At what point did she cross the line from "untalented, but honest and earnest writer" to "complete fucking hack"?

At what point did she cross the line from "untalented, but honest and earnest writer" to "complete fucking hack"?

publication of the philosophers stone

When she started retroactively changing parts in her books to fit the times.

the moment I registered for my high school's young republican club.

at what point will you stop being a whiny fucking turd?

Is Miss Rowling a "MILF"?

sounds like something richard dawkins would tweet desu

she's the milf queen matey

I don't think so, she has that I'm-old-but-I-try-so-hard-to-look-young look

Dubs confirm it.

Order of Phoenix

Never, since she's talented.

Obviously it's a bit of an exaggeration to call her untalented, but it is very bizarre that she seems to have become so different post-HP. Maybe she's just always been like this and Twitter gives her a farther reach, but it's still very odd to me that she's willing to divulge stuff like "Harry and Hermione should have ended up together, I was just sad so they didn't" and "lol Dumbledore was gay all along!1!" when she could have just left well enough alone.

This.

But you also have to remember that it is hard to write a YA fiction series over the better part of a decade. Obviously your audience gets older and the YAs who read the first part where filtered out around Order of the Phoenix, leaving only absolute pleasure plebs ("I love reading, I read the HP series 3 times!")

When she wrote The Casual Vacancy

>muh evil tories the bankers the bonuses: the novel

The Order of the Phoenix and the Half-blood Prince were both pretty much fillers. Neither of them even had a plot.

It started creeping in with the Prisoner of Azkaban (seriously, a whole book of filler), and was cemented with Order of the Phoenix. She only makes it worse by continuing to write more shit when she'd already said she'd leave it alone.

>reading for the plot

HBP was easily the best book though.

Going from living in your car to being filthy rich tends to do things to your brain. Not good ones either.

>implying mutually exclusive

no, the fourth one was the best from a kid's point of view because lots of shit happens in it.

JK Rowling is a great MILF tho
>tfw she will never take you, a struggling young artist, in her home because you ran away and need a place to sleep

After Goblet of Fire.

That's kinda like saying Burger Wednesday is the best meal in the prison chow hall.

>because you ran away

kek

The Three-Year Summer. There;s a major dip in quality between Goblet and Order, and the last two books were atrocious.

at book 6. although you could already spot a huge fall in quality in 5

i'd harry her potter if you know what i mean

this is actually the real answer

I know this is a meme, and you'd normally be making a point, but this is pulp, so.

Plot is the only important thing in pulp.

This is like saying she used to write shit and now she writes diarrhea

you're right friend. nonetheless the discussion continues.

I went to the Yale University bookstore and bought and read a copy of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone." I suffered a great deal in the process. The writing was dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs." I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing.

I don't get why you'd go on the record with something so obviously false. Pretty sure she literally uses that exact phrase once and a variation of it one other time

When she donated 1 million pound to the Better Together Campaign.

That user is quoting Harold Bloom.

I think this is when "Death of the Author." really comes into play. Her talk about the books on twitter is rather annoying since it seems like she's just pandering hard to the people who follow her. Saying what they want her to say to stay relevant.

Hell, Judy Bloom is more honest on her twitter than Rowling is.

J. K. Rowling is that grade school teacher who was really nice and thought you were so smart for your age, and you accidentally called her "mom" one time, and you fantasized about her big, sagging, motherly tits every day

has anyone yet discovered why Bloom said this?

I remember trying ctrl-F with a PDF of the book and no luck...

Harry potter was amazing

Pretty sure it's from an interview, think it's on youtube.

Judy Whom?

Are you me?