On Innocence

Frogposter raised an interesting question. I know, weird.
Innocence is the only thing unnatainable through self-improvement, a critical but essential flaw, so that life works according to Godel. No book can help you learn unlearning. Or, perhaps, there exists literature somehow capable of returning you to childhood without nostalghic method of approach?

All new age self help repress the ego willful ignorance shite calls for a return to childhood pretty much where you're ruled solely by whims and emotions

Again, there is a method you can't conceal. Say I read a book on how to supress my ego and actually manage to do so; but I have the knowledge that this only happened because I forcefully performed some techniques. There is always an unerasable trace of method, no matter how many layers you conceal it with.

>so that life works according to Godel

Are you drunk?

No, it is just that my English is sub-par.

>innocence
>unattainable

Baptism/confession
Ez pz

There is only forward. You cannot go back. That kind of alchemy always fails and just turns out malformed people like adult babies, bronies, and that weird dude who won't shut up about children's cartoons. Just take up the mantle of adulthood and don't look back. It's the only good option

It is not that I crave it so much; but the impossibility of it seems damning. I never played or wanted to play guitar but if my fingers were cut off, I'd want to learn it in an instant.

Congratulations you're boring

At least I can emulate Johngreenian quotes on any topic.

If you are the least boring person you know, you are probably boring; if the opposite is true, you are definitely not.

I don't really understand that desire. Personally, losing my innocence was a far more painful experience than having lost it. It feels like I can somewhat manage the burden of the world now rather than having the nasty surprises of the adult world lurking around every corner.

ego loss through deep meditation can help to learn unlearning if that makes sense

It doesn't. Your post has zero value.

>not knowing the philosophy of eastern religions
shiggidy

the obvious answer is biology:

either weaken the egos boundaries with drugs. temporarily, of course.

or go hardcore aka. lobotomy.

Innocence is just the romanticization of ignorance while corruption is how a pleb understands enlightenment.

turtles all the way down

I, too, wish that I could go back to the times where I suckled on my mama's tattahs frequently without getting weird looks.

This. Innocence is nostalgic at best. Life is more fun when you know the dangers and pleasures of life.

Go out, get drunk, smoke cigarettes, do drugs, have sex, achieve something significant, live life. You lost your proverbial innocence years ago & there's nothing you can do about it. Kind of like a chick wanting her hymen to grow back - it just won't happen.

May as well go out and see the world and enjoy it without caring too much. Because there aren't any other interesting options.

I think you are reffering to the 'stage/station of nether thought' (非想非非想天) in the realm of arūpya-dhātu from Abhidharma-kośa.
The ritual of meditation and prayers can be seen as a hypnotic device to help one to concetrate so that they can shed their shells of ego gradually, like an onion. First one reject and subsequently accept their own desires, then they see the false dichotomy between the material and the immaterial, then to accept that you cannot exert perfect control to the outside world and accept that weakness, then to inward perection, to the acceptance of the illusion of an ego.
Um, think of it in this way, imagine you are in your room, then you mentally that the objects in it out of the room, your cup, your bodypillows, your pink floyd posters, your books, your bed, your shelves...To the point you are in an empty room, but wait, it is not so empty, there is the dust dancing in the sunlight, there are the floorings and there is the concept of light, and so you laborously move them out, until there is nothing, just you and you in the idea of a room.
Then you remove the idea of a room.
Then you remove the idea of yourself.

I think innocence, in the sense of not reversion but transcendence, can be attained from this ritual of shreding away your mental baggages. But, personally, I think the buddhists are asking too much :/
pic kind of related

Read yourself some William Blake.You'll learn that innocence is a limited state of being.

This

What do you mean with "losing my innocence"?
It is a particular event or a gradual transformation?

I think he's referring to his Uncertainty Theorem?

he must have done it!

>No book can help you learn unlearning.
Commence with the Chinese.

if you want the experience of it just do some psychedelics or mdma

>No book can help you learn unlearning.
The more I learn the less I know

t. Socrates

>uncertainty theorem
lmao keep it up gents