How has Veeky Forums helped you?

How has Veeky Forums helped you?

they critique my poems

they tell me what to read

Book and article recommendations.

I've gotten good critique on my writing and the charts have given me the motivation to stop reading garbage half the time.

Some of the reading charts have been impeccable.

I lost my virginity to a boy from here.

True, even though everyone pretends to hate everything, the charts are top notch. Even the books subreddit refers to the Veeky Forums top 100 I think.

It hasn't. I only come here to laugh at the idiocy of the users.

That's kind of mean don't ya think

This.

Also, plenty of discussions here have helped me and I don't mean just informative posts. The occasional baiting, shitposting and hateful debates also contain interesting stuff from time to time. Not that I encourage shitposting, we have far too much of it and it feels like it's more than a few years ago, the board probably grew.

I hide the threads with topics that I find counterproductive.

It's helped me see that humanitiesfags are just as bad, if not dumber, than STEMlords.

It's taught me that I'm a hopeless useless piece of human trash whose only value is sometimes knowing esoteric bits of information.

>getting me into reading again
>finding out about books/authors I didn't know about
>rudimentary social interaction
>the occasional funny post
>the occasional insightful post

helped?

you must have missed it, Veeky Forums got BTFO

That can hardly be, Master Shallow. Do not you grieve at this; I shall be sent for in private to him. Look you, he must seem thus to the world. Fear not your advancements; I will be the man yet that shall make you great.

is Falstaff meant to be analogous to Veeky Forums here?

original source of crying aristocrat?

Shown me some cool books. Shown me what pretentious and arrogant assholes often look like in lit culture so I've systematically gone about trying to become more humble to avoid ever ending up like them. Decent board good times.

It got me away from the rest of Veeky Forums.

this desu

;)

It has made me justify my hate for shitty books, which in some respect has made me feel less insecure about knowing when a book is shitty.

Allow me to express my passions creatively ?

Maybe...

this guy gets it

Yep I don't even miss the traps and rekt threads anymore. I do miss the nigger jokes although not as much as I thought I would

HahahaahaHAHAHAhhaa....
:D

How?

Veeky Forums taught me to be insecure about my writing to the point that I'm actually cringing at every single word in this sentence. Now it takes me a number of minutes to write a Veeky Forums post because I'm constantly correcting myself and rewriting everything.

you don't need to give up trap or nigger jokes m8.
>traps
Orlando- Woolf
Myra Breckinridge; and, Myron- Vidal
Breakfast on Pluto- McCabe
>rekt with side of nigger
M/F- Burgess
Venus in Furs- Sacher Masoch
Critique of Judgment- Kant technically indian joke, but he's subverting the form

got me to start with the greeks

It hasn't. I read and write what I want. I only come try to give solid advice and talk seriously any subject concerning literature, but everyone here is a literal dumbass that has all the wrong ideas about certain aspects of writing. No one knows what they're talking about except for me.

This and only this

>That post
My sides. Pasta here is top tier too I suppose.

Helps me keep my autism in check; with out Veeky Forums I would probably be making all kinds of jokes and references to books none of my irl friends have ever read.

yep