Who is your favorite Pynchon character?

Who is your favorite Pynchon character?

The Paranoids

The one with the funny name.

Pig Semen Bodine

Profane or maybe Jeremiah Dixon. Doc Sportello is also a good one.

Do Pynchon's novels all take place in the same universe? I know Lemony Snicket takes place in the same world as TCoL49

What?

In one of the lemony snicket books they talk about Lot 49 and they mention postage stamps

delete this

Heh, it's possible. I wonder if you could line up Mason & Dixon, Against the Day, GR, V (?), CoL 49, Inherent Vice, Vineland, Bleeding Edge and they never contradict.

Also, what's on his hat? New York Mets?

That's a disguise he's wearing, right? He's only a late 40 something in that pic and he looks 70.

I think the low quality of the video that pic is from is distorting things.

Lloyd Nipple

Guys I think I'm a Pynchon character

What do I do

Yoyo

pynchon

something wacky

>people don't realize that Thomas Pynchon is a Thomas Pynchon character

Pynchons my fav writer for sure because my fav thing in books is goofs, gags, jokes and rambunctious behavior, and his books are full to the brim of it. Every novel is like one of those novelty snake cans, you open the book & POP you get a face fulla snakes and you fall back cackling. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! and then you think hmmm whats he gonna do next, this trickster, and you pick the book back up and BZZZZZZZZZZ you get a shock and Hahahahahah you've been pranked again by the old pynchmeister, that card. "Did that Pynch?" he says, laughing yukyukyukyuk. Watch him as he shoves a pair of plastic buck teeth right up into his mouth and displays em for you- left, right, center- "you like dese? Do i look handsome???" Pulls out a mirror. "Ah!" Hand to naughty mouth. And you're on your ass again laughing as he snaps his suspenders, exits stage right, and appears again hauling a huge golden gong.

Tyrone Slothrop

Kit Traverse

I died.

Michael Pemulis

V., Lot 49, GR, Vineland, Inherent Vice, and M&D are all loosely connected I haven't read AtD, but Bleeding Edge doesn't seem to connect to any of the others the way the rest do as far as I can recall.

delet this

Katye Borgesius

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS

pretty sure everyone realizes this.

This is the funniest thing I've read today.
ty

Ortho Bob Dulang

The "Thanatoid" thing was pretty fun.