Chaos magic, also spelled chaos magick...

>Chaos magic, also spelled chaos magick, is a postmodern magical tradition which emphasizes the pragmatic use of belief systems and the creation of new and unorthodox methods.[1]

Reading up on this chaps magic stuff a bit and it seems pretty interesting. Is there anything to be gained from such inquiry? Do any of you have experience in the field? Are there any particular texts you'd recommend to learn more ?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

read The Historical Illuminatus trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson. It's the best possible introduction I can think of.

> Is there anything to be gained from such inquiry?

this much is up to you.

>Is there anything to be gained from such inquiry?
Yes, generally you can induce a psychotic breakdown in yourself if you try hard enough. Indulging in magick tends to involve rigorously fucking with your own head and inducing delusions that are really dangerous and can psychologically scar you for life.

>also spelled chaos magick

stopped caring there.

Put it in the garbage

>Is there anything to be gained from such inquiry?
Yes, dissociation.

mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

This has all you would ever need.

It can be dangerous, but most of the new school chaos magik crowd are old hippies or new age idiots with no balls or brains.
I highly recommend the book in pic related for magic intro, a more solid grasp and actually practical, like the great old RAW.

>It can be dangerous
Name one documented case of someone getting physically injured.

How do I summon a semen demon?

How much money do you have?

>unironical Enochian
>no Crowley
Even among BS, this is BS.
You should feel ashamed.

Every grown man running around talking about magick should be ashamed.

Not talking about physical harm per se but I don't want OP to try some shit and end up obsessed sliting his wrists or addicted to drugs like so many before.

There's a text on the aesthetics of abhinavagupta that may interest you.

It's based on Crowley but without that 19th' century English, most of it is rewriting of Israel Regardie's work.

Got into this stuff around 2008. I think the Principia Discordia was what set me on the path. Then I started reading R.A.W. and McKenna and eventually Peter Carroll and Phil Hine. Made detours into strange corners of the net like little purple notebook on how to escape from this universe and the ghost danse and chaos matrix. From there started studying Yoga and Buddhisma and Thelema and Theosophy and Perennialism. Ramsey Dukes was probably my favorite chaote author though back then. Thundersqueak is a masterpiece at least. Anyway, eight years later, I am now a drug-addicted schizophrenic who's dropped out of college twice and been homeless and hasn't held a job aside from selling weed and acid in five years. I also have hpv warts on my dick from one of the 20+ girls I fucked back when I was on my quest for the perfect orgasm to re-arrange my reality.

None, but I have love to offer :^)

That was a suspiciously coherent post for a schizophrenic. All of the people I've met who had schizophrenia were pretty impaired.

I'm not gonna lie, that actually doesn't sound all that bad.

Nice one, now just give it a name maybe a good arc and you have an interesting character

>Principia Discordia

I would like HPV too. Is Aleister Crowley good to read for that?

isn't Veeky Forums meme magic the highest form of chaos magick?

>Anyway, eight years later, I am now a drug-addicted schizophrenic who's dropped out of college twice and been homeless and hasn't held a job aside from selling weed and acid in five years. I also have hpv warts on my dick from one of the 20+ girls I fucked back when I was on my quest for the perfect orgasm to re-arrange my reality.

classic Anonymous, simply classic

Schizo here. Here's a recommended reading list...

beginner:
ssotbme
thundersqueak
liber null & psychonaut
condensed chaos
prometheus rising
illuminatus! trilogy
cosmic trigger
angel tech

intermediate:
raja yoga
mastering the core teachings of the buddha
the book of pleasure
magick in theory and practice
magick without tears
introduction to magic
the hermetic tradition
psychology and alchemy
the magickal revival

advanced:
three books of occult philosophy
transcendental magic
the golden dawn
sefer yetzirah
liber 777
the book of thoth
the corpus hermetica
the azoetia

>this much is up to you.
Is it useful if I ever want to do a doctorate in theology that up ends the status quo in some way?

That's you on the right, Robert Anton Wilson on the left.

Define useful.

Whose left and right ours or his or theirs or whatever?

Would it foreseeably or potentially help in such an endeavour?

I mean I see belief systems and unorthodox methods up there. Not familiar with this at all and sounds like it might be related.

The poster is actually robert anton wilson so that's him on our left, our right, and the dogs' lefts and rights.

Don't bother with this shit. Just go to church.

I would say it's mostly about direct, personal experiences. Very anti-dogmatic. Useful if you want interesting experiences and are willing to approach it with an open mind and discipline.

I have no idea if it would help with a theology degree. Probably not, but maybe if you like the gnostics? Don't worry about the end result though. That's a red herring.

Church is for slave moralist christcucks though.

Nice buzzwords.