Are you currently writing anything, Veeky Forums?

Are you currently writing anything, Veeky Forums?

Yes. A memebook inspired by Finnegans Wake. I'm about 65% through the first draft.

Just daily journal entries. I'd like to write short stories but I never have any ideas

yes

a world where male children start to be taught from a young age to be flexible so they can suck their own Dicks. eventually an entire self dicksucking generation is born and they realize they no longer need women to be happy. so slowly women start going extinct and the men start creating more men with test tube babies. the book would follow 2 characters. both male. one character would be a normal guy living everyday life in a womanless world. the other male would be with the last vestige of women. the women have created there own hidden village deep inside the woods where they breed more women. male babies are only kept strictly to be used as studs. meanwhile the women live in fear of the killing squads sent out to eradicate them. eventually the death squad raids the village. killing all the women and freeing our one protagonist. he is then forced to live among men in a city he knows nothing about. the only thing he ever knew was fucking women and he can't even suck his own dick. tragic really.

Fanfiction.

Writing an essay on "decline of man"-style myths and progressivism.

Interesting. What are some of the points you cover?

Are you possessed by the ghost of Elliot "Supreme Gentleman" Rodger?

I randomly started writing a short story the other day and I've finished about a third of it.

I ship sinks in the ocean and two surviving shipmates row to a small island a couple miles away, one injured with a large gash. There's no food beyond the emergency supplies and they quickly starve and the injured one becomes badly infected.

The healthly one uses a hatchet to kill his feverish shipmate, half with the intention of a mercy-kill and half with the intention of killing him before the infection ruins his flesh beyond possible sustenance, but after killing his only companion he can no longer bring himself to eat him, so he buries him on the island.

The following day he grabs two stones with the intention of walking into the sea and drowning himself, but in doing so sees a rescue ship coming for him. He is rescued and tells the sailors he was alone on the island.

Elliot Rodger fucking shot at me.

yes. a module about behaviour driven development for a university course.

Some terribly written shallow fetishy crap.

cool. did you yell and call him a faggot after he missed you

a dissertation for my PhD in philosophy

kill me

Working on a couple of short stories. One is about two cousins chatting at a party, sexual tension is high. The other is about a guy moving into a new house and his next door neighbour has OCD. Another is about a guy who is camping in Hall's Gap, he sees the ex-girlfriend of one of his high school mates. When they were like 17 she had an abortion. She's with a new BF now and pregnant again. She and the protagonist chat a bit

Basically all my short stories are about lower class 'bogan' Australians

When I was a child I wanted to be an academic. It's sad when you come to realise that you never had the necessary qualities.

the necessary absence of qualities

modern academics are bitter losers who do nothing of value

Finally started rewriting the first chapter of my novel. For a fist draft, it came out rather well. The first sentences goes, in Spanish (quotations marks included):

"De nuevo me ven a los ojos los ojos de la noche, y no me devuelven la mirada".

I ain't translating that shit.

Josh cohen writing witz 2.0?

Just random bits of writing that don't really pertain to anything at all. Unfortunately I haven't felt inspired to write a real "story" (with beginning, middle, end) for a while.

I'm attempting to write a book of poetry but really, I haven't lived or read enough to make anything worthwhile.

Nah. I'm not him and this is written more like a normal book.

It's inspired by the information overload and muddled mythology in the wake, but still written in plain English.

No, I threw myself to the sidewalk and sprained my wrist. I went to therapy for PTSD for months afterwards though.

I'm writing about a woman by the sea with an elegant step who drags a fucked up dreambending reality with her.

Also a few essays, one about HB2 theorizing on the trope of the Man in the Woman's Bathroom and one about a 1970s experiment to detect a neutral pion.

Writing scifi tryhard bullshit where there's a bunch of people orbiting a planet in relatively advanced space stations (think the Enterprise but stationary) when the planet undergoes mass extinction and is uninhabitable. Turns out 99% of space program people were men. Oops. An allegedly mad biologist decides that they need more women, and since the only resource they have in abundance is men... you see where this is going. Then interpersonal drama, dead wives, genetic engineering debates, gender identity, murder mystery shit starts happening.

