I bet you pretentious faggots can't agree on a definition of 'Post-modernism'

I bet you pretentious faggots can't agree on a definition of 'Post-modernism'.

Other urls found in this thread:

philosophyandmadness.blogspot.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The artistic movement that came after Modernism.

I disagree

I disagree

A contemporary intellectual movement most notably characterized by it's rejection of notions of truth and rationality.

I disagree

post-modernism (n): the last refuge of 'artists' who would be better off as shitty art critics

Rejection of idea of originality and innovation that was main driving force of Modernisim.

Anyone who disagrees is wrong.

I agree

I disagree

It's what comes after modernism

>implying anyone can agree on a definition of post-modernism

Telling other people how pretentious and faggy they are is the new pretentious faggotry.

>shitty art critics
sorry I just realized I repeated myself

The only thing I can say for sure about postmodernism is that it's undeniably less interesting than modernism

John Green calling himself a Christian.

Featherless bipeds after modernism.

Literature has been shifting focus from a broad spectrum to a personal spectrum, with post-modernism trying to reflect the innermost personal workings of the human mind, which only makes complete sense to the one who reads it.

I disagree

But you're a namefaggot, your opinion doesn't matter

Post-modernism is postmodernism

that's the point, you tarded goy

hey dewie is postmodernism nothing but a big meme and pretty dumb all around?

fuck off I'm 6'2 you manlet

listen here dipshart, everything breaks

>even lit

nailed

Modernism: art is imitation of life.

Post-modernism: life is imitation of art.

Dewey, can we agree on a definition of postmodernism?

has anyone ever agreed on the definition of a complex word?

schizophrenia + pastiche = dank memes
see: Jameson

How the fuck would you define "a complex word"?

>Post-modernism: life is imitation of art.
That idea has been around at least as long as Oscar Wilde. Try again

is that what Confucious say?

>ambiguous terms are pretentious now

Its a big idea with all sort of little subnotes.
Just because we dont agee, doesnt mean we cant reach that point through discussion

Of course not

are you fucking serious?
its complex like trying to sum up the current zeitgeist in america (which is kind of what it is).
It cant be summed up easily

hey dewie will i ever get a cute bf to cuddle me always and tell me he loves me

man vs. technology

philosophyandmadness.blogspot.com

"Preliminary Analysis on the Veeky Forums Psyche"

Did you write this? It's somewhat interesting. I don't know about number 4 though. I see what you're saying there, but there are also boards where that's pretty much flipped, and indeed boards that don't involve political discussion at all. But there does seem to be a mainstream conservative undercurrent on the website. Part of it is that conservative opinions tend to offend people a lot more than centre-left or "libertarian" opinions; because of that, people are more likely to showcase extreme opinions/exaggerate their own simply to get (You)s. Other people then see those extreme opinions and, unable to detect the dishonesty in these posts, start to actually take on these political ideologies that they previously would have seen as unsavory. A sort of hierarchy of embarrassment emerges as these opinions begin to imbed themselves in the anonymous culture - those who express ideas that the consensus deems dangerous or harmful are immediately made fun of and laughed at. Because of this, the certainty in one's own ideology is reinforced.

Anyway, it's all a bunch of memes and dreams, and it's actually pretty funny if you take a step back and watch it all unfold.

how fat are you. I'll do it if you're under 130 pounds

i'm 150, sorry i'm a fatty

get down to 140 and we have a deal

Question is ill defined
post-modernism in art? literature specifically? or in philosophy? or as a historical period?
very different answers

probably won't take that long with how little i eat tb h

delightful! the 140 thing is really more of a "proof of work" requirement, and could be shelved depending on your personality characteristics and the nature of your sexual desires. what are your man body requirements?

>look at me guys, I'm the author meta-commenting on my own shit!

>this story is meaningless! let's celebrate that fact with a pretentious stream of nonsense!

agree to disagree about this agreement of disagreements

tb h i'm not really serious about this, but I care a lot more about the face than the body. a good body is always good though

"Complex" is pretty suggestive, my man.

Post-modernism is all forms of art produced during post-modernity.
Post-modernity is a rejection of meta-narratives in favor of personal narratives.

you'd likely like me physically. curiosity question: do you have a sexual fantasy you usually hold back from people?

Is that really supposed to be Joyce? It looks more like Pessoa to me.

the unhinging of enlightenment epistemologies in a post-industrial world that more and more reveals the chaos of subjectivity

I know, I've seen that photo before. The way he looks in that drawing is more Pessoa-like though.

The character in OP's post has a different mustache, and is wearing a neck tie not a bow tie.

Checkmate.

>''''''''''intellectual''''''''''

nah, my sexual fantasies are pretty average, not much to talk about

Fuck you.

Okay.