If you could live in a house with a all the books you ever wanted and enough food and water supply for a lifetime but...

If you could live in a house with a all the books you ever wanted and enough food and water supply for a lifetime but you could never have any human interaction. (No internet no visits no phone etc.)
Would you do it?

No.

Nope

Obviously not.

No, I'd probably give up Tolstoy for a sweet, loving, beautiful woman. Joy provided by another human being is the best emotion.

I would ultimately say no as well user, but I will say that I would be very, very tempted.

Cause what's the point of all that reading if you can never share it with anyone? You could write a masterpiece but no one would ever read it. When you die you might as well have never been.

As I'm not a pretentious tumblr-pseud I'm going to have to say no.

>When you die you might as well have never been.
Hong Xiuquan caused the death of 20-30 million people, and nobody remembers him. In what possible way could you knowing about a few books change how you will be remembered?

Yes as it'd eradicate the worry I have of employment.

depend on how good my life is

atm no, in 3 years yes.

Because my future children will remember me. Yes obviously the universe will die and ultimately nothing matters, but there's the personal comfort on my deathbed of knowing that I'll be remembered by friends and family, that I've been a part of the great chain of life. As opposed to dying alone, unloved and unremembered in an empty house where I lived and died with only paper for company.

Yes, if there's a guitar or any instrument also.

If you're not living in a third world shithole without social security, and not too retarded to download things from the internet, you already have the opportunity to live this way.

No, who would I have to denigrate?

>trade in true life for figmants of imagination

Mental health aside: No.

Add a few more things and yes.
Ability to wander outside(without human interaction), alcohol, cigarettes to name a few.

I would answer

if on top of it, I have unlimited booze supply.

It's essentially choosing suicide by means of old age. Just as a life sentence is really a death sentence.
'Life' is largely defined by what you can do, and taking this option would be opting to do nothing, ever.

No, you didn't list booze and cigars. Fuck that.

>Because my future children will remember me.
Nice wishful thinking.

Believe it or not some people on lit are actually in relationships

I can afford to buy whatever books I want, as well as food and water. So this scenario is strictly a downgrade.