from the book to the show. it's just so underwhelming. no TV show could do justice to what's going on in the book. how was that ocean battle In the show? where they lit the water on fire. probably sucked ass.

It's not going to be finished. Dudes like 70, fat as fuck, it's been 5 years since dance with dragons and no sign of the next one at all.

All the excerpts are the same meandering shit that plagued the previous 2.

It's ogre.

GURM has a heart attack.

> it's been 5 years since dance with dragons and no sign of the next one at all.

There was 5 years between books 3 and 4 and 6 years between books 4 and 5.

It's getting close and he's on schedule.

They weren't able to do the boom chain thing or have the battle take place on the grounded ships but it was a pretty fucking cool scene regardless.

Plus GRRM wrote it and gave us the first proper taste of the Hound in over a decade. That was totally worth it: youtube.com/watch?v=_iMllnD3xnk

I was never a huge fan of fantasy. Is it really worth reading all those books? Wiki says that the series has 4451 pages, and its not even near the end.

No matter how it ends, it won't be as good as the fan speculation. Seriously, some of the ideas they've come up with have been much better than what ended up being the case:

>the Others are actually the souls of the First Men, who were trapped in the Weirwoods and crafted new forms for themselves to escape their torment
>Roose Bolton is some sort of undead/Other creature, that literally flays his male heirs so that he can assume their identities and continue living
>maesters are secretly a controlling force in the world, arranging political conflicts and stamping out magic to better keep their power over the kingdoms (basically the Illuminati)
>Howland Reed possessed Arthur Dayne just before he died and took over his body permanently, saving both himself and Ned from death

i have a hard time imagining the series ending with anything other than a war between humans and white walkers, because that's where it seems like things are heading. even though grrm hinted that things will be more complex than just a lotr type ending.

i do think jon snow will end up becoming the new night's king. now that he knows nothing happens when you die, i think a huge part of his arc will be trying to avoid death, ie becoming immortal.

meta

it already has if you pay attention. there are lots of moments in the book where someone hears the wind or a raven say something and it influences their decisions.

"words are wind"

>meandering

Yeah, how many god damned open plot streamlines are there? Ignoring the tv advances:

>Bran's training
>Jon
>Stannis vs Ramsay
>Arya's training
>Vary's endgame
>Little Finger's endgame (insert Sansa here)
>Greyjoy escapades
>The Martells just getting started
>Tullys vs Frays/Jaime
>Daenerys plot still flying in circles in the east, his enemies there, his slavery personal quest, his lovers...
>Tyrion (imo his chapters got full boring after Tywin's death)
>Zombie Cat and the rat pack orchestra

I can't recall more. How do you end so much shit in just two books.

He is not dead in the books. Remember he is a military genius and is fighting randy dipshits. He will win that fight

There is a theory that he will be raised from death by 3eyed raven. He will then do shit end up. Marrying Daenerys and strangle her other death on wedding night to raise her from the dead.

There is also
> Davos' mission to retrieve Rickon as a means to secure Manderlay support for Stannis.
>Theons redemption.
>Aegon Blackfyre and Jon Con adventures
> SAMs Jedi training.
> Nymeria's Wolfpack
> Clegane Bowl and the Sparrows endgame
> the Blackfish harboring Jeyne Westernling and Rob's heir.

not if he burns shireen for good luck and all of his men either abandon him or become despondent

Don't forget Victarion setting sail to take Daenerys as his wife. Easily the plot thread I was the most hype for.

lol GRRM knows he's in over his head and is just gonna draw it out till he dies and never finishes the books. he likes the show so much because it leaves so much shit out he can actually come up with an ending for it

There is a reddit page with much more listed.

By the way, was there any point in Quentyn's plot in the last book?

how WILL it end? idk
how SHOULD it end? right now, into the trash

Subversion of a Prince travelling to meet a princess and marrying her. ASOIAF has a bunch of them.

quentyn isnt dead

Anyway someone had to release the dragons

Really?

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/A_Dance_with_Dragons-Chapter_70

Is Barristan lying here?

That's just crazy speculation from preston jacobs.

I get the feel gurm goes for cheap shock value. Like he's a big titted slut with a cleavage who dances very close to you and when you get to her room with her laughing and kissing you the chapter ends and you just have enough time to think "fuck not again" before the next chapter starring you is one where you're riding you're horse on the way to a castle in bumfuck nowhere and you have to reminisce four or five important things that happenned "off screen" because the fat fuck is also lazy and it's easier that way.

It's like he can't commit to telling a story and has to stop and start, only writing the first 90% strokes of the handjob and letting the 10% of the last strokes be recapped three months later matter-of-factly by some useless character one continent away.
Also fuck Cersei for being so cliché and fuck all the Dorne subplot.

It makes sense. There are both literary and literal in-book-logic reasons to believe it.

Dany's story has had several scenes where Dany decides that burnt bones prove nothing, and from close reading of Quentyn's "death" scene, it doesn't match other scenes of characters dying by dragonfire.

That's kinda cool

>When he raised his whip, he saw that the lash was burning. His hand as well. All of him, all of him was burning. Oh, he thought. Then he began to scream.

>"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur.
Quentyn is the sun's son. He rose in the west (Westeros) and died in the east (Essos). He released the dragons and freed Dany from her curse. Thanks to him Dany can finally Mount the World.

god time travel is so stupid

youtube.com/watch?v=dF7dbXuGTJY

o shit, what's this?

>Heat levels

First resurrection no jutsus and then this. Literally Naruto tier writing.

It kinda cheapens the threatening power of the dragons, that a kid survives this easily after such encounter.

