With the rise of E-Books, why are novels still printed today?

With the rise of E-Books, why are novels still printed today?
Doesn't printing/publishing cost a lot of money?

Because people still buy books. What's your point? Are you dumb?

Because it still yields profit. Why would businesses continue to do something which losses them money?

Pretty sure people are buying more books now than in previous years
Some people just don't like e-books

because filling up a bookcase is rewarding

e-readers fabrication coasts a lot too

aesthetics

I hate ebooks.

I hate reading on screens in general. I just download books in PDF and print them out at my office printer.

I'm at work right now, prnting the lliad. 250 pages in so far.

I do this, too. Fortunately I work in an office where a half pack of paper going missing every week isn't noticed.

Trees everywhere hate you.

But really, reading on an e-reader shouldn't feel like you're looking at a screen if you have a decent one. They're pretty kind on the eyes.

Work Study here, I do this too when my supervisor is out.
People do notice though but can't pinpoint it on me . . . at least not yet

>Trees everywhere hate you.

Why? I recycle. Plus, I respect the trees for giving us so much. I'm not even a hippie fag, but I think it's pretty woah dude that trees give us oxygen and paper.

>It's really nice of those negroes to give us their work for no pay

Most American thing I've heard of in a while.
It's difficult to believe that people as pleb as you actually exist.

it's still cheap and they both cost the same in marketing and resources.

I just can't do it, they look like they would feel awful, and they're basically pointless. Also did you know that trees are renewable resource? You can literally farm trees like any other plant and it's good for the environment. You can't renew rare earth metals. E-readers and electronics in general become obsolete very quickly, whereas you can still read books printed hundreds of years ago. Paper book technology isn't likely to disappear but everybody's e-reader, ipad, or smartphone is going to end up as expensive rubbish in an gigantic third world landfill. Little kids will salvage what they can. Smelting down electronics isn't a healthy occupation though.

Typewriters are still being mass produced because there is a demand for them in poor countries with spotty electrical grids. And spies. You can't hack into a typewriter.

Supply and demand.

I actually don't care about trees, I was pulling your leg. But e-readers aren't pointless. A lot of classics and public domain works are free or $0.99. No waiting for it to be delivered or visiting the library- unless that is your go to of finding new books, more power to you. I tend to read on-the-go so it suits my reading habits. But maybe give one a try someday, eh?

I don't like scrolling hundreds of pages it feels like I'm just unrolling toilet paper
Nothing beats turning the page of a book
Also spatialization is very good for cognition, memory, organizing text in your mind and making sense of it, knowing actually where on the page the info and the sentence is
Not just lost in the middle of a limbo of toilet paper in a PDF file

I have some ebooks that I can't find physical copies of for

I love books but travel a lot. I don't have an extensive library at home but bigger than many (just over a thousand books) but the thing is, I cannot take them on my travels, though I typically return with several more books.

That's why I use a Kindle. I fill it up with 5-10 books and have access to them throughout my trip, no extra weight or baggage.

Said the man who posts on a Swahili shaman shat subreddit.

Mate, just sign up for a library.

Because there is still a market for it

There was a 3% rise in print sales in the UK last year. Print isn't dead just yet.

>reading on your kindle

Ebook sales have plateau'd, I think. Or I remember reading an article on that, at least.

>You can't hack into a typewriter.
You can really very easily hack into many typewriters.

I take it you're not that familiar with typewriters.

People still buy them and goods and service that people want are produced provided there is a demand and the costs are less than the profit.

Check out 'economics' on Wikipedia for more info

Ebooks are still a niche market, or at least as far as actually purchasing them goes.

Ebooks are also massively over priced. Some ebooks cost more than paperback copies

No ebook should cost more than $2.99 at the very most

You would have to physically access the documents. You wouldn't be able to electronically snoop in on what the CIA was writing, not even if you were the most elite hacker in the world.

I've tried reading on a phone, a tablet, and a dedicated e-reader and they all fucking suck in comparison to an actual book. And like said, they're horribly overpriced. Why the fuck would I pay the same price for an ebook as I would a physical copy? That's just greed.

Old people buy / rent ton of books

My grandpa would never even consider reading on a screen he always used the library

ebooks are a fad and anyone who thinks otherwise is an Amazon shill.