>age
>location
>current book you're reading, and how do you like it

21, Los Angeles

Reading the Lime Twig, its pretty cool so far I guess. Liked Hawkes short stories a little more I think.

24-26 (i can't ever remember
murica midwest
The Recognitions
it's really good, famalam.

ur moms house
my diary it's a masterpiece 2bh

>18
>Tennessee
>The Fountainhead. It sucks. Thank God I'm almost done with it.

How do you not know your age?

i just don't ever remember, after the 20th i just forgot and stopped giving a shit.

19, UK, A History of Philosophy Vol 6

22 Portland

Samuel Beckett's Molloy. It's okay I guess.

>23
>Florida
>Myth of Sisyphus

Really liking it so far. It's gotten me interested in absurdism in general and is making me want to read some Kierkegaard.

NYC
The Recognitions and it's great. A top 5 book for sure. As much of a tryhard fag as Otto is, I'm sort of starting to feel sorry for him now that I'm on part 3. He basically got what he deserved, but Willie G. is just relentlessly fucking brutal with his characters.

18/f
Cali
Lolita. It's good. It gives me . . . ideas.

>16 t b h
>NJ
>Gravity's Rainbow, good so far

18, eden prairie

American psycho
It's ok, but it needs more action. Nothing happens in the first 100 pages

hey it's my drunk buddy. how are you drunk buddy?

>23
> The West
> LOTR The Two Towers
It's a pretty good book, unsurprisingly.

The build up is worth it

dude, seriously congrats. that seems like one of the most difficult spooks to rid yourself of. did you just forget what year you were born? erased it?

Oregon
"Platform" by Michel Houellebecq

It's pretty dark, funny, and honest.

Sober today, but pretty good, you?

Check your license user.
Also I don't believe you.

22, mexico
Metaphysics

I like how confident Aristotle is about his superiority. Especially over Plato

>21
>DC
>Atlas Shrugged

I like it.

no, i remember my birthdate, but i just don't do the math. i figure it's really not a big deal, i usually just say i'm 25, and be done with it. no one really cares when they ask. it's probably just an apathetic thing. the only thing i worry about lately is not reading enough, i'm a dreadfully easily distracted guy.
heh, not bad, not bad. that guy tryin to call you out for bein what gaddis lampooned, i was thinking about that and realized that even gaddis himself was being lampooned if you take it seriously enough, i dunno.

This never works dude. Stop posting it.

Wausau, Wisconsin
Milkbottle H. Really weird but really good.

Spring Hill fag here. What city are you in?

i used to tell people i was 23 until my fiance was alongside me and pushed me, saying "hee hee user, you're older than that". i was genuinely confused for a moment, years don't make any sense anymore. everything blends all together and i just forget. I don't do the mental math to make sure how old i am, either.

>25
>SoCal
>Jorge Luis Borges Collected Fictions

>21
>Italy, Venice

Reading/re-reading The Social Contract and Democracy in America for a course.

Torn on my next leisure book tho. Have to decide between:

>Sword and Citadel: The Second Half of the New Sun - Wolfe
>The Place of Dead Roads / The Western Lands - Burroughs
>The Gay Science - Nietzsche
>Spinoza: Practical Philosophy - Deleuze

Recs?

Utah
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Having trouble reading it desu I'm not a huge fan of the writing

Murfreesboro

>30
>Florida
>The White Goddess - Robert Graves
It's fucking fascinating and a bit spooky for personal reasons

Texas
The Power of Myth
have yet to find my bliss

Eww

He did lampoon himself, yes. Both as Otto, who shares some blatant autobiographical similarities with him, as the various depressive alcoholic frat boy ad-men you see towards the end, and even more directly as "Willie" who's constantly told he's writing for a small audience.

When it comes to satirical writing, I think you have to be willing to be the joke in order to tell it to some extent, otherwise it's just self-righteousness.

>Shitty roads
>Shitty library
>Shitty traffic
>Shitty people
>MTSU
What's not to like?

MN/WI
Alternating between "MacDiarmid - Poetry of the Self" and the Collected Poems of Robert Browning. I browse more books while at it.

NC
House.of Leaves

s'cool

>mfw itt

>17
>Brazil, Rio de Janeiro
>Faust, Part Two

I often feel etheral when not struggling to understand it. I feel more amazed by Goethe than the book itself, man was a genious.

>26
>New Zealand

War & Peace: The Temple of Dawn, Tender is the Night, and Bloom's Western Canon and Shakespeare.

War & Peace is super comfy. Enjoying Temple of Dawn more than most Mishima. Tender is the Night is perhaps one of the comfiest things I have ever read. Bloom's books, while having a lot I disagree with still contain plenty of interesting and insightful criticisms.

26 here, whats it like being 4 years older?

22, Massachusetts, finished To the Lighthouse about an hour ago. It was alright. Woolf can turn a pretty phrase, but I can't help wondering what the fucking point was.

>age
Just turned 24 last week

>location
Connecticut

Read 'After Dark' by Murakami over the weekend. Kind of a fun read, I guess. Gonna start Double Idemnity next.

18, NY. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. It's pretty good I guess.

Dominican Republic

Dr. Zhivago, Its good.

>age

>location
Brazil

The KJV and the Greeks. Read Criton today, enjoyed it.

>26
>32
>4 years older
???
This and that guy who's too "apathetic" to subtract his birth date from the current year.
Can litfags just not into maths or what?

>22 (had to think)
>California central coast

>JR -- William Gaddis
Halfway through. Extremely referential and dense, occasionally (rarely) at the expense of aesthetics. 8/10 narrative descriptions are beautiful, the rest tend too much towards endless strings of similes and adjectives. Tends toward snippets of absurdity, and I wait in constant anticipation for these moments: they really are the highlights.