Preston just came up with the most retarded possible explanation for Quentyn surviving. Instead of the dragons "turning down their heat levels" and his whip being covered in super flammable oil for some reason, wouldn't an easier explanation be that he just didn't get a direct hit? He makes a good point that everyone else gets instakilled Raiders of the Lost Ark style, so why did he survive for three days? My version would be Quentyn gets seriously but not fatally burned, he Arch and Drink decide to fake his death, and present Barristan with the body of one of the Brazen Beasts.

I'm okay with the resurrections because it's pretty obvious that they're not the same people anymore. It's just the bodies being reanimated, their occupants are gone.

Jon might have a shot to come back because he's a warg, but that's another question.

And seems pretty reasonable.

Catelyn stark isn't the same person because she saw the horror of the Red wedding. I don't think it has to do with her dying.

for Beric Dondarrian it's different, it's like he's missing pieces of himself.

>believing in prophecy

It was all a dream.

That makes sense, I'm okay with it.

I think that a lot of the prophecy will come true. Just in a way that is subtle or not obvious. Gurm loads his stuff with a ton of foreshadowing and prophecy falls in line with that.

Burned, his writing is to shit to be of any real value in manuscript form.

It would make me very very sad if history regarded him as anything other than pop culture fad.

don't forget
>greyjoy escapades have to be split into euron/aeron and victarion/moqorro
>oldtown/citadel
>meereen battle
>maester marwyn
>volantis shenanigans
>probably more fucking areo hotah chapters
>cersei vs tyrells
>10 years later and we still don't know what happened on dragonstone
not to mention
>the others
and this is all assuming more shit isn't brought up. i first read these books when i was twelve and for the sake of twelve year old me i still love them but jesus christ this shit needs to wrap up, esp. since the show has become such shit.

the show was never good

Honestly I wonder if George won't just have the Others come crashing down and kill everyone in a hail of ice and death. That's a handy way to finish ALL those plotlines: have them get permanently interrupted by the coming of the Others.

you're right, it was never good, but there is a je ne sais quois between s1 and s2. like the first season actually tried to follow the plot of the book. the only continuity butterflies they fucked up were jeyne poole and khal drogo killing that bloodrider.

So, after watching this series and seeing how Martin in his SF books wrote about the same fucking thing over and over again I can conclude that he's not a hack per se but an unimaginative cunt.

Cersei blows up King's Landing with Aerys' wildfire stocks after Tommen dies. Dany finally arrives and sits the throne, now queen of the cinder.

The Wall comes down, Others invade.

Euron is the final boss. He becomes the new night's king (book definition, not show) by marrying a female Other and makes his seat at the ancestral ironborn castle of Harrenhal conveniently right next to the island where the first men and children of the forest made their pact, right in the middle of Westeros.

Final battle on the frozen god's eye lake begins, bringing all plot threads back to the fucking crossroads in the riverlands. Jon and Dany team up, Euron defeated, Arya's wolf pack helps out. The dragons die.

Bran finally shows up at the very end to negotiate a new pact: Westeros is redivided back into its constituent kingdoms, Others go back north, Dany goes to live out her life the only place she was truly happy: the house with the red door. Bittersweet ending.

Jon Snow and Denaerys marry, and are crowned king and Queen of Westeros.

Hence, A Song of Ice and Fire

The Dorne subplot is only shit in the show user, in the books it's great.

A Holding of the Door

>shit would need a lord of the rings type budget to get it right.

Game of Thrones budget is more than LOTR. N

GoT budget per season: ~60 million, for around 12 hours, that's 5 million per hour.
LOTR budget per movie: ~100 million, for 3 hours, that's 33 million per hour.

not literature

It was Ned Stark's death that ruined the scale? Don't be such a cunt, you saw the Iron Throne well before that. You knew how small this shit all was.

My opinion as well. It has never happened nor will it. It just serves as a cheap twist to ruin othereise good stories.

The Death of the Author

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Who cares? It's shit.

Minas Tirith was lacking in the movies too, user. Jackson's trilogies were trash.

Books will end with Euron vs Stannis or Jon Snow taking his place if Stannis dies.

Cersei dies after igniting the wild fire and they find her impaled on the throne, not wanting to let go of the power. it signifies.

The Hound leads a peasant uprising and kills his zombified brother.

Aeron's religion will be his undoing just as Ned Stark's honour was his.

Euron takes Lady Stoneheart as his Other Bride. Meanwhile, he plans on raising a massive kraken from below the depths of the sea, so large that nobody will be ever to do anything about it. Meanwhile as this happens, Daenerys has arrived in King's Landing and learns the Three Heads of the dragon are the only one who can stop it, being her, Tyrion and someone else. It ends with Tyrion, Daenerys and the other third head riding their dragons and launching the iron throne as a makeshift spear into the kraken, killing it.

Aeron by the end of the series will have cast aside his religion.

Davos and Sansa co-author A Song of Ice and Fire.

Jon, Tyrion and Daenerys being the champions of Westeros all dance along to this tune as they travel across the kingdom in a parade honouring them.
youtube.com/watch?v=T7hHx7gdN68

Oh, and the Valonqar refers to Theon helping come up with a plan to defeat Euron or one of the other younger Greyjoy siblings.

For genre fiction standards, are these at least worth reading if you enjoy pulp from time to time? I keep seeing a complete box set of these books in those budget book stores you get everywhere in the UK for about £10 or so and I think it's tempting.

I understand. I think humour should never be limited or censored, but sometimes I can't quite joke the rudey-poo things that other anons can.