This is basically Pynchon as an action movie

This is basically Pynchon as an action movie

Too low brow even for Pynchon, Tarantino is pretty much French New Wave for morons who've never watched French New Wave but think Tarantino's style is exactly that.

It's no more low brow than Inherent Vice

tarantino fans are tarantino fans because they like tarantino films, not because they're trying to live up to your taste for french cinema

Inherent Vice is a million times better than that crap.

It really isn't. Hollywood trash doesn't become more artsy for being completely incoherent.

No, Pynchon isn't literal garbage.

James Ellroy is closer and even still he's way better than Tarantino.

I like Tarantino but tbqh it's mostly because I rarely sit down to watch movies and don't take them very seriously when I do. If I want serious, moving, dramatic art, I read a book. I watch a movie when I want to watch cowboys or gangsters kill each other. Sorry /tv/.

How so?

Try watching films instead

>Sorry /tv/
>Implying /tv/ has any better taste than you do/

You and every frustrated dipshit autist virgin here need to learn that there is in fact middle ground between not liking something, and it being "literal garbage."

I don't have any desire to. I spend that time reading.

Honestly, Big Lebowski reminds me of Pynchon the most (or at least what I have read of Pynchon.) Funny stoner gets wrapped up in conspiracy.

>not watching kino

>French New Wave
rec us some FNW senpai

can someone explain to me why this is supposedly one of the greatest movies of all time? Literally nothing happens and there's no deeper meaning to it.

The way it toyed with chronology was almost unheard of in 1994. And the characters are fucking awesome. I don't think it's Tarantino's best movie, but it's definitely the best-written Tarantino movie.

Nah. I think the Big Lebowski fits that title perfectly though.

not even fucking close

Because it's bloody, fun, extremely quotable, and is essentially just unconnected vignettes of memorable moments with memorable music.

By the end of the movie, I couldn't tell if there was a point at all. But it feels like there is. And plus you can watch it with your friends and quote all the dialogue.

It's because faggot redditors quote is 24/7 in same vein they quote lebowski. That's it. He stole everything from Godard.

And by the way, Inherent Vice is a thousand times better.