>The Peregrine -- J.A. Baker
Fantastic. Worth every gram of praise. Wonderfully poetic despite tendency to reuse descriptors with relative frequency--I found it only added to cohesion. And yet, the technical section was even more beautiful to me (although I am only halfway through). It just had such a sense of bottled passion, trembling in desperation to pop and slice the eyes of any reader with less than complete sorrowful empathy with these beautiful birds. There is so much hope and joy in me that peregrines continue on in America.

>Don Quixote -- Cervantes
GET ME OUT OF THIS FUCKING INN AND BACK INTO THE SHENANIGANS, MIGUEL

hey, don't attack me, i just don't care enough.

>the best kind of throat fucking!

>Dominican Republic
lmao must be sad to live in a literal shithole

Underage

Norman, OK

Fusion Heart

It's decent space opera

Buenos Aires
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
I'm on chapter 6 now, unsurprisingly loving it, and I say unsurprisingly because having already read some excerpts from an essay the author wrote on Kafka I already knew we had much in common in terms of interests. It even made me take an interest in the history of the Czech Republic which I thought was impossible.

I also started Grande Sertão because I thought it would greatly help me in the process of learning Portuguese, but it's secondary at best for now.

Meath, Ireland
The Beginning of Infinity and it's awesome

How's that book you mentioned 3 years ago going?

>actually reading gasautist's YA drivel
Absolutely haram.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if you were gasautist himself trying to promote it.

Wellington, NZ
Just finished Giovanni's Room, onto Europe Central (what in God's name have i got myself into e hoa?)

in your pic, what is meant by "disciplinary critique"

22, Tennessee

Just started "The Killer Angels," only on page 20 but so far its not bad

You're only 90 minutes from Cookeville though

Why do you have to try and bring other people down for things they can't control?

Have you read it? It's a little "Hero with a 1000 faces" for me, but it's not bad.

Chile
The dream of heroes, from Bioy Casares. I started recently.

No, obviously not. But I've seen him posting shit about it for months on end and it sounded like the worst thing anyone here has ever talked about writing.

San Diego
The Unconsoled (Ishiguro). I am liking it so far, though it is very unlike his other works.

>18
>Russia, St. Petersburg
>"V.". Fun but perhaps too much fun, hard to take any "deep" passages seriously. I liked GR more.

>18
>Georgia, U.S
>The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoevsky

From Russia, reading American lit.
From America, reading Russian lit.

Both 18. Pretty cool

Not that it's the "end all definition" of literature, but it's already getting good reviews on Amazon and goodreads.
I'm only about halfway through and so far it's what I expected, but it's going to need a really good ending to warrant my attention for more books.

just turned 21. canada. Bloody Chamber + shorts by Angela Carter,, and A Supposedly Fun Cuck by DFW....my vocabulary is expanding a lot. getting tired of seeing shit like "prothalamion" and "catafalque" on every page tho desu

Shit. Forgot to ask what you're reading.

cordoba, arg
azul...

Ohio
The Bible

California
Being & Time, which I like a lot, it's much better than Being & Nothingness.

>12
>his parent's basement
>game of thrones

In The Heart of The Heart of The Country by William H. Gass. I'm only a couple of pages into the first story so I have no opinion so far.

Nice.

Oklahoma
Treasure Island

It's ok, but I saw Treasure Planet way back when I was a kid, so I keep expecting goddamn solarsurfers and cyborgs and space pirates.

Doesn't e hoa mean hello? How does it make sense in regard to the sentence?

USA
V., It's pretty great. First Pynchon I've read and I'm really enjoying him overall. The chapter about the death camp was disturbing as fuck, and quite jarring to be honest, but Pynchon's prose is incredible.

gramps

>20
>Colombia
>The catcher in the rye

I started today and am at chapter 8, I know it's just starting but I still don't get all the razzle dazzle about it. The book is real comfy and I've found the character relatable, so far seems mandatory lit class read back in high school tier tho.

>10
>Australia
>Captain Underpants, Goosebumps and anything written by Andy Griffiths

>23
>London
>Consolations of Philosophy

I just read it at 25 and it felt like a waste of time up until the last chapter. Not that it had some profound resolution, it just wrapped up the theme nicely and the writing is cozy.
>posting selfies on Veeky Forums
>having shit taste in music

>thinking 30 is old

wew lad you're gonna have a rude awakening

> ???
> Costa Rica.
> Ligth in ugust: It's pretty good, i like the crazy religious people who kill and insult other religious people, it's funny.

23, Missouri

Been reading Thus Spoke Tharathustra, but I've only been able to read in chunks. It's pretty good, but most of my time is spent drawing or working so I don't often have time to binge on it.

'Zarathustra' my bad. I need to go to bed.

>23
>Indianapolis
>Consider the Lobster. DFW is a master of the English language, more so than any author I've read (note that I have yet to read many authors). But I'm excited to finish it, as then I'm beginning The Crying of Lot 49.

NYC (Bronx)
Fordlandia
>tfw only person who reads in the whole Bronx

Houston
Red Dragon
I like it.

>18
>Florida
>Brave new world, its the second book that Ive gotten into, im starting with easier reads, Im loving it to be honest, its very fast paced, and isnt pretentious

I haven't read enough to say anything about the contents themselves, but the cover is pretty I guess. It's the NYRB edition.

Quit data-mining.

Flo-rida
Just finished The Wind-up Bird Chronicle, wondering what to start next.

D-do you really think they're doing that? I mean I did find it suspicious that I suddenly saw an influx of Gaddis books where there'd previously only been two at this one barnes and noble recently...

Los Angeles
Letters from a Stoic - Seneca, it's a bit gay but still good.