Wtf am I reading?

Or rather, should I read it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nSVGlO5m0jU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No

no

Yes read it, but be aware it's fantasy YA shit

Why do you jerk offs have a stick in your ass about Murakami?

Murakami used to be popular and (over)hyped so it caused a lot of backlash that stuck because of memery.

Plus that book's kind of lame. It starts off pretty good, but the ending is a total anti-climax. Real Veeky Forumserates know that his best book is Hard Boiled Wonderland and The End of the World.

read Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, it's better

he's popular and Veeky Forums is a bunch of contrarian faggots who think they're special because the read the Gospel of Eve or some shit

Aye, HBW>WBC>KotS

Murakami isn't astoundingly profound, but he's not trash tier like Harry Potter or Game of Thrones.

>ending
>anti-climax
>help I don't understand how plot works
>help
>help what is literary fiction
>help my autism is slowly killing me

Is hard Boiled Wonderland genuinely good? I don't know if I want to invest time in it when there is so much
A) Murakami backlash and
B) people only giving a shit about Norwegian Wood and Kafka

And evidently the only one I read was 1Q84 (big mistake)

Could you explain what I did wrong other than throwing meme arrows at me?

Just be aware that 'the best murakami' is still shit

you apparently don't understand that the climax isn't at the end of the book, especially not if you're reading literary fiction, in which there generally isn't even a climax

In most novels the climax usually is near the end. But oh no I did say "at" instead of end in my earlier post. I'm a big pleb please rape my face.

>especially not if you're reading literary fiction, in which there generally isn't even a climax

no?

why do we have these fucking Murakami threads once a day? is he really that polarizing of an author?

same tbqh

Its not really every day, you usually just see a week old one where a piss fight hasn't stopped. And apparently yes he is

7 posters in this thread, about 3 for, and about 3 against.

He does seem to be polarizing, at least for angry unwilling celibates. I say he has a place on this board even if he is a reddlt magnet.

>Kafka Tamura
Hehe clever; he alludes to the popular check writer. Did you catch it brothers? He is probably so intelligent

>Hegel spouting girl
>insert shit about the world spirit

For some reason the hipsters really like Kafka Tamura

youtube.com/watch?v=nSVGlO5m0jU

There's better Murakami. Anything he wrote after The Windup Bird Chronicle isn't very good.

Not even Sputnik Sweetheart?

To be honest with you, while not being good literature, his books have a really comfy feel to them.

It's decent, great as a light read with just enough depth to be interesting.
His best works are A Wild Sheep Chase and Dance Dance Dance, though.

Did anyone here see the theatre production of Kafka on the Shore? It was pretty well done.

>check writer
ye but back then it was called bavaria, which was part of the australian empire

Good point fampai, you win this round...

>A Wild Sheep Chase and Dance Dance Dance

Really? What do those touch on?