Would Veeky Forums agree with this?

Would Veeky Forums agree with this?

no

I don't agree with any. Did you just search “World's Greatest Movie” on Google? Also, I think “The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask” is deeper and more relevant on an artistic point of view. However, personally, I doubt you can be “well-read” and still play video games, watch series on television or read comics.

Pet Sounds is good.

Citizen Kane was just 'look at my breakthrough with cinematography‘ but only the beginning of the craft and far from the greatest achievement.

Sopranos is shit.

James Joyce is a meme.

Watchmen, maybe.

Zelda, not even close.

People who say Ulysses is their favorite novel are mostly tryhard pseuds

>james joyce is a meme

Reddit pls go

agreed that Majora's Mask is the more artistically/thematically rewarding Zelda game.

bad reddit! bad!

>sopranos is shit

Opinion discarded.

Oh buzz off you spaghetti munching fuck.

Only with Watchmen

>James Joyce is a meme
>Watchmen maybe

I'm crying

>Citizen Kane
>the beginning of the craft
you're a fucking moron and should learn not to talk

I'd replace Watchmen with Gaiman's Sandman, and Ocarina with MGS2 maybe. Ocarina is a decent game, but it's really not the shining beacon of the industry everyone seems to think it is.

And before anyone pops up calling me a Kojima fanboy, I don't see myself ever playing MGS2; it just differs from the majority of gaming in actually having something to say.

The world of comics is not particularly deep, user. What are you going to recommend as the pinnacle of the art? Love and Rockets? Maus? Persepolis?

Watchmen probably balances the depth of writing and the 'conveyed through images' balance of comics at their finest. Go back and read it again if you're still mad it was turned into a mediocre film.

American-core bretty accurate

Pseud

Ulysses is great book, but not the greatest
Comics are books, not their own medium
Citizen Kane is more innovative than great
I don't watch much TV, so I can't really comment on The Sopranos
Pet Sounds is okay pop, but there's more to music than just pop
Video games haven't yet reached the point where they're more than just time-wasters

Please enlighten us as to all the other films before Kane that used flyaway scenery shots and deep focus.

Oh wait, it was the first, you Bicycle Thieves watching hack.

Fixed.

decent, still shit.

I don't agree with the concept of the entire right side of that chart, so no.

Isn't the Pathologic remake supposed to come out this year? I've held off because the translation of the original is complete dog shit

Tbqhwy I don't read comic books, it was just the hilarious juxtaposition of criticising James Joyce, followed by praising a comic that got me giggling.

Also seriously what the fuck is the point in trying to pick a single piece of art from a medium to be "the best", that's such a superficial judgement. At least pick most innovative or something.

The remake is going to come out later on, but the new version of the original game with reworked translation is already out. Thanks to the baffling amount of donations, the remake is going to be really different from the original game, that's why they're following this schedule.

Neither of those things represent the "beginning of the craft" though. You could say Birth of a Nation being the first wide-release, proper, "film", or Battleship Potemkin to introduce montage theory, because those things are much more fundamental to cinema.

>I'd replace Watchmen with Gaiman's Sandman
Christ no. Sandman is 80% pointless references to mythologies and DC Comics world and horribly plotted when it comes to longer narratives. At best it's just spilling neat ideas around on the floor. Watchmen is far more defined and elegant. If you don't like that one, other possible greatest comics might be Maus or Asterios Polyp.

>Comics are books, not their own medium
If you actually think this you know nothing about comics.

I haven't listened to Pet Sounds, but I doubt the greatest piece of music ever is pop.

Fix yourself then.

Ulysses: Solid choice

Watchmen: Don't know anything about it so can't fairly judge it

Citizen Kane: Good movie but hasn't aged well

TV: haven't seen it, sounds like a boring drama that they add guns to so men watch it

Beach Boys: Some surfer music my grandparents like. bad choice if you are under 60

Zelda: Its all nostalgia value. aged like strawberries

bad troll is bad

destroy the whole right column

I am being sincere. If you would point out where you have problems I will further explain my reasoning.

>Sopranos is shit.
excited for the new GoT episode man?

I would disagree on Ulysses and Pet Sounds. Ulysses is great, but nowhere near the best ever. Pet Sounds is one of the landmark albums in pop, released after the Beach Boys outgrew surfrock. Check it out if you've never heard it. Decent pop, but also not the best ever.

>haven't seen it
Yeah that's painfully obvious.

Also, the Sopranos is a drama about the Mafia. Never seen it, but I think its target audience was mostly men.

