Reminder that Hermione Granger in the original series was depicted as white...

Reminder that Hermione Granger in the original series was depicted as white. The covers of Prisoner of Azkaban show a caucasion Hermione riding Buckbeak with Harry. This was from 1999, before any of the movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iFPWwx96Kew
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

also

Reminder that Harry Potter is a children's book series read by second graders. Anybody who cares about this never emotionally matured past the age fourteen and does not read adult literature

so what

This.

There's something to be said about how retconning art to be fashionable with the times cheapens its value.

Harry Potter is not art, however, and Hermione is not that something.

>Hermione's delicious white ass was sticking out from behind a tree.

So what? It's 2016.

>Hermione riding Buckbeak
>buck
>beak

>its the current year

>Seeing white as literal.

I'm not sure an experienced writer would use that expression to describe the face of a black person tbqh. It is misleading.

Damn user. You scared me. I thought it was canon for a second. Who cares if it's for a live production. As long as they don't retcon the books or movies.

J.K. Can backtrack all she wants to rekindle her waning readers interest, but the original art for the books are out and she didn't say word one while she still needed to sell them to white people.
You're a billionaire, bitch. Stop trying to please people.

>hermione's ashy face

That seems more appropriate.

>experienced writer
I'm a huge HP fan (mostly due to nostalgia), but I'll be the quickest to admit how shitty of a writer Rowling is. Her dialogue is laughable and she puts in waaay too much fucking exposition.

Anyway, point is, Rowling uses a lot of expressions in very weird ways.

looks grey to me.

edgy kids get wound up easily by anything in the media they hate but constantly consume anyway, part of growing up. They care because it offends their worldview and they are still young enough mentally to become enraged that other people might do things they don't like, or think they should be done another way as their way is best, after all its their way.

t. can't argue with kids

Well obviously. She was born in 1979 and her parents are both dentists. The chances of her being black with a name like Hermione Granger are almost 0.

The black population of the UK then was less than 1%.

Still, even a poorly experienced writer, especially one of Rowling's stature, would hardly be so obtuse as to describe a black person's face as being "white" - even if it is just an expression.

It is almost as if Hermione was never intended to be black, hm...

Anyone else think Emma Watson is a serious cunt? Holy shit I'd enjoy slapping her.

I'm sure JK Rowling will be sad that her casting a character in a universe where wizards exist isn't 100% accurate to census data

Jesus Christ the sheer autism in this thread.

#greylivesmatter

Harry Potter sucks. Who really cares about any of this?

Nobody would use that sentence to describe a black person. Maybe Asian. But definitely not black. Also character sketches that came out before the books were really even popular show her as white as Ron and Harry.

No i don't, why do you?

Really? Holy shit, I didn't know that!

could be an albino

ayy lmao

Yeah but she obviously cast a blackness charm. I agree that entertainment should stop pandering to people who are still all racially hypersensitive, but it's a little like the toilet seat argument between men and women. Sure, we could put it back down, and sure, they could look before they sit, but it takes an adult to shut the fuck up and find something real to care about.

Mudbloods are already the niggers of the HP world so I can see how this would make a natural fit.

Why does J. K. Rowling have so little respect for the work of art she created that she insists something factually , provably incorrect like "nothing in the books suggests that Hermione is white" ?

Can someone explain her psychology?

Why is it so important to her to try and argue that it is canonically valid for Hermione to be black?

Why couldn't she just say " I like this re-imagining a lot" or "I think this casting is very good and is a wonderful take on Hermione" ?

Why feel the need to try and back it up with something wrong?
Is she autistic?

I'd enjoy slapping her also, but I think our motivations would be slightly different.

>Holy shit I'd enjoy slapping her.

Me too but only if it was consensual.

This is genocide. We must stop the white geNOcide.

>Why is it so important to her to try and argue that it is canonically valid for Hermione to be black?

it isn't. she's made like two tweets about the whole fucking stupid thing. it's turds like this board and /pol/ that have made a big deal about it. i bet jk rowling couldn't give a flying fuck about it. nor could most people in the world.

also, fucking lay off emma, she's my special perfect princess

I'm sorry, but you you're uninformed and wrong.

She has also commented to newspapers.

Bending her over the piano stool and spanking her when she gets the notes wrong, gradually realizing she's doing it on purpose...

