Graduated on May the 20th

>graduated on May the 20th
>been working menial jobs since while living at home
>remember sitting at home watching the French Open final when Wawrinka beat Djokovic

>graduated on May 20th, 2015

Welp, I'm officially a loser.

Other urls found in this thread:

ets.org/scoring_opportunities
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As in college or high school?

Why aren't you applying to better jobs?

We both know his degree is unemployable.

The whole "college is for the enrichment of the soul and intellect" meme sure hits hard when you have to stare at the void that is life and your first student loan bill.

t. b.a. history with honors, 2005

University and I have had various interviews with good employers for graduate jobs but passing myself off as a normie in interviews is hard

I have an English degree too, if that's the one you're thinking of. I've got a pretty great job.

You should try to do what I do then--do you live in the USA?

>ets.org/scoring_opportunities

Check the online ones, a BA in English qualifies you for several.

I can't believe you think this is a "pretty great job."

Why wouldn't it be? I get paid $19/hr to work from home and don't have to speak to any other human beings. You can pick what shifts you want too.

It's more or less perfect for hermit types who'd still like something more than a freelancer's income.

>$19/hr

lad, while it may support your cocoon lifestyle, that is not a great job. You make less than half what a nurse makes.

Should've double majored, little buckaroo.

Of course I do, but I don't have to touch other people, which nurses do. I also don't have to teach children, which teachers have to do for only ~$5k more. In that, it's definitely cozy. I obviously wouldn't advise it in high cost of living areas. Some of my supervisors live in places like LA, where that would be ridiculously poor.

Anyway, it's especially great if you're still in graduate school. The work is low-key enough that you can work on plenty of other things while grading.

This thread has nothing to do with literature. Go home frogposter

what is this, amateur hour?

Graduated 2014
unemployed, only leave my room for meals
2 attempted suicides for attention
havent talked to a girl that wasnt my mom since college

What is your degree? Don't get discouraged, I'm sure there's a nice, comfortable position waiting for you. Cheer up.

Butting in here, it is a pretty good job because he is working from home. This means he doesn't have to deal with commuting to and from work and dealing with people. Compared to for example nurses, the amount of disgusting shit they have to deal with is huge. He can take breaks when he wants, and since he's at home he's infinitely more comfortable taking them than if he were at a workplace. Yeah he doesn't earn as much, but he has more time on his hands. So unless you want to be some career-climbing monkey at a big company, having a decent job where you have the possibility of working from home while still earning enough to sustain your style of living is perfect. Obviously the best would be some kind of job where you earn a lot, really a big fat pay check, while still having a decent amount of free time.

>menial jobs
Jesus Christ, OP, just go teach English somewhere foreign. It's not rocket science.

Then you have to learn and master that foreign language. Even so, its not as easy as just getting a job teaching english somewhere

It used to be ridiculously easy for unlearned plebs to become English teachers in Japan or Korea, no need to know either language. That was 10 years ago last time I checked, not sure how easy it was, I do know that the dodgy private English schools in Japan imploded.

>Then you have to learn and master that foreign language
False. They want you to speak English.
>its not as easy as just getting a job teaching english somewhere
Why not?

i watched that too op

i rooted for wawrinka from the start and i know nothing about tennis. the faces of my tennis obsessed friends... delicious

>Why not?
what website to i go to to appply

are you going to say what you do or just fag bout the issue?

Depends on the country, of course. Years ago a site called Dave's ESL Cafe had adverts from all around the world, not sure if it still does. But there's a million things online.

I already posted it, user. It was my second post You described it better than I did. I didn't want to throw in buzzwords like "work-life balance," but as jobs go, it seems like one of the more perfect ones for that. You don't have the stress of a freelancer trying to find new clients and communicating with others all the time, or the stress of a sysadmin who has to be on call fairly often despite the working from home (though it does pay more).

The lack of commute is one of my favorite bits of working from home. Living in a big city, traffic is often absolutely horrible. I never have to wake up and think, "I don't want to go to work, I don't want to get out of bed." I can just stay in bed.