Who is the Jeff Mangum of literature?

Who is the Jeff Mangum of literature?

David foster Wallace. They're both memes

IGNORING meme status. I hate how internet culture tends to completely disregard heartfelt stuff and turn it into a joke. Even as I'm typing this I'm thinking of the million fucking threads about semen staining the mountain tops that happened a few years back

Philip Roth.

Anne Frank

Salinger. This comparison is made a lot because they both made one significant work that is extremely popular with young people and then went into hiding.

>tfw ITAOTS has been my favorite album since I was like 11
>tfw it helped me realize the strangeness and beauty of existence
>tfw everyone probably just thinks I'm riding the bandwagon

timothy

The ITAOTiSm has spread

IN that he wrote one thing about Anne Frank I guess

Not really the right board to ask this but is the singing on itaots ironically bad or is magnum just a horrid vocalist

I get a lot of Mangum vibes from the more abstract parts of Ulysses

"Aware of their greed and cunning he shook the powdery crumb from his hands. They never expected that. Manna. Live on fishy flesh they have to, all sea birds, gulls, seagoose. Swans from Anna Liffey swim down here sometimes to preen themselves. No accounting for tastes. Wonder what kind is swanmeat. Robinson Crusoe had to live on them."

I don't think about what you think about it

>I hate how internet culture tends to completely disregard heartfelt stuff and turn it into a joke

thats basically the big message of new sincerity works like IJ and ITAOTS

Adolf Hitler

both wrote about jews so close enough I guess

>I hate how internet culture

Baby, dat's humans in general.

I mean, drunk Frenchmen in the 1500s set bags of cats on fire for fun, then let them loose.

Imagine if the average bard from back then walked up and tried to tell them something "sincere" about treating other life fairly?

He would have been called a faggot, and laughed at, like the IRL OP he was.

It's a sincere voice is what it is.

Who is the Rivers Cuomo (1992-1998) of literature?

Elliot Rodger

It's so weird too, like NMH is really a cultural phenomenon. It would never be as popular as it is without the internet. And even then, it somehow manages to evade "IRL" culture and remain ever prevalent on the internet one.

It's bad but unique. It's still bad though. Which ever is more important is personal preference. It's still super stupid when people start saying how amazing he is at singing

A sincerely shitty voice

Rivers Cuomo actually had sexual relations with women, though. He wasn't filled with the same anger as Elliot Rodger either.