I want to set up camp in there

she is trans-black, like a reverse michael jackson

god fucking forbid there be a black character anywhere except one explicitly written to be a token

i wish emma watson was gay for me

I don't get it (the pic). Why a horse?

why don't we have more threads about erotic emma watson fanfiction

>tfw emma watson pulls your hair and you can feel her strapon pushing against your thigh and she whispers into your ear that she read bordo

god i have such weirdly specific fantasies

Harry Potter was written so that Nigerian an Paki immigrants would learn English. Why are you all salty about a negro in negro literature?

Isn't it irritating the appeasement of sjw's?

The vile, ungodly SJW, truly our society's must urgent problem.

STRETCHED

What's ol' Zyklon Ben been up to these days?

It's not like JK came out saying "Hermione's black" she said she likes the idea of it. She obviously envisioned her to be white, but those examples aren't really damning proof anyways, she didn't draw the cover herself and white face is an expression of fear rather than saying "she's Caucasian". Not nearly as gross as when she tried and make Dumbledore to be gay tbqh

Ironically, he's become an alt-right Trump supporter. He's the kind of dork who gets bullied and then becomes obsessed with seeking the approval of his tormentors.

i wish emma watson would stretch me out with her butch phallus haha what is wrong with me that im even writing this right now

It's not even JK that's the problem. It's all these 2016 sjw's.
I like the idea of black Hermione but at the end of the day JK shouldn't feel any kind of pressure to pander to these people. I went to a highland school in the 90's and there was not a single nig to be seen. Overall there were a lot less people of other ethnicities in the uk in general. And for the series - even less wizards. Meaning the majority of students would be white.

her depiction was actually 100% fair.

It wasn't even pandering it was to make herself look better and make Harry Potter relevant again, these sort of statements come about when Harry Potter hasn't been news in like 6 months.

OH MY FUCKING GOD THEY CAST A BLACK DUDE AS JAVERT, LES MISERABLES IS RUINED FOREVER WHEN WILL THE SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS STOP THIS MADNESS

I am personally friends with the casting director that decided Norm Lewis, the actor in your picture, would be playing Javert. She caught a lotta shit.

Again, that's because buttblasted /pol/sters are frothing at the mouth about muh white characters. Do you seriously believe JK Rowling gives an extra shit about this particular theatre adaptation? She's a billionaire who licenses thousands of different Harry Potter-related products.

She's a massive SJW and she already made a billion dollars off of a series she doesn't care about anymore.

Notice she didn't pull this shit when the book series was still going.

Because she likes inclusiveness, obviously.

And honestly, this thread, Jesus Christ. The perhaps worst thing about SJWs is that they've managed to effectively double their capacity for being annoying faggots by creating an equally obnoxious countermovement that gets exactly as aggressively butthurt about non-issues.

daily reminder that the cover on the left was the original featuring a white girl even though the character in the novel was black -- the publishers thought the book would sell less if it featured a black girl

not literature

absolutely disgusting

It's almost as though people respond powerfully and instinctively to a systematic hostility and program of destruction against their culture, traditions, and ethnic identity.

>non-issue

You're posting on Veeky Forums and you literally don't even understand how memes work.

Black people can't turn white, not even figuratively.

>Read Cursed Child spoilers
>Wonder if they're an elaborate troll, or Rowling just went full retard
It's literally Back to the Future IV: Saving Private Cedric: Also, Voldemort Fucked Bellatrix

Do you think you're fighting for a fucking cause right now?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not an argument.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHANIGERIAHA

old hag

Miss Granger, that was very rude. In my office, right now.

When I write about a new character, I don't leave what they look like open to interpretation. They have a certain image in my head.

That being said, if I ever publish any of my shit, I'm not going to come out years later and smirk and say, "maybe he/she WAS black!"

>grandad user, what did you do in the race war?
>why sweetie, I wrote angry posts on an internet board for japanese cartoons

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHANIGERIAHA

>write a book
>it gets published
>jews from hollywood call you, they want to make a movie about it
>they cast a nigger as the main character

my biggest fear

I thought your biggest fear was chronic mediocrity.

I am going to do the opposite. I am going to describe strong, likeable character from great black family, and if my book become famous, after 10 years I will be all "(s)he was white all along. Adopted! Blacks can't be heroes, it is all in white genes."

chronic mediocrity doesnt really matter in todays world senpai

because little girls love horses.

Why would he do that? Shouldn't he be trying to get back at the lefties he hates so much?

