Matching sets

Post books of the same edition, r8 b8 h8, /r/

>the possessed

cucked

Great idea for a thread, OP.

so its good?

ikr?

those make me erect. i have on the road and i had a JR library copy it was so tasty

yeah

I've got some more now, might take a new picture later.

nice

Found these when looking for nicely illustrated folk tale collections.

>reading subpar novels solely because of muh publisher muh cover aesthetics
keep going pal

Which ones do you think are sub-par?

Still working on completing this one, it's been excellent so far.

It's hard to be certain I'm getting the right edition, not the one with the white border on the cover.

I've always loved this Vintage Kawabata set.

And here's one just slightly not-matching enough to piss you off.

I've always really wanted to like Kawabata but I can't help the feeling that he's 2japanese4me

I can't get used to the obliqueness of his style

i'm usually too disorganised to assemble matching sets like that so this will have to do

I've got all the schocken kafka but don't feel like taking a picture. That's the only complete set I have of anything.

>falling this hard for the meme

That's like 1/4 of my Greece/Rome collection and I'm still enjoying the hell out of it.

Have fun having no foundation for any work of literature, history, philosophy, and poetry that you read :^)

I got all these the other week for about a dollar each. I'm hoping to get the rest of the series in this version now--I have no clue why the U of Chicago Press editions don't have the illustrations.

That Dick looks way better than my Vintage Dick.

neat spines on that decline and fall set

No, the Vintage editions are so much better in every way. Their gross 90s designs are fucking PERFECT for dick in the modern era and the replacements are fucking lame first year design school dropout bland shit.

They replaced art with shit and Dick is worth more than that.

I like the print on the Mariner editions better but I agree about the art.

Oh man that uchicago greek drama set is awesome!

Mayor of Casterbridge is so good

because of the success of this thread, i believe you are a guardian an(on)gel and i will read it when i finish all the shit ive started

>purity
>C&P
>Zero K
>Stoner
>Eeeee Eee Eeee

that's amazing, where's buddenbrooks though

I'm just missing one of them, A desumanização.
Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.
RIP Cosac Naify ;_;7

that's actually wicked

Sabe papu

I love you

it's bad, psh

Nice! New Directions are a shitload of fun to collect and look gorgeous.

I have these.
Only matching books I have got.

From top to bottom:
First is Notes from the underground
Second is Tao Te Ching
Third is Chess story
Fourth is The art of War
Fifth is The Prince
Sixth is The Black cat and other stories

Two editions of The Mayor of Casterbridge in different matching sets in one thread.
This means something. It is an omen of some kind.

>mfw csak A háború művészetével és A fekete macskával van tele a szaros Líra

When I get home, I willl take a pic asap.

it means you shouldn't get drunk at the fair dude

Az szar.
>your local libri you only have Nietzsche

hey grandma

What edition is that?

>he thinks because a novel isn't popular it must be subpar

How do you like the loeb editions? I've been thinking of picking up a few but they're pretty expensive compared to other editions.

I only buy them when I can't get the material from cheaper publishers (oxford, penguin, modern library). With that said they are of undeniably good quality, and I always enjoy reading them more than cheaper versions. Besides the cost, the only downsides are the typically very limited introductions/annotations, and the sometimes clunky translations. But they've been re-translating a lot of texts in the past few years, so that second issue is becoming less prevalent.

If you ever go deeper into the Greeks/Romans you'll be all but forced to eventually buy Loeb. The price was so high compared to other books that I thought I wouldn't ever have more than one or two Loebs, but now I have about 30. You can get them used, especially on abebooks, but you're unlikely to find the newer translations unless you buy new.

The Vance Integral Edition. Basically, a group of fans (~300 of them) came together and set out to publish a set of books where all of Vance's work had been restored as close to the original manuscripts as possible (since Vance has been subject to editorial alterations throughout his career).

just learn latin and greek already