You ever feel like the world is actually a very rich and interesting place with tons of fascinating things to think and...

you ever feel like the world is actually a very rich and interesting place with tons of fascinating things to think and laugh about and so it's alright that the whole thing sort of feels like some weird confusing cruel joke when you think about it?

uplifting philosophy for this feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpsVvEnR-24
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Absolutely, that's how I feel at my happiest. Like the world is a wonderfully, hilariously absurd place. At my worst existence just seems like a cluttered pointless and exhausting chore.

You haven't lived -- and aren't even close to deep enough (inb4 the mouth-breatheing, #ohsopretentious regurgitators spit out problems) to understanding it -- until you've broken down in manical laughter about The All That Is Going On And Has Been Going On And Will Always Go On.

Today I laughed maniacally after making the joke to myself that spending $30 at the movie theaters is like a whole day's wages. I live in CA. Do I get it yet?

only if you recognise that 90 minutes of shit is what man gains by all his toil under the sun

Yeah I get you. I think this pic pretty much sums it up.

Only I take it that the world is actually profoundly meaningful in a way that cannot be explained or understood rationally and there is a higher, mystical beauty to the world which we are so often deadened to.

Literature is like that one friend who when you go for a walk with picks up all the stones along the path and unearths worlds full of life that were under your nose all along, if that makes any sense. Like when you lift up a stone and find a whole bunch of insects living under it. that's what it's like.

Oh well I'm drunk but I think you get what I mean

Or perhaps you could just save your money and retire early.

That literature description was, ironically, a good example of literature doing exactly what you described. I think that will stick with me.

I agree on the mystical thing too. I feel like all philosophy is tending toward this "openness," and a lot of semi-mystical philosophers and outright theosophers of the 20th century intertwine with the mainstream phenomenological and existential trends to draw it out.

Damn, sorry.

But no. Californians piss me off and seem like stupid, superficial Marxists. What movie: let me guess: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles: Out of the Shadows.
(Ive been drinking too hehe, lo siento no offense meant, it's how we speak to each other here. I'm from FL.

Today OP Was Not A Faggot

by me

Naw I caught up with Civil War.

Talk to me like a Floridian, love.

That image... thank you. I think you are truly right because you speak from your heart.

I'm not a robot, I actually love people and love the world around me. It's myself that I hate.

Yeah well you better. Study that Civil War man because I swear not ALL of us are crazy......... "Institution! (You're driving me crazy!)"

The beauty of living is the fact that there are so many unique perspectives of the universe. You come across many yourself sometimes by accident, and it can open up whole new doors or give you new optimism and wonderment. And the fact that these seemingly infinite number of unique takes on the universe is absolutely unfathomable to us all at once, there are so many THINGS that we can't think of. There are so many little odd nooks and crannies in this rich, deep, and textured world. The simplest stop sign can be a beautiful marvel if looked at a certain way, with certain knowledge or from a certain perspective.

I am not sure if "perspectives" is the right word, what I am talking about is more abstract. I don't know how to explain it and I don't even know if you people know what I am on about.

For instance, I listened to this youtube.com/watch?v=ZpsVvEnR-24
while walking 2 days ago and I got that "feel" again. The feel that I can't fathom how many living beings are living unique takes of consciousness, a grass field can illicit so many different thought patterns from different people. A simple thought or concept can illicit so many different things in the mind as well. For some reason I get random flashes of locations that I have never been to, I feel the tingling in the feet and behind the eyes and the world starts to go fuzzy as I break out of a new mental skin. The universe folds back around me and all of time that ever has happened and ever will happen is zipping past me in a blurry haze. Billions of people are going about their business and I feel all of them through my walls, and I suddenly don't feel alone, but apart of something that I am another representative of.

unique perspectives* of the universe

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse

I meant universes*, not perspectives*, if that wasn't clear from the FTFY.

