Summer Reading

What should I add to this list? I am starting a reading group with some friends who are not exactly the Veeky Forums type and wanna go through some entry tier then maybe more advanced list of reading. We will have a poll on which books we will read. Im posting here wondering is there anything /lit recommends to a bunch of 1st uni with not very in depth experience of literature?

That's a weird ass list for sure. Why did you add gravity's rainbow ?

if you want to convert friends, go slower. most people are slow readers!

also remove mein kampf u edgelord

this group is gonna fall apart in

Get rid of these:

>Wuthering Heights, Diary of Anne Frank, Story of my life, Hard Choices
written by a woman

>Feminism is for everybody, Full Frontal Feminism, We should all be feminists
feminism is destroying the West. Women need to be back in the kitchen where they belong

>miseducation of the negro
liberal trash, muh feels and oppreshun ebul white man-tier

>also remove mein kampf u edgelord
This.

I'd also take off the video game books, and one pop-feminism book should be enough.

Some of my friends were messing around *note the feminist literature and GR and Hitler. Tho thanks for adv

I'll bug them to keep going until they unfriend me or leave this group leaving me as sole reader reading for my own personal gain.

I started V. today!

It's more similar to Infinite Jest than any other Pynchon book

V. has nothing in common with infinite jest. Wallace reads like a juvenile DeLillo, has nothing to do with pynchon or gaddis, not sure why people compare him

what if instead of spending time making a list of shitty books retards on Veeky Forums read, you actually picked books up and read them

reading shitty books is hard though

making lists that you think will turn you into an intellectual is easy

oh okay. i find that if i spend a lot of time in the summert thinking about how well i'll do next summer instead of actively preparing, it sets me up to do next thing in the summer following my abysmal academic year. i think we're onto something

I do plan on reading them but first we as group will vote on which books to read and im here to get adv on the list.

>entry level

>the post

You're off to a good start in being average in even reading, not sure how you accomplished that.

Put something super contemporary on there like Behead All Satans.

>add to this list
>in all its length
>over the brief summer
On the contrary, do some serious editing of the list in the context of a balanced life

We are voting on which books to read out of this list.

lol

My mistake

Any context on this? It looks edgy as fuck.

1984 is really good, read that. Despite people bringing it up in internet screeds all the time, it's a good story. It's not a lecture.

i would get rid of

>Anne Frank
you don't need to read a bad book in order to read about the holocaust/ww2
>Mein Kampf
it's not that good
>feminism books
do you need more than one?
>dostoevskij
can you actually read 3 dostoevkij + the other books in one summer?
>videogame stuff
no need for that. If they are into the "entertainment business" get them The Hobbit

Also completely forget about Pynchon, utter trash.

Read A Confederacy of Dunces and Catch-22. For me, an intelligent sense of humor is something I love to find above all else. I'm very hard to amuse.

Based on the assumption that you guys are in high school, here is my list for you:

The Plague
The Trial
Invitation to a beheading
Invisible Cities
Labyrinths
Agape Agape
The Master and Margarita
In the Heart of the Heart of the Country
Augustus
The Cannibal
The Crying of Lot 49
Dubliners

I would highly advise against having a book club with women, but if you do then they will probably want to see more diverse authors. In which case you could add:

Invisible Man
Near to the Wild Heart
Frankenstein

I think all of the books are both excellently written and conducive to discussion.

>high schoolers reading Agape Agapē and Gass

Okay

Pychon
Pychon
Pychon
Pychon