>Never seen it, but I think its target audience was mostly men.
??????????????????

What, am I wrong? Again, I've never seen it.

any girl with an appreciation of literature will enjoy the sopranos.

mad men and the sopranos are television equivalents of literature

>James Joyce is a meme.
>getting memed this hard.

The Sopranos is much more than a drama about the mafia, and there are actually very interesting and nuanced critiques of gender roles throughout the series.

nothing on tv is high culture like literature

i'd include Breaking Bad, Lost and Game of Thrones. the 2000s-2010s is going to be considered the golden age of television

because you haven't watched them

>Game of thrones

Nope. The greatest film ever made is Tarkovsky's Solaris.

Each of those are pleb-tier. They're they literary equivalent of a Stephen King novel.

It's actually Stalker

Girls hate sopranos,although you are right about Mad men .But that's not because they have an appreciation for literature at all.

from what i have seen/observed women are more likely to go with the crowd for the sake of conformity solely.

I am not implying men don't,they sure does(with the capeshits and all) but they atleast enjoy those shits unlike women,who rather force themselves into it(in general).

You should watch more .

I second these.

t. pleb, get some taste before you embarrass yourself in real life

D-do you know where you are?

humans like what other humans like

"tryhard" and "pseudointellectual" don't mean anything

All of them are sub standard garbages(apart from B.B,which was decent) ....Go watch band of brothers,The People v. O. J. Simpson and wolf hall.

Yeah it's not like we can evaluate standards or quality on our own.In that case,i'd suggest you to speak for yourself only.

>Yeah it's not like we can evaluate standards or quality on our own

I don't know if you are being sarcastic but this is true. our idea of standard comes purely from the external

Tv shows are all shit, industrial crap for the degenerated yankee. Change the gamew ith Deus Ex and the comic with a good manga and we are talkin.

And "external" don't mean other humans necessarily .Nor do i entirely agree with your statement either./

Needless to say conformity for the sake of conformity is not as same as conformity for the sake of a common interest(in this case,a common taste) ,as i mentioned earlier.

Standards may come from the "external" ,but the ability (or the lack of it) to evaluate is personal.Lack of which was the main concern.Which you clearly missed out

The milieu of a board becomes known when you are unable to tell the difference between the trolls and the idiots. When someone argues for GoT and Breaking Bad being good television you know that Veeky Forums is dead.

Is this thread serious? People praising Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones while no one mentioning The Prisonder and Twin Peaks..?

This is true especially in case of the nerd culture and women.And with a growing amount of men are falling for the capeshits,the number of women indulging in capeshits have also increased even if they don't enjoys or appreciate it to begin with.

You have to do better than that,user.

>literary equivalent

you mean television equivalent?

So in your worldview, are women capable of genuinely liking anything, or is it all because of their biological drive to get the d?

>The Prisoner
High-five me bro

All of them have that ability,But they hardly exercise it, for the sake of getting the D and group security.

And it is a world wide phenomenon .

You could just as easily say the same thing about Veeky Forums (regarding group security, not sex), or any other group of people.

top kek

Welll sure you can,but conformity for the sake of conformity is not as same as conformity for the sake of a common taste.

The part about "taste" or "standard" aren't even relevent on the case of women.

Now it is certainly a generalized statement and can't vbe applied to each of them individually.

I feel as a man I spend a lot of time trying to arrange for women to receive the D, I don't know how much time they spend trying to obtain it but with the logistical work I'm putting in I feel it can't be much.

Almost everything on that is reasonable I suppose but

>Faggot Sounds

>Legend of Reddit

Literally fuck off.

No, for the whole time I watched Breaking Bad, I haven't enjoyed a single moment of it. Western television has had almost nothing noteworthy after 2000. Maybe some cartoons are somewhat good (Xavier the Renegade Angel, Wonder Showzen, Futurama, and South Park is still airing).

For some reason, the Japanese have everything to say when it comes to series.

Conformity for the sake of common taste is conformity for the sake of conformity.

Mate it was decent desu,i mean watched it with me lads and it was a fun time.However i would agree with you on GOT.

As for cartoons i generally stick with the old cartoon network's ones.They aged quite well imo.

That isn't even the best version of Rite of Spring by a longshot.

The Wire is normie shit spouted by pseudo-hipsters that want to stand out in a party.

Sunset Boulevard is alright I guess. Not really a masterpiece.

you're the meme m8

No ,it isn't.

They are conforming because of the common taste ,here the taste is relevant to the individual .

However in the other case the taste is merely a ploy to seek group security.

