Who's your favorite Shakespearean villain and why?

Who's your favorite Shakespearean villain and why?

finally the question which cannot be answered with 'my diary, desu'

I'd consider Falstaff a villain because he represents the bad that is inside Hal put simply and sloppily... He's also hilarious.

Fat guy

hes not a villain. i think he just represents some of the weaknesses of humanity in general... not necessarily ina bad way though- he doesnt have ill intentions. we all have a bit of falstaff in us...

Me

my diary, desu

Claudius is a great villain. Brooding, sympathetic, but still inescapably wicked and vile.

Tybalt, because of the dramatic irony of his hate.

Sir Proteus

Masketta man

I think he becomes somewhat villainous when he castrates the dead guy he didn't even kill in the end of 1 Henry IV

The crossdresser in Merchant of Venice
A very clever girl

Edmund or Marguerite d'Anjou.

the Bastard in king john

Romeo because he still gets that sweet pussy

shakespeare fucking sucks

careful with those edges

What edges? It's pretty dull.

Edmund.

Macbeth; he was his own worst enemy.

No, he meant you, not Shakespeare.

Richard of Gloucester is quite cool on my opinion - he is a bit one-sided but his soliloques to the audience make him great. He evolved into Francis Urquhart and Francis Underwood in House of Cards as well which is quite cool

>it's a thread where no one says the right answer but instead their second or third choice to seem like they have more unique taste

It's Iago, beyond any shred of doubt.

Stannis Baratheon

You're right. I forgot about him for some reason. Kenneth Branaugh was a great Iago. Also, Iago is the second largest role in Shakespeare after Hamlet.

Macbeth

The wheel of fortune, Lear

The only villain Shakespeare ever wrote was Brutus

>Demand me nothing. What you know, you know.
>From this time forth I never will speak word.

awful closure desu. overrated as a villain due to an artificially created sense of mystery and depth.

Shylock because he is one of the greatest examples of a kike in all of literature

>tfw my college professor tried to argue that he wasn't really a villain and that his cruelty was simply a result of anti-semitism