Are books sexist?

Why else is it that women make up half of the people on the planet and have never written any masterpieces?

Is this thread dumb yes Are you dumb for making it Absolutely

>i don't read
it's terrible how the gays are underrepresented too isn't it? :^)

yes, patriarchy and specifically phallogocentrism elevate male thought and enable them to be in positions to be lauded for their thoughts in the first place

No, estrogen just rots their brains.

>empty and meaningless replies
Thanks for outing yourselves roasties.

I am a woman and I will be the most relevant author of the 21st century. Nobody has ever tried this idea before, and I am a genius for attempting such a monumental feat of social engineering for literature.

>No, estrogen just rots their brains.

Is that why all /pol/ posters and people who continually drive doqwn the zeitgeist here like you do religiously suicidal mentally ill people?

Samefag.

>roasties
>implying only women are better read than you
why are you so hard on the faggots, user? it's not like if we let them write books they'll only write about that time they had a really good tea cake, or that time when they were fucking all the ass in berlin before the war came, or something about pedophilia in tangiers. i'm sure if we let them write something and get it out there, we'd find out they have other things on their mind than faggot shit. canon needs to listen.

Truuuu

Shut up now

>Is that why all /pol/ posters and people who continually drive doqwn the zeitgeist here like you do religiously suicidal mentally ill people?
Haha your post doesn't even make any sense. Good luck with the author thing, maybe you'll con a few other dumb roastie whores and nu males into buying your drivel.

Embarrassing.

I will not be oppressed. Literature needs my faggotry; you have shown me the way. #firstfaggotauthor #first #faggot #author

>Haha your post doesn't even make any sense.

Let me rephrase myself.

If men are so smart a majority of the time in a group, statistically speaking, explain /pol/, and the unemployed mentally ill suicidal people who populate it.

>explain Veeky Forums

what? did some faggot steal my idea and write a book about tea cakes already? what if i made it french and called it a madeleine to really push the faggot angle, so literature can finally wake up and remember faggots are real too? i'll throw in a dyke if you think i'm being too male orientated. i really appreciate your critique

A majority of the men of the internet, especially those whit,find themselves in the position to make themselves seem as smart as possible with egos engorged to the skies, leading to much suffering.

>leading to much suffering

muh feefees

Isn't that what men get angry over most of the time? Annoyance comes from somewhere, doesn't it.

silly, fefe is never angry. you're mistaking him for a different animal.

>reads and writes
>claims to not be a huge fag

Yeah, an animal like you lol.

i'm not a faggot. i'll have you know i wear a skirt when i fuck men or use my literacy skills in order to prevent becoming one tyvm

fifty shades of grey has already been written

fuck off twilight reader

what am i looking at

average roastie who posts on Veeky Forums

though more men are fucked up, the degree of their issues are minuscule compared to those of roasties

what the hell is a roastie

let me refer you to the image in the OP

english people. frog posters like to rip on them and roast beef is an insulting term for english person in french

give me some context. assume i know nothing about this issue.

It's what virgins with undeveloped humor glands call women.

Women who don't care of their vagina (i.e. those who post on Veeky Forums) end up with their insides hanging out.

Fuck off cunt.

I know that picture is just a sandwich, but it's still making me horny.

All masterpieces have been written by women (9 of them).

How tiny is your dick.

>dancing and looking at stars is writing too
it's seven, you tit

This sounds like it was written by a grumpus wumpus desu senpai

Middlemarch is a masterpiece in ever sense.

9 inches. What's the diameter of your cumhole?

The roastie sounds a bit angry.

>he has a big dick
>he brags about it like he hasn't even read the romans, let alone the greeks
kek, i love when the plebs try to get by on looks alone. when did you last shit, dorian?

Off my board. Shoo Shoo. Stop lying about your dick.

>tumblr
I raise you.

>h-his dick is twice the size of mine, h-he's lying
Loving Every Laugh
Every
Laugh

Do you have a blog, darling?

why don't you read some literature on the subject and find out?

Empty and meaningless OPs get empty and meaningless replies. You establish the precedent of quality for a thread.

I'm and I'm not lying about my dick, i'm just checking out the damage i'd do to priapus here 's if i taught him greek from the dorian era of sparta

>asking a question is meaningless
You think you're being cute but you're just betraying your dropout status.

Yes.

White dudes are ugly more news @ 11

I wish my dick was that big. I do.

>I'm and I'm not lying about my dick

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Don't be disingenuous.

Post the blog.

no

>insult the guy talking about his 9 inch cock
>some retard thinks i'm talking about my cock
puns and classical lit aren't your strong point, are they?

Come on, I want to see how fat you are.

what does someone lying about their dick have anything to do with "classical lit" in this turgid thread

I just want an answer

I stopped exercising but I'm around 133 last time I checked. I used to be really stronk.

You don't have to project.

>133
skeleton or manlet?

A lot of tumblr girls are fat, I just want to see if you are too.

because this retard can't quote chain, and i'm writing posts about literature on a literature board because i guess i have standards for myself even when discussing sex.

Futa.

Yeah. So are a lot of internet boys.

This thread isn't about literature. We can talk about Alain Badiou if you want.

Come on just post the link, chubby.

>This thread isn't about literature
Keep dodging the reality, roastie.

It's not happening.

Ok.

This thread isn't about literature. I did it.