It tries to be funny but it's just a first draft so meh

So do you have a panic attack or some shit every time he's mentioned here?

lol

I usually just eat some Xanax when I see his name pop up.

i've written about half a million words on a website that's buried somewhere in the wayback machine.. been published a few times.. but i don't write any more. i don't see any point.

So you basically said the abyss line.
Muy original

My diary tßh

NO, just shitposting on /litl and /pol/ and casually day dreaming about being an artist. It's too late now i think. I am 32 now. Fuck everything.

kys, grampa

tsh?

tssh

this

i don't believe you

Yeah. It's a crudely drawn picture book about draculas but I can't draw so I have burned enough paper to open a hole in the ozone layer.

Yes. It's a short story about two isolated Nazi soldiers in a bunker in the weeks following Hitler's death. One of them is gay for the other one.

Outlining stuff for a fantasy adventure novel I want to write.

Mostly normal guy gets wrapped up in a build-the-best-champion contest being held by a group of minor gods. I want to shoot for a really whimsical kind of setting but I'm having trouble coming up with a proper map and cultures. Also want to try and avoid the standard fantasy races of elves, dwarfs, and orcs (although I plan for them to show up in one particular circumstance) so coming up with proper races has been difficult too. Have a set of mostly fleshed-out fae and the beginnings of different cultures elsewhere, but not enough for me to be confident yet.

Been on writing hiatus for a while since I went off to college and I've gotten rusty. Need to get back on the wagon. Cutting my teeth again by writing shitty fanfiction because I find 'what-if' situations interesting. Mostly I'm dropping champion concepts from my novel-in-planning into established IPs and seeing how horribly they fuck up the balance of power. Also one story where a hyperviolent, traumatized hobo from a post-apoc setting gets dropped into the current MLP show because the thought amused me.

I'm writing a screenplay about the Modernists in Paris.

I'm hoping it can tread the line between accessible and literary, it's pretty knockabout but informed as well

I am currently writing a draft about a lab cockroach who turn into a human.

Yes. It's a story that is loosely based on my life experiences, just not as loosely as I am comfortable admitting.

In my twenties I was slim and androgynous. I made for a good-looking twink, but I have the worst social anxiety. I would chat with guys on dating websites, arrange to meet with them, and then not turn up and block them because anxiety. I remained a kissless virgin.
One night I was dressed as Tifa with huge balloon tits under a tight shirt for a costume party (yes, I am that sad). I looked flawless, but typical me backs away into a dark corner and just lets the party rage on without me.
Suddenly, two neckbeards dressed (poorly) as Sonic and Pikachu approach me and start talking to me about videogames. They pitched tents when they realised I understood what they were talking about.

Anyway, long story short, I used to only be able to fuck kissless virgin neckbeards and would seduce them as a waifu trap. The bulk of the story is in that they knew I was a guy and fucked me anyway, and that I never used protection because they were virgins.

Outlining stuff for a science fiction/ fantasy novel I want to write

Mostly on how a East European adolescent gets wrapped up in grand conspiracies by different countries while trying to survive a zombie apocalypse. I want to shoot for a Alternate Universe from ours as a way to explain the setting and for later but I'm having trouble on how far I should go for the backstory. Also want to try and avoid the standard urban fantasy cliches and avoid supernatural races of vampires, werewolf, and etc (although I plan for them to show later in my series) so for the first novel and possible second novel is just the guy trying to survive while being manipulated. Not sure if any publisher want my series,

Yeah. I am.

Is it kafkaesque?

[Spoiler]this post :^)

That sounds like a miserable existence.

an essay about Schindler's List
the critical discourse around the film is so disgusting, literally just jews arguing over how much the film does to advance their cause

Surely that will be an enlightening essay skirting all the pitfalls of tired internet bro cliches, I am looking forward to reading it
this is the kind of essay I've been waiting for for years!

it's for class my man I'm just answering the question

my philosophical Leitfaden,
including goals and reminders of how to act socially

I'm writing my MA thesis on some kind of weird fucking hermeneutics of historical/sociological explication and I can't even figure out if it's a real thing anymore

At this point I am genuinely worried I'm going to spend 37 straight hours writing it on some cocktail of entheogens, pick it up and go THIS IS IT.. THIS IS MY MAGNUM OPUS!! and then when actually I turn it in to my advisers it will just be 250 straight pages of unhinged burnout rambling

Book about a guy who isn't asleep anymore and how he feels about it.