There's hardly any group security(comparitively) here in Veeky Forums to begin with.

Citizen Kane is overrated as shit. I'm not going to suggest an alternative but despite being a seminal work its only slightly less cardboard than the naïvely optimistic Frank Capra films of the time.

Is it that difficult to admit that the best movie ever is 2001: A Space Odyssey? Wha kind of edge does Citizen Kane or any other film has on it?

>t. student of intro to film

Exactly as a male you are obviously more concerned with giving the D .IMO that's one of the main priorities of being a male.Which gives a certain competitiveness to the male.

And that kind of competitive individualistic pursuits is hard to carry out if you tend to just "fit in" among the crowd for the sake of group security.If you do then you are less likely to spread your genes.

However that's not the case for women,all they have to do is stick to the group and get to select the right mate .

I enjoy the naive optimism of Capra. I hated them as a kid but now that I'm in my 30's I have grown sentimental.

But how do people here arrive at their taste? Why is it that the same books are discussed daily, with little variation? What makes the taste of a Veeky Forumsizen relevant to them as an individual, while the taste of a woman is somehow irrelevant in that regard? From where did you get the idea that a woman would be incapable of enjoying a superhero movie, while a man's enjoyment of the same is unquestionably legitimate? How thoroughly have you even considered this theory of yours?

I agree that there is not much group security on Veeky Forums. However, this is a place where people who otherwise wouldn't be part of any group congregate. When you're desperate you'll take what you can get.

Citizen Kane is a masterpiece as far as technical achievement.

>reductive inaccurate biology
Oh nevermind, you're just a dumbass

>the sopranos
>not six feet under

nope

>What makes the taste of a Veeky Forumsizen relevant to them as an individual, while the taste of a woman is somehow irrelevant in that regard?

What makes you think that women aren't a part of these "Veeky Forumsizens" yopu speak off.

>Why is it that the same books are discussed daily, with little variation?

for many reason,mostly because of memes and shitposters.Secondly because they have certain merits which attracts the like minded.

> From where did you get the idea that a woman would be incapable of enjoying a superhero movie, while a man's enjoyment of the same is unquestionably legitimate?

i already mentioned that it was a generalized statement .However yes women are less likely tp appreaciate capeshit(which is a good thing) much like how men are less likely to appreciate chick flicks IN GENERAL.

So is 2001, but hey, it also has interesting things to say.

I'm not even educated, this is coming from years of cultivation based on individual endeavor. Citizen Kane is a good film, but nothing as special as the aforementioned.

Nice to meet you,femanon

>anime
>better than anything on Westerner TV

Kill yourself. Both are just meant to be entertainment. Is that your way of justifying being a weeb with no life?

Be gone you turbo pleb this is the best possible chart.

For anyone unfortunate enough not to know all these masterpieces of their respective mediums.

from Left to right

Samurai Flamenco for anime
Inhumanoids for cartoons
Woman in the dunes for film
The prisoner for tv
Metal Slug 3 for vidya
Sexy Voice & Robo for comics
Ice for lit
and Earth 2 for music

But why? What makes capeshit a masculine genre? It's mostly just shots of big dudes in tights, for fuck's sake.

>What makes you think that women aren't a part of these "Veeky Forumsizens" yopu speak off.
Oh, the old "you're actually the sexist one here" gambit

MGS2 doesnt do anything creative with the video game medium, it simply uses it as a vehicle. Majora's Mask would be much better, but at the end of the day video games arent art

at least Watchmen's message is indelibly linked to its medium

>but I doubt the greatest piece of music
album

greatest ALBUM ever, not piece of music

>Sunset Boulevard is alright I guess. Not really a masterpiece.
try harder

What makes you assume that i think that it is a "masculine genre"??

>It's mostly just shots of big dudes in tights, for fuck's sake

so is pro wrestling and MMA.And their fanbase is majorly consists of men instead of women.Much like capeshits.

And if you need further proof and is honest with yourself then go look up this cancerous nerd culture and the gamer grillz.

>Oh, the old "you're actually the sexist one here" gambit

I never said you were sexist,why would i??It's not like that you said anything sexist to begin with .

>not maus
>not true detective
>not majora's mask

>Both are just meant to be entertainment
I know that, but apparently, somehow, some anime were able to overcome and overturn the disadvantages of their commercial identities. In "being meant to be entertainment", there is the potential of commentary in the form of self criticism and a lot of anime employ that (especially Anno, Ikuhara and Kon are masters of this).

>any comic
>any film
>any tv show
>any video game
>"album", not piece