Just played through Witch Trainer.

Could it be considered canon?

She's just trying to fuck with people triggered by the casting in the play

I see it as canon for sure, time turner storyline.

The thing is, I am not at all bothered by a black actress assuming the role of a white character. White-washing is nothing new in Hollywood and I think the actor's talent should be judged, not their appearance, which can be altered to fit with makeup and costume if it is important to the story.
What bothers me is SJWs bleating the books left her race ambiguous. Firstly they didn't, and secondly, a Scottish boarding school having a black chick that no one seems to point out as being black ever is ridiculous. Kids aren't like that.

I need someone to tweet Just Kidding Rowling an image of this game. this is urgent.

>the publishers thought the book would sell less if it featured a black girl
>would sell less

if this is not evidence enough for why "mainstream" is submitting to the sjw preference then i don't know what is. remember this is capitalism. remember they are all hollow shells. this is not culture changing. this is capitalism trying to make a buck by appealing to those they think will buy it. it has nothing to do with the roots of our culture/society. ignore the mainstream and free yourself.

>there are no more second graders and no one will read Harry Potter in the future
t. people with no forethought

Do you think anybody ever used hermione's hair to make a polyjuice potion

What makes me angry is not the fucking fact that she's black
it's that the cursed child is the worst piece of fucking garbage, worse-than-fanfiction tier, retarded piece of ass smut that revolves on fucking time turners, yeah that pieces of shit that were "haha woops you destroyed them all let us never speak of these again" because rowling understood they were fucking retarded and you can't rewrite all your books in order to remove them, fucking mary sues and the jesus fucking hell why would you use TIME TURNERS

The fact hermaphrodite is black is meaningless, people are going to be watching A CONCENTRATED BALL OF WRONG AND ASS AND THEY'RE GONNA ENJOY IT
AND THIS IS WRONG

People who cry "racist" are ignoring the bigger picture

It's not about Hermione being white (or played by white actresses). It's about Rowling taking a George Lucas-esque approach to her series and changing/ignoring things as she sees fit, in this case to promote diversity and PC culture.

Hermione is not outright described as being white/black/asian/etc but every other ethnic minority character is.

In the text Hermione blushes, has freckles, tans in the sun, her white face pokes out from the treeline (white with fear presumably), and in book 6 she gets 2 black eyes and is describes as "looking like a panda".

Rowling very clearly intended her to be white and not 'ambiguously gendered' or 'unspecified' like she claims on twitter.

The final nail in the coffin is Rowling's own sketch of Neville, Ron, Harry, Hermione, and Dean.

Here Dean Thomas is clearly shaded as a character with African heritage and Hermione is not.

In 1999 she released another sketch where Hermione again appears as a non-ethnic minority.

Again, the issue isn't having n ethnic minority main character. It's retconning your original vision to appease PC culture.

1999 sketch

>ambiguously gendered

Also literally who gives a shit it's Harry Potter for fuck's sake

Have you guys read the spoilers for the Cursed Child yet? Shit is fucking fanfiction.

harry's son is a whiny little shit who goes back in time to try to be better than his dad and ends up reviving voldemort

The most annoying thing about JK Rowling is that her virtue signalling is a relatively new thing.

How many black characters actually appear in Harry Potter? She didn't give a fook about them when she was creating her world.

Btw here's some evidence of JK Rowling's paternalistic orientalism.

youtube.com/watch?v=iFPWwx96Kew

I'm sick of this trend of idiots taking every character in a novel that is not explicitly described as lily white blonde and blue eyed as being black or at the very least ethnic (though usually it's straight up heart of africa tar black).

Like the wheel of time the two river folk are described as tan... Well no shit they're fucking farmers of course they'll be tan, doesn't mean they're fucking black. Same with the hobbits in LOTR people take them being described as tan as meaning they're black. Yes people based on rural fucking England are totally black africans. God damn revisionist PC faggot cuckolds.

Also, brings a whole new meaning to the term 'mud blood'.

oh my god that is tough to watch. I guess before I write my next piece of fantasy I need to use census statistics for proportionality in race and gender, and then I need to make every personality completely neutral else someone feels like they've been categorized by my depiction of someone else that looks like them.

I'm going to write a story taking place in China where all the Chinese are white lol.

that's funny you say that bc I'm a white male cis het shitlord about to go enforce my linguistic imperialism by teaching English in China and inseminating Chinese hookers.