Surgeon here

Surgeon here,
Any good medical related books? Like Frankenstein?

Which type of surgeon?
What school?

fiction or non fiction?

Tree surgeon

Cardiovascular, graduated from John Hopkins
Either. If non-fiction, I'd like it to have some intellectual property to it, but nothing crazy. Just things to read on my little bit of time off

Checklist Manifesto
Emperor of all Maladies

Check out Mark Houston MD

Bloodletting and other miraculous cures by Vincent Lam.

I will refrain from offering my opinion of it.

If you haven't read Atul Gawande obv Atul Gawande. Quite enjoyed When the Air hits Your Brain and Do No Harm too.

Radio 4 do a few odd medical bits that are pretty good. The last Reith lectures were done by Gawande around Christmas. They had a sort of historical drama thing years ago called Medical Detectives that was like a look at historical medical problems like the Cholera outbreak in London in the mid 19th C.

I feel like there's some obvious fiction shit I'm not thinking of, so might post again after a nap. Tell tale heart?

Are you worried that you'll have a job in ten years or so? Srs btw

Not really. I feel like i'm in a pretty secure position

I think you're an undergrad who tells everyone he's PRE-MED
and not actually a cardiovascular surgeon from john fucking hopkins

noone like that comes here

Insofar as you consider Frankenstein medical-related, maybe L-F Celine's later books (starting with Castle to Castle) but he's a general doctor, not a surgeon

No, I do indeed have my diploma. It's not like i'm some magical creature, i'm sure there are plenty of people with successful careers on this board currently

Pic of diploma pseud

Kek.
"do not infringe on my loser virgin board, normie! xD"

(another user, not the surgeon one)

I believe you user. My best friend and I were both real strange English and Philosophy double majors. Both 4channers, and he stranger and more twisted than I by far. After we got our undergrads he went back to school for medicine. I still can't believe that this guy, who absolutely hates most people, is going to a fuckibg doctor lol.

can't believe any of you aren't neet but

bulgakov - a young doctor's notebook
chekov - ward no 6 and other stories

Farabeuf

More like …
Don't say you've attended a school like Hopkins for your M.D. on an image board full of NEETs without backing it up.
(Same user, not the surgeon one)

Saturday by McEwan is about a neurosurgeon

I understand that it makes you feel better to think so, but you shouldn't be so voiceful about something you don't want challenged. No, this board is NOT filled with NEETs.
t. STEM PhD

I think a bit of misanthropy works okay 2bh. The people people people become massive cocks when they get disillusioned im(limited)e

Richard Gordon's "Doctor in the House":

there was a brilliant section where one of the students was taking a practical exam in obstetrics. they had a dummy mother and a doll the student was supposed to deliver but the baby was stuck. he applied the forceps, put one foot against the mother's hip and pulled as hard as he could.

he flung the baby and the forceps across the room and kicked the mother dummy off the bed. the examiner picked up the forceps, handed them to the student and said "now hit the father with this and you'll have killed the whole bloody family."

I read Arrowsmith by Sinclair Lewis for a class on the history of American medicine.

I actually have heard of those. I'll pick them up sometime
Lol you see some weird people become doctors. Fun story, while in medical school, I was friends with this one guy who seemed incredibly happy and he was a top student
Recently, he was arrested for malpractice on a patient. Apparently e intentionally killed a patient out of anger

I'll pick it up Also will pick up.

Thanks for all the replies. I have to get back to work

When the Air Hits Your Brain: Tales of Neurosurgery by Frank Vertosick MD

This is only tangentially related, but Bringing Out the Dead is a good book about being a paramedic (if you like PTSD.)