I know what you are getting at but that is not where I am coming from. I don't mean all the possible splits of reality that are or aren't available, if that even is a scientific fact.

What I am talking about has more to do with the mind or spirit or whatever. If you try to explain it in the literal sense it's hopeless, but through art we can curveball our meanings and hope we contact another brain with the nearly the same original idea.

You can try to explain it any number of ways but words will never hit the mark, because language is beyond simplistic compared to the immensely complex functions of our brains.

yo that song was dope
thanks

Mmmm, I love you my little Floridian. Keep talking crazy.

the world and life can be great, certainly. but some people are able to experience the good in life and some people, by a combination of genetics and fate, never will. i'm of the second type, but for the first, good for them i guess.

>by a combination of genetics and fate

That is fucking absurd. What makes you think that? People are far more complex than that but you've gone and shaped your mold into a square peg when none was necessary.

some people will always be discontent pathetic failures with no hope for enjoyment or fulfillment in life no matter what, they were destined to it by a combination of nature and circumstance. anyone who regularly visits this site should realize that.

>some people will always be discontent pathetic failures with no hope for enjoyment or fulfillment in life no matter what
There is no object evidence that has anything to do with "genetics", there's no clear marker for that. There never will be.

Crock of shit.

intelligence, physical appearance, personality and mental disorders all mediated by genetics and can significantly affect peoples lives.

>intelligence, physical appearance, personality and mental disorders all mediated by genetics

And personality is not. "Mental disorders", in the broad sense, occur for many reasons, some genetic, but those are few and far between, and usually serious.

Blaming everything and your problems on genetics to escape responsibility to yourself isn't only an unhealthy world view, it's profoundly fucking stupid. Shape up.

personality isn't mediated by genetics? thats an extraordinary claim. no one has natural dispositions? and genetics still determine intelligence and to a large extent physical appearance, two highly important traits and affect a person's life.

pretty good feel OP

I think anyone who thinks like this, and is a philosopher in general, must experience firsthand the blackest pit of despair at existence before realising it's all absurd and there was no pit anyway

>personality isn't mediated by genetics?

Correct.

>thats an extraordinary claim

It is not. Millions of other factors come into play. To say that something complex as a human can be decided on the binary terms you're using is laughable. From adolescent trauma to adult brain damage from head injury, life choices and life faults, all make up a personality. How we go about life is defined only by our responsibility.

And blaming your issues on genetics is irresponsible, if you want that to define you, so be it.

>Millions of other factors come into play.

this isn't an argument that genetics doesn't play a major role. just google stuff and you'll find plenty of info on the heritability of major personality traits.
and environment is another major factors and people have very little control of the environment they experience during formative years -- which is why i also mentioned that, for lack of a better word, fate plays a major role.

>And blaming your issues on genetics is irresponsible, if you want that to define you, so be it.
genetics do define you, they define what you look like, what you sound like, your mental ability, they play a major role in your personality. if you're dumb and ugly you have much less chance of experience the positive aspects of life than does someone who is smart and attractive, no matter what you do.

>just google stuff
So you came into this world view by "googling stuff", is it?
>fate plays a major role.
Fatalism doesn't exist, we play roles in other people's lives, other people's failures are not theirs but our own. Parents are irresponsible for letting harm come to their child, etc.
>genetics do define you
On what terms?
>they define what you look like,
Your personality defines what you look like far more than "genetics", nothing your saying is evident.

>your mental ability
Again, nothing your saying is evident.

>if you're dumb and ugly you have much less chance of experience the positive aspects of life than does someone who is smart and attractive, no matter what you do.

So correlate ugliness with stupidity? This is preposterous bullshit.

>the world is actually a very rich and interesting place with tons of fascinating things to think and laugh about
No, not at all. It feels empty and dull. I have considered the things which people tell me elicit the feelings you describe and they are hollow to me.

I feel more like the world is a superficial facade and the only ones showing their true selves are animals.