Guilty pleasures thread

guilty pleasures thread

Why guilty? Did you just want to show off?

>semiotext(e)
Pretentiousness incarnate.

this is why

I like to think that if we know that we're pretentious shit for liking this ( in my case), we're reading it in the good way. It's activism.

always have my ereader with me...

...always have a semiotext(e) in the bag for when I take the city bus that the college girls ride

Yeah, I'd feel pretty guilty if I studied applied math too.

These books are pure wank but they can be fun if you play along
Apparently most of what semiotext(e) publishes is like this

University would be a much better place if only pure math majors were allowed in. All the people I know who are into lit study pure maths. All the literature students I know are into garbage.

I haven't spoken with a literature student since undergrad haha.

My guilty pleasure is Ulysses by James Joyce, Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon, and Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace.

How do autists that study pure math even have the emotional capacity to understand literature? I'm a Chemical and Materials Engineering student with a minor in English and Philosophy, so I'll have to agree that stemfags enjoy reading.

orthodox marxism

(it's fun to dismiss everything as ideology or bourgeois and claiming only the economic base matters and we need to take control of the factories)

Behead All Satans

>guilty pleasures

wearing my wife's underwear and wanking off to fat black girls

laughing at this post

Tiqqun is fucking great but I worry I'm getting put on a list every time I load their shit.

why worry, youre already in a list if you browse or post here. and that one is uglier.

>How do autists that study pure math even have the emotional capacity to understand literature?

Beats me. There are however people who study pure math who do not lie on the spectrum.

Also, chemistry and engineering both suck, applied nonsense, taking it up the butt, etc.