So, does Veeky Forums actually buy books, or do you only get them from the library?

So, does Veeky Forums actually buy books, or do you only get them from the library?

Are you the audience that matters?

I buy some books, I lend some books, I pirate some books, I borrow some books

Look at me! I'm average!

How much do you guys spend on books per month?

10 euros a month for two books in used condition from amazon mostly

Nope, only pirate them

20 - 30€ max.

Which equals about 5/ 6 books (used copies from Amazon.)

I also go to the library a lot.

I buy, I borrow, I pirate.

I steal them from bookstores, mostly Barnes & Noble.

I spent $260 last week.

~ 24$

What methods do you use to steal?
Also how do you know if there is a tag in a spine?
I've been too scared to steal from stores desu

This. Though I actually tend to pay for library books, since I interlibrary loan them.

$50-$100. Not often less than $50.

Disgusting human garbage.

What all did you get, user?

I get most from church or charity used book sales. We have a huge one annually with 500,000+ books for sale where I buy most of my next year's reading.

I buy second-hand books. I dislike on-screen reading, and I don't keep my smartphone with me. I always carry a book or two, however. I don't understand the benefits of having 3,000+ titles in a Kindle. Most people are still barely finishing a book each week, there's no need to have half a college's library in your pockets. I also like the feeling paper has on my skin, and the book's smell. I like holding it. I like lending or giving it. I don't know how to explain this… It's a whole experience.

I spent 150 this past month

Pretentious

It is pretentious to buy a book partly because the medium itself is appealing? You must have a very high opinion of yourself.

Mostly buying foreign books. The books I loan are written in Swedish, by swedes.

>Spanner

Triggered

It depends on how much I'm reading, but I'll usually buy 6-8 books a month. Luckily, I live near an incredibly reasonable mom & pop bookshop and can pick up some classics for like $3.00. Other than that, Amazon is always a good place to find a deal.

Overall, probably ~$30.00-$35.00 a month.

The fuck question is this?

Arabic is such a tough language to learn.

used to spend $40 on books every friday when i worked

now i moved back in with my parents and haven't worked in 2 years. i don't spend money on books anymore, i've gotten used to mostly reading ebooks on a computer

I bought 15 books a week ago for less than a dollar/book.
They were used of course,but they were in a tolerable shape.

The library has really old books.
I mean really old ones from the 60s and 70s.I don't trust commie era translations of books.Some are falling apart essentially.

New books are cheap at the local bookstore.I could buy all of Shakespeare's works in english for 8~ dollars.

I prefer new books,but if I'm not sure about the material or just want to take a look at it,I go to the library.
I buy used books when I see something interesting or unusual.

Every method has it's use.

I mostly use the library. I would be spending 80 dollars a month on books if I didn't

I've made myself adhere to a strict code of not buying a new book until the last one I bought has been read from cover to cover, so I usually only buy one $15-20 book at a time. I find that if you do otherwise, you'll quickly waste money by accumulating nice looking books that you never have to motivation to actually read.

Torrent PDF and read it on my phone/tablet/laptop. Fuck physical books, I'm not a fucking pseud that only wants to show off.

>caring this much about appearances

hi pseud

Mix of all three.

I borrowed a recommended novel from the library,
I bought an used book I heard about from /lit and I pirated a mega folder of literature I plan to sample through the first chapter for each file and buy the ones I want to finish.

same as this guy. I am reading one book at a time and I only buy my following book if I finished with the current one, or at least I am somewhere near the end of it.
I used to read on kindle because in my country books are fucking expensive (or rather, you are broke), but since I moved to the UK I got back to real books. 5-10 GBP/book at a time. I usually order from bookdepository, or just pop into the local bookstore.

Try to set limit at $65. Often up to $80-90 though.