You didn't.

post dick

>roast beef trying to derail
delicious

>are books sexist
>not wanting to go with the range that gives you from all the fucked up shit books can give you
>wanting the thread to be about dicks only instead
>badiou
>out of all the literature of getting it on in humanity, you picked truth procedures stop you from ever in2 love as love, but we should concern ourselves with truth procedures
I see why you're into 2d, I won't force an authentic human relationship on you, I apologise as a social formality.

Nah. I did it compellingly.

We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves

I didn't read this post. It didn't have content.

Do I have to Venn diagram the content sets which overlap the post for you? Or did you just try to drop Badiou like nobody reads him to someone who has?

No I just don't see the point in seriously responding or discussing why I like Alain Badiou somewhat. This isn't the thread for that.

This is really, at its core, a thread about me.

user, how long have you thought you were a sexist book? I'm interested now.

>how long have you thought you were a sexist book?

God, it's been ages since it started

I'm not.

When I was 18 I noticed that my arms were book jackets.

On due consideration I have more questions:
Do you have a title?
Are you finished or a manuscript?
If the latter, are you a fair copy or early draft or what? Are you going to be a happy story or are things a bit Myra/Myron in there?

>Do you have a title?

The Autobiography of Connie Marble

>Are you finished or a manuscript?

I'm always being written :)

>If the latter, are you a fair copy or early draft or what?

Who's to say. I'm just a book.

>not answering the sexist question
user, I trust you on this book shit, but I think you're lying about being a sexist to get published, which is some serious cryptoNazi bull.

>cryptoNazi
don't use terms you don't understand k thx

I am actually a live lizard being.

you are though. whatcha gonna do about it?
how did you fuck up the nepotism to not even be able to get published then? you have to be a seriously bad writer or dick to fuck up being a lizard person.

On the contrary, I've never been as powerful as I am now. I have diamond encrusted scales. Give me a year or two I think.

with diamond encrusted scales you should be able to pump out at minimum a novel and sketch the trilogy over the course of november and be considered a respectable writer with a major advance and film deal. if it's taking you a year or two, you fucked up being a lizard person.

>with diamond encrusted scales you should be able to pump out at minimum a novel and sketch the trilogy over the course of november and be considered a respectable writer with a major advance and film deal

All good things take time desu.

Time is a social construct. All heavy things take time is a material construct. You fucked up in any rational construct of lizard people tho

Not really I disagree.

>I disagree
awbaaaaaw write me a book about it.

sssss ok sssss

I think it has more to do with the social function of writing. Being reductive I'd say that writing is a form of pea-cocking, a sex seeking behaviour, as is all art. Obviously the product of the impulse transcends its origin and we end up with great works of lit but I'd say that impulse is more commonly found in men, at least in traditional gender dynamics, hence the discrepancy. Also obviously individuals are not trends, so we have accomplished, brilliant female authors. I think to call it phallocenterism is maybe partially true in some cases but not really a good explanation. Wuthering Heights is a great novel addressing universal human themes, it is not a "women's book" in the same way many great novels are not "men's books".

Or it's because through most of modern history women weren't listened to, and we couldn't vote. Pre-Modern history was worse. Post-Modern history is where all of that has ended though.

I think that's fine enough. Occam's Razor.

>Hipparchia laughing at housewives with her hubby.mosaic
Or, you know fuck all about female authors and thinkers from those eras, and believe some bullshit because you like to lie to yourself you know about male writers from those periods too and the only reason you're missing females is the world doesn't have any. Human vanity's been the simplest explanation since forever.

Yeah, a big contributing factor. Although I think we see this trend persisting into the modern day, isn't there that stat about men submitting x times more manuscripts than women. To establish whether women currently are denied a voice we have to establish whether they're attempting to be heard as much. Also I think women dominate in many areas, romance and such?

Also you can pretty much say anything in few words and then chuck Occam's Razor at it.

Group B don't make as much nice cheese as group C

Group B are crap at making cheese...

>To establish whether women currently are denied a voice we have to establish whether they're attempting to be heard as much

Many things are new to a people only valued for what could be extracted from them.

I think there's more fact based explanations then "women are biologically inept at writing" or "genes say women don't get into writing", because they're getting into writing much more.

I know I'm writing.

>>Or, you know fuck all about female authors and thinkers from those eras, and believe some bullshit because you like to lie to yourself you know about male writers from those periods too and the only reason you're missing females is the world doesn't have any. Human vanity's been the simplest explanation since forever.

What on earth is this even trying to say.

History has a history of a lot more great published women than you think it does. You like to think it doesn't because you like the story where those women don't exist. I think the reason you like this story more than reading great women writers is ultimately going to be a blinding vanity like the Greeks used do so well.

>History has a history of a lot more great published women than you think it does

I know, but many popular authors that could have been weren't, for very obvious reasons.

>You like to think it doesn't because you like the story where those women don't exist.

I...don't? I never said that?

>I think the reason you like this story more than reading great women writers is ultimately going to be a blinding vanity like the Greeks used do so well.

Do you ever reread your sentences and go, hm this isn't very coherent I should revise them. I know I got that problem. You should work on it.

Read 'A Room of One's Own'.

>I spend a lot of time thinking about why idiots think that whoring is "empowering"

Conforms to Foucault's rejection of the repressive hypothesis tbqh

>1st Wave Feminist

kek

requesting more dank strawman memes