Fimnegan's Awake.

Yes, and at this moment I am hating it. I am revising it for (draft #1) of the final draft. I'm at chapter 3/15, but it's so hard right now. Sometimes I just hate it. I absolutely loathe it.

Just got done with a long-ass short story and am starting to send it out to places

Urban fantasy.

I have written a back blurb summary I think I can use, even though my book involves my heroine more as a protagonist.

I had a nice chat about submitting manuscripts for a novel. The guy was a book printer worker and he tried to e encouraging about my urban fantasy novel.

>'
Obsoleetlee Haarmam

Just hit 70,000 words on my the first draft of my novel. There's plot issues everywhere, including a massive one in the first act, but I'm just going to power through to the end and then fix it with a second draft/rewrite.

What happens in it though?

I'm writing a list of names while thinking of their faces. It's a nice exercise.

another writing/editing tactic you could employ is to read it before you add to it, making changes where needed and leaving notes for yourself for future reference when editing. Reading your work before adding to it helps immerse yourself into that headspace and keep a clear picture of your story

Story about group of "artists" who gain notoriety by publicly performing acts of grotesque danger often coming close to death. Delillo is my north star for reference of how it might be.

Yes, life in a sex cult. Some of it involves reading material published by them. 30 pages down so far.

in process of editing a novel about a highschooler who's into that whole fauxcynicism thing. How other people suck so much. Throughout the story she learns to improve and becomes more selfaware

I don't expect it to ever get published because the protagonist is YA and my novel doesn't pat teenagers on the head and treat them like special snowflakes.

You again. If you ever get it published I'll pirate it.

i wrote a poem about a girl

Yeah, that's basically what I'm doing. My draft is peppered with little comments in parentheses.

It's one reason I'm not too worried about the plot issues, as the characters still seem to be emerging pretty well in the writing. I think I need to hit the ending in order to figure out exactly what the beginning needs to be.

Something trying to be Joyce and another something trying to be Pynchon

Earlier this year I wrote a couple TV pilots and a feature screenplay which I'm still touching up, and I'm working on the first act of another screenplay.

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Pls post one day

get out

I've been really into flash fiction recently. I try to write pieces in 420 characters or less. Had some interesting results I think

Races are bad for characters. It create stereotypes you're bound to either go along with or subvert.

No. I've got plenty of ideas but lack the patience to sit and write them down.

I have written in the past, and plenty, but my concentration's all over the place at the moment. I need to reexamine my medication.

If you're just doing the bog standard elves and dwarves yea

GAY

I'm writing a really shitty sci-fi novel right now

Rick and Morty?

haha

gay desu

post excerpt

I write a lot in my journal, mostly about things pertaining to my poor mental health.

Sent a short story off to a lit mag the other day. About a boy obsessed with maps who tries to chart a creek running through a reserve behind his house. His most prized possession is his atlas. But he has a breakdown when he discovers the atlas is old and outdated and Yugoslavia doesn't exist anymore.

>fauxcynicism
it's enough to say "cynical", it is accepted by the people that care that it is enough to still differentiate between that and actual cynics and their values

t. diogenes dicksucker

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! PEPE PEEPEE POOPOO RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NORMIES MAJAR BORE BREKEKK BREKEKK

You think you'll get away with this because there are few crossposters from /a/ don't you?

I didn't think there would be a single crossposter from /a/ on Veeky Forums

Now I'm curious as to what anime this is. The concept seems interesting.

A young adult book, im having fun writing it

I usually start writing when I've accumulated enough experiences to write, experiences that could add to the work, or couldn't I'll later excise. I'm not in a position right now where I think it'd be appropriate to jump into things, though, I do have a solid novel that I plan on writing eventually. I'm working on adding to the outline, but I don't consider it writing. This will probably take years to eventually structure into a cohesive thing, it's better to keep in mind a constant work in progress. At least for me.

post post post ironic masterpiece

an essay titled

original, i know

Yes

How do I learn to write? Is pic related any good?

I have a book of about 100 poems. It's slightly better than I thought it would be. But, needs to be edited and sorted.

It's been done. See: Hypersphere by Anonymous.

Wow you're a fucking pussy

would read, tell me of my people senpai

a novel, some short stories. also prototyping out a few video games.